You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Special Visit From Dad On His Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

A Special Visit From Dad On His Birthday

 

Just a little back ground before I start my story, I have 4 brothers and 1 sister. I and my sister were very close to our dad growing up. He spoiled us rotten! We lived with him on and off through out the years due to my parents divorce. The last time we lived with him was right before he passed. He had a little house in Oregon that he loved. We lived there with him for a couple years before moving to Alaska with my mother. I was 15 and my sister was 13. Little did we know that would be our last time seeing our dad.

So we move to Alaska and we were there only a short few weeks before getting that dreaded call. My dad passed a few nights before and we were crushed! So we did the best we can to heal, and eventually we did. Or so I thought.

Fast forward a few years. I decided I wanted to get out of Alaska so I moved with my brother who lived in Hawaii. I was now 18 years old and always had my dad in my heart. I had lived with my brother for a few months when my experience happened. It was on my dad's birthday May 17th. I spent most of the day crying and upset just missing him terribly. So after dinner that night everyone went into there bedrooms and I stayed out in the living room playing Play Station still thinking about my dad, when all of a sudden I felt what felt like a warm hand touch my left shoulder, I looked as if someone was there, nobody was there. But the touch I felt was so loving; I automatically knew it was my dad.

This story wasn't scary but means a lot to me because deep down I know he visited me to let me know everything was alright.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, weezyluva808, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
wonderful story sweety and I am glad your father was there to let you know he is safe and is ok, you are very lucky to have that 😁
weezyluva808 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Thank all of you so much for your kind words... I haven't been on in a while... So I apologize for the late reply... I have so much more to tell! Watch for more stories... God bless you all!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
a sweet touching story thank you for sharing with us,
It is always nice to read about loved ones reaching out to people after they have passed to let you know they are with you when you need them.
Thank you again
Carl
owensnee1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Please accept my condolences for your loss. However, it looks like he's not that far away. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
A great account simple and effective, I honestly believe you did receive a visit from your father when you most needed it.😊
Its great to read a story like this everynow and then.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cookieskid (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
So sorry for your loss. I am so glad your dad reached out to you to let you know he understood. Thank you for sharing this story
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
A very touching story... Thank you for sharing it. I enjoy the break from the typical scary and aggressive ghost stories to read about situations like this where love extends itself to us even from the other side.
JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
This is a beautiful story! Personally, from my experiences, I believe he felt your stress and made a special visit to try to ease your mourning. My Nana regularly shows, just to show us that she hasn't forgotten and she's thinking of us.

So glad that you got to have this experience! Also, so sorry for your loss... But from this story, he doesn't seem to be fully lost from you! ❤
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
That is wonderful! I am so glad that you got a visit from your father! I am sorry that he passed but I am so happy that he came to visit you! What a blessing! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: