You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Growing Up In The Rocks, Sydney,

Real Ghost Stories

Growing Up In The Rocks, Sydney,

 

My name's Karl. I'm 28. And this is a little story from Trinity Ave in the Rocks Sydney; a story that I without knowing shared with my older brother.

As a young kid from around the age of 3 onwards I grew up in the Rocks down in Sydney, and I remember as a kid seeing figures and well really weird things there; such as dark hands coming out of my grandmother's laundry window, or waking up to what I thought was maybe my brother or someone sitting on the side of my bed. I can't forget the active noises sounding like someone was in the surrounding rooms, which almost all the houses around the Rocks that I been inside of had ghostly presents inside of them. Like you could always feel that something was there like you're being watched.

The thing that seemed to stand out the most was when I was seeing the footprints that slowly disappeared as they walked up the hallway at night time. Back then I never thought much of it then as I thought it was normal. When I got older I started to think about it now realizing what spooky things I was seeing.

Then one day many years after moving out of the Rocks, I was with my older brother who's a year older and my mum talking about the spooky things we saw and felt there living in the Rocks, Sydney As we got into this discussion a little more suddenly out of nowhere my brother mentioned the footsteps up the hallway and described the exact thing I remember seeing, which freaked me because it was the first time he or I ever said anything about it, now covered in goosebumps we just sorta stared at each other not knowing what to think of it.

Well I hope you enjoyed one of my many short stories I have to share.

Thanks 

K4r11ane@hotmail.com

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, REDLANE, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
Hello Redlane,

I still live relatively near. (However, I was referring to my childhood).

Miandra,
😘 ❤ 😘
REDLANE (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-01)
Hi sleeping with steve
How long ago did you you live in the area

Cuddlebear
It happened regualy

Unexplained
Playing Beattie Bow', by Ruth Park.
No I havnt but iv held that book in my hands

I went to lower fort street school and the pre school. Most of my family lived there the locals new our unit as where the boogie man lives well that's the name they gave the spirit (s)

REDLANE
REDLANE (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-01)
Hi thanks for your replies
And sorry its been a while
Well I lived in the 3 story units on the top floor right next to the nursing home just down from that little park on Trinity ave, I was young when I started seeing footprints which were like a glow in the dark style bare-footprintd that just sort of evaporated away as I approached them. This took place down the long an wide hallway thay ran down one side of the unit with hard floors.

I thought of it as normal being young I didn't relise what any of this was until I got older
It was like a dream until my brother spoke of this,
And that's when it all made sense

REDLANE
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Hello Redlane,

You haven't replied to any YGS members yet. 😕

I know 'The Rocks' very well. I used to have dinner at 'The Old Spaghetti factory' several times a month. My best friends mother used to take us when we were about 10 years old.

Your post brought back good memories.

I looking forward to reading more from you.

Best wishes
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Hi Karl, the Rocks is an interesting area.

When you were younger, did you ever read the book, 'Playing Beattie Bow', by Ruth Park. The book is about a girl who sees a ghost and it is set in The Rocks area of Sydney? I remembered studying it at school, it's well worth a read if you haven't already.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
Gidday Karl,

I've got a question on the locality of where you grew up. You don't need to give out the street number, as I'm just trying to get a feel for the situation of the property and its history.

So, the question is - Was your home located in one of the buildings near the Lower Fort Street intersection, or the terraces up near the Playground?

Back in 1900, Bubonic Plague broke out in the Rocks area, so there is a grim history to this suburb, so much so, that there are advertised "Ghost Tours of the Rocks" on most nights of the week. I'm not surprised that you have a few tales to tell.

Look forward to your answers to all interested parties.

Rex-T
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
Redlane ~ Hello!

I too am curious concerning the footprints. I've never seen footprints in a house unless some one tracked in water or mud from the outside. Was the floor carpeted, and you saw indentations in the plush, or were the prints on a hard surface and you saw them as something left behind, mud or dirt?

Also did you see the prints being generated as well as disappearing?

Was this a common occurrence? Did it rarely happen? Or was it a one off event?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-30)
REDLANE - I have to confess that I find your description of the footprints confusing as well. You say you saw them, but did you perhaps hear them? To see them you would actually have to be in the space with the entity creating the footprints which you saw.

Perhaps some clarification on that?

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
KarmaTroll - hi, you have been too quiet of lately.
How is it going? Are you having fun? 😘 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
RSAChick - I guess I smelled the footprints/footsteps? 👃 😁 😁
RSAChick (115 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
lady-glow, REDLANE never says that his brother heard footsteps. He says his brother 'described the exact thing I remember seeing'.
I am also interested in what those footprints looked like 👣
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-29)
"seeing the footprints that slowly disappeared as they walked up the hallway at night..."

Could you please elaborate more on this? Were these footprints wet/bloody/glow in the dark? Were they shoe prints or barefoot imprinted? 🤔

I wonder if they were leading to a significant place within the house.

I find it puzzling that you would see the footprints and your brother would hear footsteps... Sensing the same event through a different sense. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: