You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board

 

I'm new to this so hopefully no one will say that I'm an idiot for what I am about to tell you. I'm not a Wicca or spiritualist, I am catholic and I was raised in a home that was 'supernaturally strict'. My parents do not believe in ghosts or anything of the supernatural variety and they forced those ideas upon my siblings and me since an early age. For example, my younger brother was not allowed to play with his imaginary friend because my father would tell him "...If I can't see him, he's not real!" Therefore, my brother had to stop playing with it (his friend was a talking duck-fish). And so, because of how my family raised us, when I was a teenager I went through a sort of rebellion and I became fascinated with the occult and other things, not at any point did I worship any entity or idol I simply read books and went to web sites.

Now on to the story, when I was in my rebellious stage I went behind my parents back and purchased a Ouija board along with other various item that I believed to be paranormal. At one point during high school, I was invited to a party for my friend that practiced witchcraft. However, my friend had understanding parents who let her make her own decision so they permitted me to bring over my Ouija board. My friend had destroyed her own board due to horrible occurrences, and just to point this out, at that time I had no idea of her previous experience with her board (neither were her parents.)

Somewhere around 1 and 2 a.m., my friend had gathered up a group of five of her friends that were also part of her coven, and myself. She instructed the six of us to form a circle around the board and she continued on to pour a ring of salt around us and lit a number of candles. She and her coven then chanted a verse about five times. They had told me earlier that they would perform a 'protection circle' before they even touched the board, although they planned on asking simple questions, they told me beforehand that it would be very serious and that I should stay calm at all times and not to break the circle. Along with this information, the girls informed me at any time if I wanted to stop and four or more of us agreed we would, and as to not disturb the spirit we would say a safe word "Lucy" so that it would appear that we were trying to get another girl's opinion.

As they finished the chant, my friend handed me a pen and a notebook where I would write down the reply from the board. I asked not to be a part of it; I never once used the board through out the three years that I had it, after $14.99 plus shipping, go figure.

My friend started out with very broad questions, "Is there anyone with good intentions that would like to speak with us?", "Is there a person in the area that would like to speak, we would like to talk to you." This went on for about eight minuets and by then I was thoroughly bored, however my friend waited patiently and said after another minute had passed "If there is no one at this time that would like to speak with us, we are going to say goodnight."

After about a ten-second wait, the girl started to push the pointer to goodbye when they moved it to the middle again. At this point I thought they were just trying to play around, to get each other to laugh after the let down, until my friend said to write down what the board was saying.

It started of very simply, the board said hello and the girls greeted it and asked if it would like to talk to them tonight. The board pointed to yes. Now I must tell you, I remember just about everything that happened that night down to every word spelled for two reasons. Number one, I was writing everything down and number two, I cannot write things down quickly even under pressure and the board was spelling at a slower rate than I was.

This is the following conversation we had.

"What would you like us to call you? Or do you have a name we can call you by?"

"Richard"

"Ok Richard, are you a spirit or an entity?"

"Human, defiantly."

At this point two girls wanted to stop, but my friend said no, which was in code "Not right now."

"What do you mean by human?"

"I was human, now I'm spirit"

"How did you become a spirit?"

"I died."

"How did you die Richard?"

"Accident."

"What kind of accident?"

"No."

"What do you mean by "No" Richard?"

"no. No. No."

"You don't want to talk about your accident?'

At this point the pointer moved quicker to the letters N O, and again my friend asked what he meant by no.

"What do you mean by "No" Richard?"

"No more accidents, no more no more"

At this time, three girls (the two from before and another) said Lucy very loudly and again my friend said not right now. Unfortunately, I wanted to stop also, but I also wanted to see what would happen, it was like watching a horror movie for me, I wanted to see the end but I didn't want to be scared so I kept quiet.

"Ok, Richard we won't make you talk about it anymore ok?"

"Not Richard."

Again, this made me a little bit freaked out; I still get that feeling while writing this. However, the girls did not want to stop, they wanted to continue so we plundered on ahead.

"Then who is this and where is Richard?"

"This is me, Richard left. You are mean, he was very sad, so you must be mean."

"We're very sorry about Richard but we won't talk to you until you tell us who you are."

"But you're mean and mommy said don't talk to strangers."

At the time, I was being torn between yelling out Lucy at the top of my lungs or crying. I know that crying may seem like a strange reaction for that sentence but I can remember wanting to cry so much at that time. It felt like I just saw the ending scene from The Notebook all over again. Nevertheless, the girls carried on asking for a name, and after three tries, they received one.

"Nicole."

"Is your name Nicole? Or are you lying?"

"No, mommy said lying is a sin."

"Ok, Nicole how old are you?"

"7"

"Oh really? I have brother that age."

Apparently, that was a big no-no, every girl turned and glared at me for my intrusion. Apparently, it was dangerous for someone not touching the pointer to talk or to mention things that could hurt me later on. The pointer moved so the girls had to turn around so they could spell it out again.

"Boys are mean too."

"What do you mean Nicole?"

"Boys are mean and icky. Specially Bastien."

"Who is Bastien Nicole?"

"My brother"

"Why is Bastein mean?"

"He lies and he didn't listen to mommy"

"Why did Bastein lie Nicole?"

We waited about three minuets for a reply, and when the pointer moved again we thought we were still talking to Nicole. We weren't.

"Because he's naughty."

"What..." My friend didn't get to finish the question before the pointer moved.

"Naughty"

This word was repeated about nine times before I said Lucy, and five other girls said it. My friend did not say the word but as per our agreement, she said goodbye forcefully. Moreover, when the girls decided to push the pointer to goodbye they met a little bit of resistance and we all said goodbye and just about slammed the board into the box.

My friend quickly took the box and put it back into the center of the circle before the girls left the circle or would allow me to, they said a quick thanks for the protection provided and they rose as a group and we left the circle together. We all quickly ran upstairs to my friend's room and we noticed that the entire conversation took about two hours because it was around 5:20 a.m. Because it was a sleep over, we decided to take buddies into the bathroom and we would get ready for bed and stay in groups.

My friend was upset because she was forced to stop the conversation early and so when I was with her and another girl (one from the coven I had just met, she was a senior), she asked to keep the board until the coven came back later to try again. I didn't hesitate in saying yes, while the girl looked like she was about to object, until she was silenced by my friend's father asking if we knew what time it was and if we had to wake up in an hour to get to work. So we finished changing and 'primping' for bed before we returned to the bedroom to find the other four upset about something.

It appeared to them as if one girl felt a tugging on her hair, and a cold pressure on her foot. She considered herself sensitive so the coven took it very seriously. I however being the skeptic I was (I know I was in rebellion, and even after that session I still thought that maybe she was a bit spooked) decided that I would wait for them to calm down before I asked if maybe she just caught her hair on something, or maybe even if her foot fell asleep. This was, as I found out later, rude because I had somehow called her a liar. So for the rest of the night they discussed what the unanswered questions could be, they carried on talking for quite some time, and no sleep was had at the sleep over

As you may have guessed, that was the last time I saw my board, my friend kept it and it seems that she used it on her own to try and contact Nicole and Richard again, to no avail. In addition, with the help of her coven, they destroyed the board, because of "negative energies" that clung to the board.

Other hauntings by RubberBandBall

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RubberBandBall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-14)
I am a tad bit offended with [at] anthonybuses as not all Witchcraft is bad. As a Pagan/Wiccan healing a mediation are ways to protect yourself.

As for the Ouija Board, definitely bad news! Please be careful, continue protecting yourself with your religion of choice (or grew up)

Blessed be and stay safe! ❤
Matchu (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-14)
Odd for someone who doesn't believe in ghosts to find this site make an account read the stories to comment how its fake and made up lotta work just to do that anyways if your going to use a board there are folks who can teach you how to use one properly this was a great story hope your well
anthonybuses (1 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-10-02)
NEVER EVER mess with an ouija board! It is only witchcraft and contacts only demons and satan don't ever mess with one.
johndeere21 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Ouija boards are bad news! They should not even be made anymore. They are demonically evil. People should NEVER use these boards. You are actually opening a portal to hell. Why would you want to do that? I have never, to date, heard a story involving ouija boards with a good ending. I have experienced demonic attack because of this board. It took accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior to get deliverance from these attacks.
Taffdy (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
RaWrPants 73

Here Is a Chant That Your Say Before Going Into A Ouija Board To Make Sure That YOU will Be Safe But Not Completely Safe

Chat This 3 times "Spirit, please come forward to give us guidance." chant this silently

And When You Are About To Leave The Safe Circle Say

Bye Owe Spirit Talk To You Soon May I Step Back From The Board 3 times and step back and put the board in a box
PeaceLuvHappiness96 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
This was an interesting story to read, and I quite enjoyed it! Except, I have to tell you that you should have just listened to your parents, and stayed away from things like this. The Ouija board is a very dark, and evil instrument, which will open doorways for evil things to come into your life. A good thing was that you guys did say "Goodbye", but unfortunately, some spirits, and demons do not want to stop talking, before they can come into your life, but that doesn't stop them. What worries me is that you girls had difficulty saying goodbye to the spirits. Another thing that you should remember is that these spirits could be lying to you. Even if the "little girl" did sound very convincing, when she said she wasn't lying because her "mommy" told her it was a sin. This could have just been a demon, that was trying to trick you into thinking that it was an innocent little girl, so you would talk longer, giving it the opportunity to enter into our world. My parents are the same way. They don't believe in these sort of things, but want me to stay away from things related to it, like the Ouija board. Please, try not to ever use one again, it's a very bad idea. Good luck to you!
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
The most interesting story of Ouija boards! 😁

I'm glad you got rid of it before something bad could happen.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!
blood2121 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
ARE YOU INSANE RAWRPANTS73 NEVER USE A OUIJA BORD but seens and if you have and you can't git rid of them try to find some way to send it to me
RaWrPants73 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Hi! I loved your story, ecspecially the part about the little girl! I just want to know, does anyone know any prayers or chants I can say before using th ouija board? I have used it before and I be careful, but I just want to add some extra protection. If anyone knows any please post a comment. Thank You! Gracias! Arigato! Shey Shey! (can't spell it!) 😆
ParanormalLover345 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-06-21)
This story almost made me cry. Just the thought of a poor innocent kid looking for someone to talk to. I would have agreed with others to go further into the conversation, mabye you might have found out her last name, and found intresting history about them, or how she died. I am also Catholic and a member in church. But, I've heard that a board like that opens doors that you might not appreciate later on in life. God Bless You All! ❤
OMGITIS (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
THIS IS A TIP! NEVER EVER USE AN OUIJA BOARD! ONCE YOU USE IT YOU WILL GET HAUNTS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. THE DEVIL WILL HAUNT YOU THROUGH OUT YOUR WHOLE LIFE ONCE YOU USED A OUIJA BOARD! 😠 😠 😠
Ghostbeingaculture (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
Thanks Whitebuffalo! I thought the information on the site was very helpful! Quartz and Candle type is what I found the most interesting!:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Ghostbeingaculture,
I saw your question down there, and I thought I would lend my thoughts on the issue of whether or not to burn a Ouija Board.
It is thought that to burn a board releases the spirits of the board into the atmosphere. I have heard stories of the burning board screaming in the most horrific way, the scent of sulfur accompanying the sounds and high winds running through the room. I personally have no idea of that really happens. I have never witnessed the burning of a board.
It would appear to be proper to break the board into seven pieces, sprinkle it with holy water, and bury it.
There are many Ouija sites that can help you understand why it is best not to burn it. Why do you not try here first: http://www.dragonoak.com/Ouija-Board-Instructions.html?
Thank you.
Ghostbeingaculture (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Hi, I'm new here, and I have my own experiences to share, but the site is being a little faulty. The question I have is, why is it bad to burn an Quija Board? Most of the comments of this topic have stated that it is bad to burn one, and I haven't seen a an explanation on why it is to do so. Could anyone explain? 😐
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Contacting spirits are never a good idea, because you don't know what you'll get. In terms of replies and if the person you wanted to talk to is really the person you wanted to talk to. And considering that fact that you cannot physically see them... Although you or me wouldn't want to in the first place! Anyway, hopefully you and others will be more cautious in doing something of this nature. But golly why do the companies still manufacture them! Well at any rate, I hope you are doing fine now. Oh by the way... Burning the board with the energy inside it wasn't a good idea, though no outcome has come forth yet. It still wasn't a good thing to do. Anyway, take care and stay safe you hear!
phantom42 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
hmmm... They burned it? I've heard that's a bad idea. Its probably unlikely that anything will happen, though, so it is probably just a good thing the board is gone, due to the "negative energies" you mentioned. This is a very interesting story. I hope you always continue to be safe and informed when contacting spirits.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
That is scary, scary indeed.

They should have never burned it.

It keeps the spirit trapped in our world forever and it could attach to the person who burned it or someone that was using it.

Take care! ❤
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
stevemccoy, yours is a rare post on YGS.

When people die they die and that's it they don't turn into spirits--well said!

Not to conflict with what you've said, but there's a vast sum of documentation that reveals the existence of spiritual beings able to interact with humans and to give the APPEARANCE of being deceased humans.
They are indeed "spirits", non-human intelligent entities able to function outside of the laws of our physical realm.

The term "ghost" was invented and propelled into tradition; the term "spirit" has more in common with factual definition.
But the very thought that there are no "ghosts" is practically an international taboo.
Be careful there's no attempt to assassinate you for being so heretical.
I like your straightforward expression on that point, though.
My personal estimate is that you are correct.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
stevemcoy, if you don't believe in spirits, then why are you here?

Warmest blessings,

DA
stevemccoy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
wow nice story! I like the part where you made it all up. There is no such things as ghosts or spirits. When people die they die and that's it they don't turn into spirits. Ouija boards are fake!
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
i did very much enjoy this story also. I am a Catholic also, but my parents were that strict. (Thank God). Not having an imaginery friend would have killed me when I was little! I'm glad that when you used your ouija board with a group of friends that might have had alittle more experience in using them. I would have probably been upset that they burnt it with out my permission. But I'm glad in a way that they did without you trying to use it with that many people and having problems and not knowing how to get rid of them. Great story!
sherryk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
This so far is my fav'rt story on this site! I believe every word of it. I love how you did not seem to embelish on anything. People say that Ouija boards have no power and they don't. I feel they are just a tool to invoke demonic spirits through the people (who have the real power) using them. So anyway you slice it they are evil!
sherryk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
This, so far, is my fav'rt story on this site! I believe every word of it. I love how you did not seem to embelish on anything. People say that Ouija boards have no power and they don't. I feel they are just a tool to invoke demonic spirits through the people (who have the real power) using them. So anyway you slice it they are evil!
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi, My aunt uses a Ouija board to talk to my great aunt, and she always says a silent prayer, and always uses precaution, as like when she gets another spirit, if she asks it a question that it don't want to answer, she'll say okay and move to another simple question. Then when she is ready to close she will say goodbye. Sorry I ain't of much help but thanks for sharing your story. 😊
MannPower (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Bigred101 - If you think hard enough about your question, you can find a pretty simple answer.

Ouija boards are marketed as novelty items, because they operate on a little-known, but simple physical principle. You think companies have a bunch of witches cursing their boards before they're packaged? Lol.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I'll tell you how made for this person. The Ouija Board is a portal, and Evil might go through it. The best thing is to close the portal is to bury it. If you already burned it, like me, then you have to pray to God that nothing evil or bad will go through the portal and come to your world!

God Bless ❤
Dory
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Most of the time you'll catch evil entity's, believe me. I have enever used one and I hope to God I never will. Oh, and never ever ever burn an Ouija board, for it is very bad! Dont ask me how its bad, for 2 reasons, I'm very busy and I have to go soon, and 2, its just BAD!

~Gejro
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
they don't and I'm warning you do not 😨 buy 1! They are seriously dangerous! If you contact a spirit they may never leave you alone, I'm serious my Gran tried 1! 😨 😨 please dont!
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
I've always wanted to know why they sell Ouija boards at Toys 'r' Us? Lol just want to know
demonboy (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-12)
Why do they sell them anyway I have all ways wanted to try it but since it caused a death no thank you, I don't think they sell them here in Australia, well god bless :D!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: