You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Series Of Events At Work

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Series Of Events At Work

 

This happened a few days ago at my workplace. I was working this opening shift with the same co-worker I always do. I got there first and went into the break room to put my stuff down. As I was putting my bag down on the table, I started to get this distinct feeling that I wasn't alone. Not necessarily being watched, just that I wasn't alone. Then, I started hearing two voices outside the room, a man and a woman. There's a really loud fan in this particular room just off the break room, so I couldn't really hear what they were saying. It sounded like indistinct whispering. I assumed it was just maintenance personnel, but I went to look anyway. There was no one there.

I went back into the break room to finish getting settled, still feeling like I wasn't alone. Then, I heard some loud banging noises like an animal in the vent above me. I was so startled I ran out of the break room. The noises stopped, and I went back inside. This is a noise that my co-worker and I have heard several times and reported several times, but they haven't been able to find an animal or another reason for it. I finished up in the break room and started getting set up for work. As I was preparing some things, I felt like I was being watched and like there was an actual presence in the room with me.

My co-worker showed up and we got to work, and there were two patrons in the room with us, but I still couldn't shake the feeling of there being a fifth presence. Then, one of the patrons just stopped doing what she was doing, focused on something all the way on the opposite side of the room, waved, and said "hi." I looked at the spot she was looking at, and there was no one there. My co-worker turned to me and said, "What was that?" and I said "I don't know. I don't see anyone there."

This is not the first time strange things have happened at my workplace, and I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Other hauntings by Rachel9997

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rachel9997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-06-01)
The Place is haunted dude! Get Holy Water from a Catholic Church and bless the place. If you feel like Consecrate it to St. Joseph the worker, he's the Terror of Demons. All will be well then.
rynne (69 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-24)
Would have been interesting to know from the patron who they were waving at.
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-23)
I agree. There are also some creepy woods in the surrounding area that have always given me bad vibes, so that might have something to do with it too. Thanks for your input!
Rajine (14 stories) (733 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-23)
Hi Rachel9997

My guess would be that it could be resident ghosts perhaps belonging from before the workplace was established.
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-22)
Hi Rajine,

We have been experiencing some similar things for some time now, but this is the first that I've had this particular collection of things happen to me.

My co-worker that I mention here has experienced the exact same phenomena multiple times and I spoke with one of the maintenance people who said she also has heard whispering from people who weren't there.
Rajine (14 stories) (733 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-22)
Hi Rachel9997

Has this been a recent activity or has it been going on for a long time? I'd probably find out what your workplace used to be before it actually became your workplace, and have other colleagues experienced what you and the other worker experienced?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: