You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Living Residual Energy

Real Ghost Stories

Living Residual Energy

 

This has happened to me twice when I was 12 then again at 13. I remember this clear as day and I can close my eyes and still see it. I never knew what this was until I got curious recently after I randomly thought of it again. I thought to myself "I know I wasn't dreaming. I was wide awake. Eyes open. I was NOT dreaming"

At twelve I went to my Aunt Angel's house with my mom Tresha, brother Steven, and cousin Amanda. I'm thinking she didn't have central air conditioning because we all were sleeping in the living room. My brother, Amanda, and myself on the floor. My mom and aunt on the couches. I remember hearing a sound like paper crumbling and woke up. I was facing their kitchen.

My eyes wide, I saw Amanda, Angel, Angel's mom, and ex husband Jesse in the kitchen. They were white people-shaped figures all repeating the same motions over and over. Amanda standing on a chair and reaching on top the refridgerator, Angel walking in place in the hallway, Jesse's hands in the sink, and Angel's mom walking in place towards us in the living room. All this taking place as I see Amanda and Angel asleep in the living room by me. I climbed on the sofa with my mom and tried to nudge her awake. She didn't want to want up and fell back to sleep. I lay there terrified and watched for 10 minutes before making myself fall back asleep.

At thirteen I was in my bedroom. My room was across from the bathroom. And this is why I NEVER sleep with my tv off. I woke up because I heard my cat push my door open to come in my room and it knocked against my wall. My tv was off. I just happened to glance at the reflection and could see into my bathroom. There I saw my mom and dad in there, again, they were repeating the same motions over and over. My mom reaching into the medicine cabinet and my dad hunched over looking in the closet. Even though I had gone into their rooms (they had seperate rooms) and they were sleeping hours earlier. Again they were white people-shaped figures instead of solid.

Was I seeing their energies? I have been trying to research this for months because I know what I saw. And now I can't stop thinking about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Klaevans, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Indigo - I vaguely remember seeing something about sounds being recorded in pottery and such on TV at some point. Do you know of a site where I can read more about that? It seems like a fascinating phenomena.
Delsol (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Have you ever heard of the Akashic Records? Some believe that everything that has ever happened, happening or will happen - including thought - exists in the now, simultaneously, residing for all eternity in the Akashic Records which is sort of an astral plane few people can access. I say 'few' because certain great yogis claim to have been made aware of this all-knowing sphere. If such exists, perhaps twice in your life you were able to 'see' a small blip from the Akashic Recordswith your eyes: a recording from past or future playing itself out for you.:-)
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Here's a whacko moment for you... How about residual poltergeist activity?
The OP is so engrossed in the experience of the residual energy that they telekinetically transfer a physical manifestation of the residual events they are seeing themselves; that their sibling witnesses as well.
Or, the two siblings are just so close that they experience identical residual encounters simultaneously.

...see, one little slip and you can go over the edge...

--
Lou
unlimited (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Hi Klaevans, Thanks for sharing your experience.
Well I strongly believe that it wasn't a ghost experience. I think you were the witness of time slip.
In this situation you can see a couple of events repeatedly, it can be done in group also. We do have a couple of incidents explaining about the same. You should talk to your parents regarding this. 😁
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
This really is a fascinating account. I don't think that out of body experience is a viable explanation here, not only would it be odd for so many people to be doing it at once, but that they would also all go to the same place, the kitchen, without coordinating it & when some of them were physically in the house while others weren't seems too far-fetched to me. Also the fact that they were "stuck" walking in place or repeating the same incomplete movement would be unusual.

The idea that the action was recorded somehow is very interesting, but begs the question, what might cause them to replay. And, again, why would the recording be skipping. Not that those questions rule out the possibility but they would be important factors in accepting the theory.

Mountaineer's suggestion is another intriguing one, but I think his own experience, where a sibling saw it at the same time suggests to me that it couldn't be a visual memory.

The only other theory I can think of is that a sentient entity of some kind projected it for you to see. But why would one? I hope more people add well thought out theories like the ones posted so far.
Klaevans (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Im sorry its taken me a whike to reply I didn't expect so many people to actually read it! I'm sorry I confused some with the phrase "white people" but what I meant was white people-shaped figures. Translucent and like a white mist shaped as human figures. In the first account when I was 12 I woke up my mom and spoke to her. I clearly remember nudging her, speaking, and turning my head to look back at the figures. I think what helped me fall asleep was I kept repeating my eyes are playing tricks on me. In the second account I actually rubbed my eyes and shook my arms to make sure I was awake. Thank you so much for your replies. I never thought I would have anyone take it seriously
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Like Javelina said in her second poster, my first thought was out body experience but I never heard of two or more people doing it at the same time (I quess there is a first for everything) and my second thought was residual haunting because there were two or more people in both incidents.

My question to you is have you talked to your parents, aunt, and cousin about this and what did they have to say about this?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Interesting account and thank you for sharing it, I too have experienced living residuals and it's validating to know there are others here who have had similar accounts, I presume your description of seeing them as white people, is how you are describing the apparitions you witnessed from the other room? It's something I've never thought about before but the colour of our skin does not reflect the colour of our soul and I guess that would makes sense as our bodies are just vessels we occupy on our journey towards the inevitable light... Speaking of the light many of those who have escaped near death experiences sometimes report reliving moments of their pass at places like home and abroad... Usually by spirit guides or angels who are sharing these experiences for different reasons and I think here lays the answer to our experiences... Through your minds eye you just may have tapped into one of those viewings... Every experience we have and will have, is recorded and stored with in our minds and can be relived usually when we die, as why some souls find themselves trapped in these repetitive realms... But for you, you have experienced this whilst still living, You was reliving a moment that has either happened or is going to happen with in the walls of that home... Pretty cool hey cheers mate.

Daz
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Science only occurs when nature allows things to happen. There have been discoveries of ancient sounds recorded onto clay pots and rocks...so, probably this is still happening today. The same technique that records photos on film is probably occurring naturally, and when conditions are right, cause a residual haunting. Maybe this is what the o/p is seeing? Possibly residual hauntings in the making? Food for thought...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
I'm of the same mind as DARKNESS is here. And it's been bothering me ever since I read this. I've never heard of multiple sightings at once of any living residuals. I'm having a hard time with this one myself.

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
I think this may have been touched on once before, that being witnessing residual activities of people even though are still alive. I think zzgranny may be refering to having seen people while they are having an outer body experience. Although when I think about it seeing multiple people at the same time doing that would be quite unlikely I would presume. Meh who really knows just throwing a few thoughts out there. 😁

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
I forgot to mention this in my last post: You said you remember hearing a sound "like paper crumbling" when you woke up. Sounds like your friend might have had a mouse inside one of their walls. This would be especially likely if the time of year you witnessed this was fall or winter. They get in there, chew on stuff, and basically make a big mess, then build nests out of whatever material they can find, paper being quite a common choice. Overall, the sound they make while chewing or rustling around inside the wall could be described as a crumbling paper noise.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Ive experienced something like this before. I was sitting on the tin roof of my house overlooking the yard, thinking, and I got lost in thought. You know, like when you are awake but so deep within your mind that when something disturbs you, it's almost like being woken up? Well I sat there for a few minutes, then began seeing the glowing white silhouettes of my brothers and I running around and playing down in the yard. One of my brothers came and joined me, then, after a few minutes, remarked that he was seeing "us, but white, running around in the yard.". I was stirred out of my reverie, and the figures disappeared. Perhaps these "broken record" visions are memories overlapping with your eyesight?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Klaevans: I find this story extremely interesting... There are a couple of our veteran posters who've experienced similar phenomena... Aussiedaz is one... I think it's pretty cool, though it would leave one dazed and confused 😆

Thank you for posting! 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
considering the two separate visions, I don't think you were dreaming. Can't say why you saw what you did, but the very title of the story seems to sum it up. I would like to hear a better description of "white people"
How/what do you mean by that?
BeautifullyScarred (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
This is a really unique and pretty creepy story. I would have been completely freaked if that happened to me... Its very possible that what you experienced was the residual energy of your family members... But until now I've never heard of anyone experiencing the residual energy or a residual haunting of anyone who was still living at the time of the experience... Really neat story though...
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakening

I know you said you were awake but you may have been false awake. Did you try to talk to or yell at the people you were seeing?

"I lay there terrified and watched for 10 minutes before making myself fall back asleep."

I don't know, If I was so scared there would be no way I was falling back to sleep after seeing something like that.
But if I was dreaming and didn't know it I probably might just fall back asleep even though I know I was terrified.

I'm thinking you just had a lucid dream and a false awakening. I have had those before and have sworn it was real.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Klaevans,
Everything except the part where you say they were "white people" are things we've heard before. A lot of people think they are Doppelgangers. We here have gone back and forth on a case by case experience. But this is a first for me. Are you perhaps saying "white" like Caspar the Friendly Ghost?

Jav
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
My theory is that we are much more sensitive to the paranormal when we have just come out of sleep or are still in that space between sleep and wakefullness, but are awake enough to perceive our environment. Therefore it is possible that with a heightened sensory ability you were able to perceive the "energy signatures" of the people in your house, or as you put it, residual energy. It's nothing to be frightened of, no more frightening than leftovers in the frig. However, because we are not used to seeing this kind of thing, it's spooky when it happens.
Klaevans (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
I know I was awake because I sat up each time and stared until getting too scared. It hasnt happened since I moved but this is also a new house that no one has lived in previously and we've only been here 5 years
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
This is surely unusual. I would first ask, are you sure that you are awake? I know you state that you were awake but sometimes there is a fine line between dreaming and being lucid. Maybe you were seeing their energies or maybe something in your mind that was thinking it over and over. This is the first time I have heard something like this so I'm not much help. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: