You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Married Life And The Ghost Or Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Married Life And The Ghost Or Ghosts

 

haven't submitted a story in some time because of work being so busy, as well as life being busy. Although life is busy, strange occurrences still continue at my house. For further details of the goings on in my house, please see my previous stories.

My wife and I got married a little over a year ago, activity picked up all the way up to the wedding. It's strange, but it really didn't bother me, and there were things that would happen, house guests would notice, but it didn't phase me. Doors would open, close, electronics would move, and for some reason the entity or entities are infatuated with the garage door, both the mechanical door and the door leading to the house.

After the wedding, things died down. I continued to do research into my house to get to the bottom of what has been going on. From what I can gather from my neighbor across the street is that a child drowned in a pool in my back yard. The family quickly moved out afterwards and the owners I bought the house from bought the house. The pool was filled in. Through out the buying process of this house, I always wondered why there was a Bible in every room. Nevertheless, I had the house blessed, and the activity seemed to die for a bit.

Fast forward to married life. Initially, everything was going well. My wife and I were happy, and the activity seemed to die down. I thought my ghost problem was done with, but I always have a strange feeling in the house even though no activity occurred for some time.

My wife converted the basement into her office area to study. She never believed in ghosts, and actually thought me researching the house was a dumb hobby. We painted the basement and put her desk down there. Previous to having the house blessed, this was an area I would see flashes of light, as well as what I could swear was a shadow of a kid behind a closet. My wife studied down there for a little bit.

Here's where everything gets interesting and scary at the same time. We recently found out, almost 3 months ago, that we'll be expecting our first child. After we found this information out, the activity has picked up. Noises, doors opening, shadows in the corner of my eye.

My wife would study in the basement for some time; she said it was warm and inviting. It was bright during the day, and she felt at ease down there. After her pregnancy, she told me she hears noises down there, and feels as if she is being watched continuously. Her sense of smell has intensified with her pregnancy, and she states she occasionally gets whiffs of something rotten down there. I've done my best with air fresheners, washed the carpet and all. On occasion, I can smell what she is talking about, but most of the time, nothing, even when she is smelling something. She left the basement and came up to the kitchen to study because she said she was freaked out down there, and she couldn't stand the smell.

My career is based in science, so I thought this was due to her pregnancy, and in the back of my head didn't want to believe the ghost was back.

My wife continued to study in the kitchen, and again, she said she felt the house was spooky. She would hear noises, footsteps, like someone was running upstairs when she was down stairs. She told me a bit of it, and was convinced it was the kids behind the house because she heard children, which I previously heard in this house.

As I said before, I'm used to this stuff, and I've accepted that this stuff keeps happening. I haven't told my wife of all the occurrences because I don't want her to think I'm crazy. What is starting to scare me is that as her pregnancy is progressing, we tend to get into more arguments, and it's almost as if the activity intensifies with the arguments. A few days ago, my wife stormed out of the house calling it spooky and saying that she didn't want to be here anymore. The argument was about more than the house, but as she stormed out, she stated this. She has been staying with her mother for the past few days, and we're trying to work things out. I understand that much of this may have to do with pregnancy and her hormones, but there is some weird things going on every day here.

Here are the occurrences that have happened just today:

1) Both of my garage doors opened on their own, I went out to close them, they were closed, a few minutes later, they opened again

2) came home from work; the door from the garage to the house was wide open. I didn't lock the dead bolt, but did lock the bottom knob, and there is no way I would have left it open

3) The garage door from the garage to the house opened on its own twice

4) I'm hearing walking upstairs, especially, in the baby room

5) As I'm typing this, I'm hearing a noise here and there around the house. I think something just moved in the kitchen.

My fears are a few fold here.

1) In my conversations with the previous owner, he indicated his kids loved the basement. He indicated his kids had an 'imaginary friend'. I'm a devout Catholic, and don't want this imaginary friend any where near my child, and want to protect him or her. It scares me because; I don't believe this entity is a child at all, but something that masks himself as a child. I've made it known many times that my faith in God is not shaken, and that he will not scare me, and that he or what ever this is has no dominion over me.

Is there anything I could do to protect my child? I've started working on the baby room (painting, remodeling), and I plan on having the house re-blessed, as well as crusifixes placed around the house.

2) I'm convinced this entity takes pride in the fact that my wife and I argue. I'm trying to work things out with her, and in retrospect, our arguments are very petty, but get very blown out of proportion. I'm not sure if I should tell my wife all of the things going on. She is already scared of the house, but this house is our home, and I won't let an unseen entity or entities drive us out.

I really don't know what more to do, and am scared for my child as well as my marriage. The strange thing is that now, I don't just brush these events off; I'm actually starting to get angry with this entity. I've talked to one of my friends who is a priest at the hospital I work at. He's a Jesuit, and is intrigued by the events. I'm praying this haunting will stop with another blessing, and I pray to God this isn't an infestation. I also don't know where this is coming from? I've researched a lot of the history, and don't believe its a little kid who drowned at all, then again, it may be.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Onepointfive (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Hi Mark,

I am so sorry to hear of the craziness that is going on in your house. I am a producer for a film company looking for a high activity home to film for a groundbreaking documentary of a situation like yours. If you are interested please email me at info [at] 1point5films.com

Thanks
Maria
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Hi mark, I'm so glad that I didn't missed out on your story or rather experience. Exactly the same was happening in my house. I followed Rooks' advice all the way until everything was back to normal. You are welcome to go and read-My experience with negative energy in my house. I had to repeat the cleansing and shielding after the death of my dog. I think in a way this energy worked terribly on my husband. He was such a different person while I battled to get harmony in the house he was cursing all the time. Everything that came out of his mouth was negative. I got mad at him sometimes but I brushed it of very quickly because I knew something was growing stronger and was enjoying the scenario at our home. Rooks recipe worked for me, and I just did it in one day to be honest with you. It was like an emergency clean up.

Just remember that like rook stated that this chase out negative energy. If there might be ghosties still around then I would do as Aussie suggested-get a medium to help them pass on to the light. I myself feel like you about children ghosts. They freak me out because I want to believe that all children go to heaven strait away when they die but unfortunately we don't know that fact 100% yet why some don't. I also believe that evil will use the form of a child to get ones trust because children is a very soft spot to everybody, and even more if they are dead. We will all appreciate it so much if you keep us updated of what is happening with your situation. Take care. Trix. Before I forget-I forgot to even put it in my story but that rotten smells-I had the same in my house. While I was praying it manifested in the most terrible smell and only at two spots in the house. Strange but it's true and it left just as fast as it came too.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
ghostlovers: You may notice that your most recent comment on this thread had been sent to the "void"... Your disrespectful attitude will not be tolerated... One more thing, and PAY ATTENTION:

"Posts that are abusive, vulgar, insulting or spammy will be deleted. If a person persists in posting such messages numerous times, they will be blocked / banned from this site. We also reserve the right to delete comments that are juvenile, off-topic, very poorly written, unintelligible, incoherent, messages all in UPPERCASE or with every first letter capitalized, and anything that looks like promotional material."

And most importantly:

"You must be 13 years or older to post a comment."

The previous quotes are from the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page... I suggest you read and adhere to them... I have no problem following you around this site to delete your posts...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
A comment to ghostlover... And I know you've been "scolded" maybe enough. You seem to be rather arrogant about what you know about the paranormal. Just what credentials do you have that "we others" do not possess. In my opinion, experience stands for a lot. Not so much as walking through graveyards, etc., I do that on my free time for walks and I have found that most spirits do not inhabit graveyards as they are at peace there. As far as the corn-field, maybe you have watched too many movies such as "Signs" or "Children of the Corn". Okay... Now I am playing your games but I do not like it when someone posts something such as you did; "shut up because none of you guys know anything." Check yourself and show a little respect for the people on this site, some of whom have been on here for a long time and do have many experiences. Okay... My lecture for the day.

Lifes good...zeta.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Indigo-
Thank you! What you said to ghostlovers great. I could not have said it better myself 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Ghostlover, you seem to be incredibly young and very disrespectful of others. I say this because of several of your posts. We are adults or mature teens on this site. There are many of us who have been doing this since way before you were born. None of us know everything, but most of us know a lot. This site is a good place to learn things from people who've done a lot more than you have in your life so far. You seem to be very new. New is good. New means that you have an opportunity to learn. I suggest learning from us instead of being rude.
So far I've seen your insulting, nonpunctuated and badly misspelled posts aimed at some of the best qualified people (in my opinion, and yes, my opinion does count) on this site. Yes, sweetie, we do know about things like witchcraft and satanists (not spelled whitchcraft and satinsits) and many many more things that you might like to be aware of before you and your sister go to your cornfield again.
Stop being a rude little snot. Post your own stories legitimately, and not on someone elses thread. We will respond to your stories separately, each in turn. Be polite. Many of us here have been doing this since way before you were born. We are older, and we won't tolerate your 'I'm too important for my pants' attitude. Stick around and learn something. One of the first rules of life is that you have to give respect to get respect back. If you learn nothing else from this site, at least learn that.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
I agree with the general consensus here. I also just wanted to add something about the basement odor.

You might want to check your plumbing and/or septic system, as well as just check around your walls. If your plumbing or septic system is in need of attention, you could get a certain "funk". If something got into your walls and died, that could also generate a smell... I had that happen several years ago. A rat had gotten into the attic and was caught in a trap the previous tenants had left... It was a special kind of awful.

Congrats on the pregnancy!
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
ghostlovers: You look like a total tool dude. Ignorance is bliss, I know. Slow your roll and do your homework before trying to look like a know it all...otherwise, you just end up looking like a horse's rear. 😠
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
ghostlovers: Aussie has more knowledge of the paranormal in his little finger than you'll ever hope to have... I suggest you cool your tool and start being more respectful with your comments, and before throwing BS all over, try reading his stories first 😠 😠 😠

This comment from ghostlovers369 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
mark I'm not sure if the presence in your home is the soul cause of your arguments between you and your wife... Think about this, you stated through your story that your kind of ok with them being there and not bothered by there interactions... I too have that same approach with the resident ghosts in my home... But what we do by allowing them to share our property and possessions is give them a white flag to make them selves at home so I think your experiences are not intended to make you leave but more of what would be expected when we open our minds to those in the spiritual realm... So it wouldn't make sense to me for this ghost child or entity to start projecting negative energy towards people who are willing to co exist in a home that has sentimental reasons or an emotional attachment of which they are unable to separate from, if this child drowned in your back yard they might need some help to move on... I think the mood swings with your wife are just a natural progression of pregnancy and marriage mate and if she is working as well there will be a whole lot of stresses associated with that... Take her away for a weekend and get away from the grind and unwind the tension... In regards to this ghost child you could pick up the anti and demand he/she to go? You could also ask he/she to move on into the light? Perhaps with the help of a medium... Or you could do neither and just co exist as you have been and its wise not to tell your wife everything... If I did that we would probably moved out years ago.

This comment from ghostlovers369 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Mark: I believe that when a woman is pregnant, all of her senses are sharpened... It only makes sense because we are animals after all, and survival of the species is an inherent instinct that does come to the forefront while pregnant... Living with a spouse who isn't ready to deal with all things ghostie can be a challenge for sure 😊, as they try to convince themselves as much as you that they don't believe haha... In your case, I don't think it matters who believes and who doesn't; but I agree with Moongrim, you both need to talk about it and get it out in the open...

As far as arguing, I don't think that has anything to do with a negative entity... I think you're right in assuming it is the hormones...

Now onto kids and their imaginary friends... In your account, you mentioned "kidS" as in more than one... Most of us here agree that children can and do have more frequent paranormal experiences because they haven't been taught not to, if that makes sense... There are times when it is their imagination, but the fact that there was more than one child makes me lean toward ghost...

Good idea to follow Rook's recipe, as well as your blessing... Good luck, and keep us posted...

😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
There really isn't much else to add to the already great advice that has been given to you by the previous posters here, except that I do hope things get better for you and your wife in the near future and that you keep us posted on your progress 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
mark - I might be telling you something you don't want to hear and I might be telling you something that is wrong in your situation, but you asked a question and I'm to answer it from my experiences.

I've had child ghosts/spirits, whatever tag you want to put on them for the last 15 years. I currently have 2, a little girl and a little boy. The little girl is more active than the boy 😉. In all the homes, and all my experiences with these children, not one time did I ever think that it was a demon posing as a child. There was only one case, and I didn't even hear them, my son did, and it was what brought me to this site. Mark, I've experienced evil twice. I've heard it and felt it. It seeped into my soul. These children that we share our homes with have never given me that feeling.

I can't and won't pretend to tell you that what you are experiencing is the same. Beliefs are different, and there are many people who belief all children's souls go to Heaven when they die. I, through experience, know differently.

What I suggest is setting up a digital recorder in the rooms that you and your wife experience the most activity. If you have a camcorder, I would do the same. You never know what you might catch. Actual proof sometimes is the best thing to have. It helps make it real and then you have a decision to make. If it really is a child, a harmless lost child, do you want to make it leave? Then take those steps and send that child to the light. If not, set ground rules. Talk to the child like you would a living child.

Good luck, Mark. And yes, be truthful with your wife. Even if she doesn't want to believe, in her heart she already does. You're bringing a baby into this world. Even if you move from this home, it doesn't mean your next home isn't going to have someone else already living there.
mojacko15 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
mark,

Man,don't want to scare you more, but I guess thye ghost is attracted to your upcoming child (I guess I'am wrong) or maybe recently you and your wife has a regular basis arguement, sometimes spirits can become stronger through negative vibes... Ignore is the best deffence against this (can I say) harmless entity. The more you notice them the more they become playfull... 😳 don't even think negative...hahahaha...peace.congrats on your upcoming baby, hope this thing will stop bothering you.
Kali-Ma (7 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
If the spirit is not negative then why did the activity die down a little bit after the blessing?

V
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Thanks for all of your comments. I'm definately going to go with the 3 day house cleansing in addition to my house blessing I just did.

We got a packet of blessed incense some chalk on Three Kings Day this past year. This year was the only year I didn't perform the house blessing because I just didn't have time. I walked around the house the other day, and burned the incense. Had all the windows closed so the smell of the incense could permeate the whole house. Even went into the closets, basement, and garage. As I was doing this, I had a frank one way conversation with the entity, in summary, stating that this is my house. I commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, if good, I tried to encourage it to leave as well to the light. Took the advice of my priest friend, who told me to go through with the blessing in this way. The ceremony concludes with taking the chalk and inscribing some initials on the door frame to the entrance of your home. Did this for both the front door and back door.

After doing this, the house feels brighter and more positive, as well as the noises have died down. Last night, my dog and I sat in the house, and all was silent. It was windy outside, and not even a creak. It's funny, but the chipmunks have returned, and birds have started to congregate around the house. Again, I've done this before, and things will be good for a bit, and then return again, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.

What are your guys opinions on children with imaginary friends? I understand that this can be a gateway for the demonic, and I guess this is what frightens me the most. I'm hoping its a little kid stuck in my house, which is totally fine with me, well not fine, but easier to deal with than the later.

I've previously heard what sounded like little kids playing in the house. I don't know if I'm crazy, but it sounds like its a muffled sound in the background, like a tv in a room down the hall. Is this what everyone experiences?
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Great post by Moongrim. And Kimsouth. Whatever the entity is, it will be fed by conflict and secrets between you and your wife so this is a perfect opportunity for the two of you to draw closer by sharing your feelings and vulnerabilities and creating a space for honest, thoughtful, compassionate discussion.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Have you tried burning sea salt and cedar in your home yet? This works when all else fails. I use it only as a last resort.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Don't take any wooden nickels.

The kid in the pool is still there. Like any other kid, the kid likes to cause mischief. Blessing the home again isn't going to do much good. The incipient life that is becoming,...in your wife's womb, causes the spirit to remember it's own existence.

And it's jealous.

However, it's not evil. Not even close. So any attempts at banishing will just result in the lost soul of a child wandering alone in an even crueler world. Now like any other child, the kid needs to be dealt with firmly yet fairly.
This is going to sound sugary sweet with a lot of 'New Age Crapula", but it's still relevant: YOU and your wife need to have a heart to heart talk about what you've been going through.

YOU have been keeping secrets from your wife. BAD HUSBAND!
Kimsouth is correct in that you and she need to work through this together. It's BOTH of your's home. And only through the two of you can you and the spirit child come to an accomodation. Now eventually you're going to have to bring up the subject of having the child pass on into the light.
The kid is scared. It may have been a horrific death, but even the pool/home is all it's known. You have to let it know that it's 'allowed' under certain well behaved circumstances to remain, but you want it to seek out the light that only it can see, and to go there.
It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be well worth it.

Now, back to MoonGrump mode...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Mark,

This is a method I use, it may help you. I see you mentioned your very Devout, insert Prayers to Heavenly Father asking Him to 'push out' any negativity in your Home as well as the Garage...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I agree with you. The negative elements seem to be over shadowing anything else that may be going on in your home.

I have had experiences with both good and bad 'special' encounters (some of my stories are on this site). When you talk of your wife and you arguing and this making the 'entity' stronger, to me that speaks to somethjing that is not all that good or well wishing.

I also agree about having your home blessed again. This time, I would ask the priest to bless the basement area as well as the bed rooms, including the new room for the babdy.

Also, when placing the crusifixes in the home, you may also place open Bibles in the home; again especially in the bed rooms.

Try reading scripture out loud when you tell the 'thing (s) ' that you are not and will not be frightened in your own home. Tell it (them) to leave in the name of the Lord.

With your wife expecting, the hormones can be crazy for a woman at this time, but- these same hormones (I believe) can also make us more sensitive and susceptable to the areas around us. Your wife may very well be picking up on things she doesn't quite grasp or is ignoring because she is frightened to deal with this. Have a frank and candid conversation with her and let her know you two need to stick together to get through this, maintain your family and your home.

Please keep us posted,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: