You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Terrified Nights

Real Ghost Stories

Terrified Nights

 

I am working and living in Kuwait since 5 years, I was living with my friends here since 4 years and this has happened 2 years ago,

I was tired after office hours and I took dinner and went for sleep after surfing 30 minutes on internet. We were 3 friends living in an old building having 4 floors while we were having an apartment on the ground level.

One of our friend used to come late in the night from work at around 11pm so we used to take dinner before he come. That night as usual I finish my dinner at 8 pm and went to bed at 9pm. My friend came and he start working on some project on his laptop after dinner. I was partially awake and came to knew that he is working on his laptop and I sleep back. Suddenly I felt the blanket on my face and trying to push it hard on my face like I am getting murdered. I was struggling to remove the blanket but I can't and than I try to shouted and calling my friend to help me as I knew that he is working on his laptop and he is awake, but I can't even shout. After struggling hard I shouted loud to help me and I feel that I got wake up but I wasn't and again I felt the blanket on face. This time it was trying to push it more harder on my face and again I feel I am wake up and but still the same situation. But at last I suddenly woke up in real and saw that my friend is still working on the laptop. I was breathing like hell and heart beat reached at high rate and I feel blindness in my eyes and I asked him if he heard me calling his name to help but he just laughed out and said I might be dreaming.

But I am sure I wasn't because I feel that it was real and not a dream, how can a person wake up twice from the sleep.

After few months again while I slept I woke up in the middle of the night and feel to pee but when I went to bathroom and try to open the lights I got surprised because the lights arent working. I felt scared because we have good quality of lighting in our apartment. I try to open 3-4 times but I failed then I try to call my friends again but I can't even shout.

These has happened many times to me and I know that I wasn't dreaming about all this because it was real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jacksharn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Jacksharn- I'm in agreement with everyone else about sleep paralysis. I've experienced it before and it is scary as hell. I would suggest you research it and talk to your Dr. About it, they might be able to give you something to help. Thanks for your story!

Champion
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
It does sound like a case of sleep paralysis, had your sleeping pattern changed around that time, or any other lifestyle factors? As this may very well be the cause.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
[at] Jacksharn,
I know what you are talking about. I've had the same thing happen. Where you think you've woken up but really haven't. I actually did it three times in one dream. I could have sworn I had woken up, but it turned out not to be so. I haven't experienced the suffocating feeling or not being able to move. I just kept thinking I was awake each time, but I wasn't. I didn't consider there was anything strange about it, I just chalked it up as a weird dream. I still have them, I just don't put any stock in thinking it was anything more than a dream.

Jav
Jacksharn (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Thank you so much for your replies:

[at] MABS:- well when I woke up I found my blanket on my face but just in normal position. About the evidence I am not sure because when I woke up after struggling twice I found normal everything around me.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
This does sound like a sleep related thing, I would try looking up on the subjects mentioned to you here and try not to panic yourself too much about it 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Well Jacksharn it sounds as if what you had was actually what many other folks have experienced elsewhere: A False Awakening.

Http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/false-awakenings.html

They can be very disconcerting to experience, but for all of the stress, they also give you a leg up on being able to take on control of your dreams.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Hi Jack,

You said that you felt that someone was suffocating you with the blanket, but when you woke where was the blanket? Was there evidence of any struggle? The reason why I say this is because it may have been sleep paralysis. I too have had similar attacks and the experience can be very frightening. Once I remember seeing my bed cover being moved in front of my eyes! Of course, sometimes its hard to tell whether its supernatural or there is a logical reason why it happens. Trust me, anyone getting night attacks only knows the attacks feel all to real!

Thanks for sharing

MABS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: