You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From A Deceased Relative?

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From A Deceased Relative?

 

Before I was born, my teenage Aunty had taken her own life. She lived in the house that I currently live in right now. I am unsure exactly where she died, but she did live her last bits of life in my House. My mother went to see a psychic who gave my mother the cryptic message that when the lights flicker it is her sister. And Lo and behold When we visit my grandmothers house the lights will flicker on and off while we have dinner, just like the psychic had said.

When I was little (about 3 or 4), I was playing with my mother in the living room near the hallway when I, said my Aunty's name aloud and pointed at something invisible while I was in the hallway. I had never met her nor knew her name. During those years I didn't speak much so for me to say anything at all was strange.

Since this day, the hallway has been one of the most active places in our house. I have held seances in the hallway and have seen other figures, because there are, in fact, other residents that linger in the hallway and lower rooms. Since I heard this story, I have tried connecting with my Aunty to see if she would come through at all but I have never succeeded in connecting with her. I believe she may have moved on, but sometimes I like to think she watches over me as if that's what she was doing when I spotted her.

Nowadays I still live in this house and it still has activity. Electronics will often turn on by them-selves (i.e. The empty kettle) Walls will bang etc. I have never had any clues or experience that have led me to believe that my aunty is still on this side, but occasionally you can hear crying coming from the end of the hallway when no-one else is home.

Thank you for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Loki101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (794 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-05-08)
Hi Loki101

It's so sad and heartbreaking when someone feels compelled to take their own life, only God knows what would drive someone to do that.

I believe that your aunt is still around watching over everyone, I do hope she's found peace in the afterlife.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: