You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Rock A - Bye Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Rock A - Bye Baby

 

First, I would like to dedicate this story to Miracles. Because of her, I have started to keep a diary of all of my past and present experiences. The following story happened over 20 years ago. Please enjoy.

I lost my father to cancer in 1987, he was only 45 years of age, and being his oldest girl, we were very close. His death nearly destroyed me. Not long after his death I discovered I was pregnant with twins only to lose them at four and half months. Not long after that, my first husband asked me for a divorce. During the time of our separation I tried to make my estranged husband jealous by going out with another guy. This plan only back-fired on me after the guy raped me. You can say the late eighties were not kind to me. With the death of my father, the loss of the twins, the divorce and the rape I had come to the conclusion to end my life. I was making plans on what would be the easiest way to end my life without any mishaps when I started to have morning sickness. Here I was, about to be single again and I was pregnant. I do not believe in abortion, I feel that God put that baby inside of me for a reason - I felt that baby was there to save my life. I would also be bringing the first grandchild into the family. My father always wanted a little boy but he was blessed with 4 girls and died before any of us girls had a chance to give him a grandson.

Fast forward to 1989, my son, Ryan was about 7 months old and I had adjusted to the single life. Ryan and I lived in an apartment. The apartment was a two storey. Living area, half bath and kitchen were all down stairs and two bedrooms and a full bath were upstairs.

I considered myself as a good little mama and taken care of all the needs for an infant and being single on top of that to this day I pat myself on the back for a job well done.

One morning, Ryan woke up and was crying. I got out of bed to go to his room but I had to make a quick pit stop to the bathroom or I would be cleaning up more than a dirty diaper - if you know what I mean. I left the bathroom door opened as I was taking care of business and the whole time I was trying to sooth Ryan by calling out to him that mama was coming. That's when I heard a male voice coming from Ryan's room - I knew we were the only ones in the apartment. This voice was sort of singing to Ryan - the voice was "cooing" and shushing Ryan. I distinctly heard "there, there, hush little fellow" Ryan had hushed and I rushed into his bedroom to see who was in our apartment. Of course, no one was there but, Ryan was lying on his back cooing and smiling at the ceiling and waiting happily for mama to change his diaper and give him a bottle. I know it was my father the "voice" sounded like my dad's. I firmly believe that my dad was looking out for his oldest daughter and oldest grandson.

My dad may not have been there in body but he was definitely there in spirit. I pretty sure that my dad has visited us off and on in later years. One of those visits happened in my "1318 Smokey Road" Story. When dad does visit his presence is very strong.

I look forward to many more visits in the future. I love you dad.

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
applerose - hurry up with that home computer! You are missed ❀
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
Jessygirl:
So sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your post... I no longer have a home computer and that makes things a little harder to tell my stories and to reply to post.
From your post... It has been a little over 4 years since your dad has passed. I'm so sorry for your loss. I do understand how you feel.
No, you are not MAD... I hope i'm not too late to tell you... Do not search for your dad... He will come to you when you least expect it and it will not scare you. I know that the times my dad made contact I've been very calm. The reason I've said not to search is because you could open a door to the spirit world and that would be bad. I believe my sister has done this... And her personality has changed so much I don't even know her anymore... More on that later...
Anyway, sweetie I just wanted to let you know I did see your post... And if your dad has yet to make contact...don't worry... He will... It may be years or it may be sooner. But know this... He is looking out for you.

Chapalin1234,
Hi, just saw your post... Thank you for your comment... Here is an update on Me and my son... My son that I mentioned in this story is now 27 years old and is in the Navy as a corpsman. I'm very proud of him and I know his granddad is too.
My youngest son is a sales associate for retail and I'm married to my 3rd husband for 16 year and very happy... We have two grand-boys by my hubby's son.
LIFE IS GOOD... Now just to get another laptop... So I can continue with my stories...LOL
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-22)
Hello,

I know this story is old but I just wanted to congratulate you for your courage, being a single mom an having gone through the circumnstances you described... You are most likely a very courageous woman,
Best of luck to you and Ryan:)
enchantedglades (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
beautiful to know, that your dad visited you and your son in spirit
Jessygirl (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Hey applerose, that's a lovely account you've shared, my dad only just passed away... I'm obviously devastated and have been hoping for him to show that he is still here in some way, perhaps it's too soon, maybe he knows he might scare me. I'd absolutely love to feel his presence at least. It's very trying when you believe you have witnessed the paranormal (as I believe I have) and then when you really want to (like I do my dad) you don't. It makes me wonder if I'm mad.
L&L Jessygirl x
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
This is a great story, your father is watching after you and your son, that is awesome. God bless! 😊 😁
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Peterspirit:

Thank you for your comment - my Ryan is now 22 years of age - and he is moving to another state (away from his mama) - but he is a grown man now - and I'm sure my dad is watching over him and will continue to watch over him - also I feel I need to mention - that Ryan resembles his grandaddy so much- just the color of hair is different.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Applerose,

I did say a prayer for you when I started reading your sharing here. Then, near to the end of it, my heart had been lifted up and I was smiling... Your father is with you! Thank you for sharing your story!

Peter, ❀
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Miracles - πŸ˜† πŸ˜† No - I don't think so. I promise this one will not make you cry. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
applerose - we'll be looking forward to the next story. Am I going to need to read this one in the privacy of my home too? 😊
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-14)
Thank you all for the comments - I have one other story to share about a visit from my dad - as soon as I get a chance (I need peace and quite when typing - LOL) I'll get that story out.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-13)
What an inspiring, heart warming story. It made me smile. Ryan is a lucky boy. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
It simply amazes me the power that unconditional love has.

Your father wanted to see you and soothe his grand-son; so he did.

I do hope he is at peace but is also able to come and drop in to ease him as well as you.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

God Bless!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
my first fav to save thank you for posting such a wonderful story loved this one 😁
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Darkness: Thank you for your comment and it does make me have a very good feeling to know that my Dad is watching over me -:)

Miracles: - Gonna try to read some of those stories today - 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose: A very touching story its a very special feeling to know that passed love ones are still watching over us, true love never dies.

Yep Miracles peforming Miracles like normal gotta love her! 😊 ❀

Thank you for sharing your story

Dan
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Miracles - will do - gotta take Ryan to work and then go pick my hubby up from work - it may be the weekend before I get the chance - thank you so much 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose - when you get time, if you haven't already read these, take a look at these stories okay? I think you'll appreciate them πŸ˜‰. Now, I have to remember to do this the right way, cause last night I didn't πŸ˜†:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9247

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10086 (this one has a sequel)

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=7282

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9264

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=7699

These are just a few stories that I can think of. They're in my favorites.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose - then we are even, aren't we? Have a great evening too 😊
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Ok miracles - you just made me cry 😭. - yes I think we were writing at the same time - thank you for your comment - you have touched my heart ❀ - have a great evening 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose - I think we were commenting at the same time LOL. At least it appears that way. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose - I'm glad I waited until I got home to read this. I'm sitting hear with tears in my eyes (actually, the tears in my right eye are running down my face) and my nose is running.

First, though, thank you for the dedication ❀ and I'm so glad you took my advice. This is a story I would hate to have never gotten the chance to read.

I would like to tell you how sorry I am for everything you went through. Not only the tragedies and the violence, but to find out you were pregnant. A lot of women would have considered that the final straw and completed their mission to end their life. But not you. Bless your heart, you saw this as a sign from God to continue yours. This pregnancy, this little tiny baby, was your reason to continue getting up every morning. This baby was your reason for living.

Your dad knew you were going to need him, huh? LOL. Being a parent is hard, doesn't make a difference if you're married or not. But being a single mom does make it harder. I'm speaking from experience here πŸ˜‰ too. Your dad? Good man. I think it would be safe to say he was enjoying his role of grandpa, wouldn't you?

Bless your heart, applerose, and I'd like to add a hug to that pat on the back ❀
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
To everyone who has commented so far - thank you❀
I had been wanting to submit this story for awhile - this was a very emotional time for me and it took all my strength to write this.

Miracles - the "swelled head" comment is a hugh compliment - you are a very special person and a dear friend. Since you have yet to read the story - I'll tell you that I have dedicated the story to you. ❀😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose,
You are absolutely correct with regards to why you became pregnant with Ryan. God has big plans for you. Thanks from the rest of us for sticking around.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Cosmogal - I've upped you too ❀ and don't even know what brought that on, but it makes me feel good! I've got just one thing to say (yeah, right. When do I EVER have just one thing to say πŸ˜†) You guys are incredible, you know that? Whatever brought this "Miracles is..." on, know this... I couldn't do it without all of you and those friends who haven't posted on this story, but have been here for me for the last year. I love each and every one of you.

I now give applerose back her page 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
What a sad, but beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us. I always find it comforting when our loved ones come by to check on us from time to time. ❀

Oh that Miracles, she is one very special lady. 😊 ❀
angelia (6 stories) (18 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
That is a beautiful story, It brought tears to my eyes. My dad passed away when I was very young and he visits me as well. It's a comforting feeling that they don't leave us and they are watching their grandchildren grow up.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
applerose - gotta confession to make here πŸ˜†. I deliberately haven't read your story yet. I've read the comments from Granny and BadJuuJuu and the others and they are enough to make me know that I'm going to bawl my eyes out. And since I'm at work, I think I'm going to spare everyone that, myself included. So, when I'm home and can cry in peace, this will be the first thing I do.

And to you Granny, BadJuuJuu and applerose, thank you ❀. I'm not sure what the comments about the swelled head mean, but I'll take them as a compliment! And BJJ, you know it! Where's that smiley with the wagging finger? πŸ˜†
Bekkiboo (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Applerose: I'm new to this site, and this is the most touching story I have read so far.
It is defo a fave for me! ❀... Your father is always with you and your son!
Your son would have been his pride and joy...

Lovely story 😁 x
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Very beautiful story. Although our loved ones cross over, they never truly leave. They always seem to find ways to tell us they are still around, still watching over us. Love always continues on.
Miracles and her journals lol. I swear I can see her wagging her finger at me and saying "write that down!"

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: