You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Knocks, Door Openings and Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Knocks, Door Openings and Voices

 

This happened in the years late 1996 to early 2001 in Roseville, California on 113 5th Street. When my twin brother and I were three, almost four, our family moved into a white house with brown shingles. The house had a moderate sized front yard with a wooden fence, a big porch, a large living room, a moderate sized kitchen, a long hall leading on one side, my brother and myself's bedroom and our sister's large back bedroom. On the other side was the bathroom. I do not remember much about when we first moved in, but I remember feeling scared to go in the room and sleep. My brother and I had a bunk bed, he slept on the top and I on the bottom.

The first occurrence I remember was a voice that sounded like the voice of a Marylin Monroe type of voice. It told my brother and I these exact words: "Draw on the closet, go ahead..." My brother and I being little and naive found a crayon each and drew all over our white closet door. Our parents asked us why we did it and we replied "Because the lady said so..." Our parents not really believing us scoffed it off.

A year later, our family was all nice and settled in. We would watch evening T.V. (Usually The Price is Right) and snack on dessert. When we would hear these knocks on the doors. Sometimes from the back door, and sometimes from the front. Having no idea what caused it, we looked all around in the front and backyards. This was a regular thing every night, we scoffed it off as pranksters.

About three years later, my brother and I were out of the house and my parents were having guests over, when the back door was knocked on and it suddenly flew open. My mother screamed and my sister came out and looked surprised. Being the brave one, my dad checked it out. Nothing was back there. Later that night, my parents were discussing things with us at our bedsides. I got up and went to the bathroom. When I came back I tried to get in my bed and something growled. It was an audible growl that every one in the room heard. It scared us.

I am fourteen now and we live in a different house in the same city. And I still have heard unexplained phenomena in this house, if anything bad happens, I will notify this site.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

YoMotherWhatIsUp (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-30)
i love this story but you are weird so pshh yeah I know you're jealous of my ahmayzing self...I<3U
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
It sounds to me that the ghost residing in your old house wanted to be noticed, and was getting upset because your parents brushed it off. But the growling, I think that was something different.
Blessing to you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: