You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Lady In The White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady In The White Dress

 

Growing up, I knew that there was something else with us. I knew that not everything in our world meet the eye, but it didn't bother me. I wanted to know what this other side was, and who was there.

Me and my friend decided it was a night to sleep over at her aunts house, and see if we found anything unusual, because she had seen things, and she didn't want to be called "nuts" anymore. I tried to help her figure out what this "thing" was that she saw.

It was about 12 am, and we were getting ready for bed in the basement to sleep. Her aunt was upstairs asleep, watching TV, so we walked up there and turned it off. My friend decided she was going to go to the bathroom and I was waiting for her to get ready, and sat down on the couch. The TV was turned off, and was completely BLACK when all of a sudden, I heard the faint noise of a child crying.

"Kayla? Did you hear that?" I asked from the couch that was close by the bathroom.

"No. What are you talking about?" She asked, while she brushed her teeth.

I made her stop the water and listen. The faint cry wasn't heard again, but I was still a little freaked out, so we went downstairs. We tried to figure out if we knew anything in the house that would've made a faint cry like that, but we just couldn't pinpoint a direct place where it would've came from, so we decided we'd just go to bed.

About 4 am, Kayla was shaking me to wake up, and she was crying. I asked what was wrong, and she said that she had seen someone walking around the downstairs wearing a white dress, and she was crying for something. I was a little shaken because of what happened earlier, but this freaked me out even more. We both huddled in the corner of the bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, we asked her aunt if she knew any records that have been from the house from a while ago, but there was no records left because of a fire in the courthouse in the early 1900s. We don't know what to think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bonjovilover98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Omg creepy! It may have been someone who died in the fire or something. Stay safe:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
It sounds like it could be just residual energy, if the girl did not acknowledge you or your friend at all. Definitely very creepy though, and I feel sad for that little girl.

Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: