You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Occurences

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurences

 

When I was little, about 4-7, My great grandmother had this ballerina/music box. Well, one day, it's arm broke off. That's the day it wouldn't work anymore. We tried to turn the on/off switch, but it just wouldn't play. Then, one day I was sitting on the ouch with her, and it started to go around in circles (hence the ballerina part) and play music. I was scared to say the least. My grandmother also said that one of her sisters had been murdered, and they never found the killer.

Also, when I was little, I heard my name being called. Nobody was in the house. I feel like I'm being watched, even now. But, that's about it. The ballerina continued to play music until I was about 7. I'm 13 now. I need some help trying to find out what was the reason for these things happening. I've read that smaller children have more experiences with entities, but I never saw a shadow for anything. Except once. I was opening my door to my room and this small, black orb dashed out of my room, stopped in front of me, and disappeared.

We also used to hear car doors shut when everyone was asleep. This is 100% true. I am a christian. Just to get that out there.

Since the minimum character thingy is 1500, I'll go ahead and tell about myself. I'm 13. 'Nuff said. I'm scared of pretty much anything paranormal, but ghosts fascinate me. A lot. And, plus, I just wanted to ask some questions. Why is this happening? Could it be related to my grandmother's sister? I've read some stories on here about poltergeist and whatnot, but I don't think it's that severe. I've been wanting to go ghost hunting with my digital camera, but never got around to it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexWazzle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
The other posters took the words out of my mouth. There might have been a technical problem with box after the arm broke off.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I doubt that the music box playing had anything to do with your grandmothers dead sister. Sometime music boxes do that.
AlexWazzle (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Rook, I live in a 5 acre "farm" I guess you call it, nobody really comes around, only in the day time. The sounds I hear are at night, and my neighbors are either at a race in some other city, or asleep.
mneme_70 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
you sound a lot like me sweetie! Maybe we could help each other to not be so scared! It does get better and easier...i'm not as scared as I used to be!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
AlexWazzle,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing these experiences with us. You mentioned a number of events that have 'spooked' you for lack of a better word. Let's take each in turn.

The Broken Music Box: whatever happened to break the arm off the Ballerina may have caused the music (the spring that 'drives' it) part to become stuck and this simply 'worked itself' loose allowing the music to play and the Ballerina to 'dance' again. So this may not have been paranormal.

Your Grandmothers Sister: It's unfortunate that her murderer was never caught and it could be that her Spirit remained here on the Physical Plane because of this... Purhaps even being the 'Black Orb' you saw that one time.

Your name being called/feeling like being watched... These could be things like High EFM (Electromagnetic Frequency) Fields and Infrasound.

Http://www.answers.com/topic/infrasound and http://www.who.int/peh-emf/about/WhatisEMF/en/

One may cause an individual to 'hear' things. The other may cause an individual the feel as if they are being watched.

Hearing Car Doors close: More details please... Where did you live? (Stand alone Home? Appartment complex? Middle of no where Farm House?) I believe you heard the car doors closeing, but without knowing where you lived it's to 'easy' to say it was the neighbors coming home from somewhere.

As 'investigators' we must always consider and rule out anything Natural/Normal, including medical reasons, before we can consider anything we have experienced to be Paranormal.

Again Welcome to the Site. Thank you for sharing.

😁

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: