You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Possible Poltergeist

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Poltergeist

 

While I was in college, I lived in a college apartment for one year. I don't think it was a very old apartment building, and if anyone had ever died there, I was certainly unaware. I had three roommates - two of whom had lived there the previous year. The girl in the bedroom right next to mine moved in at the same time I did.

Once we moved in, some strange things started happening (the other two roommates had said that nothing like this had ever happened before). It started with the TV in the living room. The four of us were sitting on the couch, watching TV. The remote was sitting under the table that the TV was on, upside down. The back was off of the remote, so we could see that there were no batteries in it. The volume on the TV was a little too low, and I commented on it, asking anyone to turn it up. Of course, we were all too lazy to do it, so we just sat there. However, the volume bar on the TV started to go up, and remarkably stopped at a comfortable volume. We were all pretty spooked, but it didn't scare us too much. After some discussion, we had decided that if our apartment *was* haunted, it was probably haunted by either a kind spirit, or one with a sense of humor.

After that, I started hearing strange noises at night. Not like noises you would expect to hear in a college apartment complex, but very mechanical "ticking" noises. The part that really got me, though, only happened one night in my bedroom. I was in bed, in the dark, trying to get to sleep, when I heard a loud, "THUD," on the wall behind my head. Immediately after that, the following things happened in a perfect clockwise circular pattern around my room:

The mirrored door on my closet shook. Right after it shook, my bedroom doorknob (just to the right of it) began turning rapidly. That stopped, and my bathroom doorknob (just to the right of my room door) turned rapidly. After that, my VCR, which was to the right of my bathroom, turned on and then off by itself. The window to the right of the VCR then began to shake. Then the thud behind me again.

This circle went around three times, and then stopped.

I had no idea what was going on, and I had absolutely no explanation as to what was making the noises. Nobody else had any experiences in their bedrooms, and I didn't have any more after that, but the TV in the living room was still affected.

I've long moved out since then, but I still think it was an interesting story. Also, I was interested in theories on what, or who, was in our apartment.

Other hauntings by Unicorn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unicorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HaleyScott (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
i think its a jinn, cause a jinn messes with you, listen if you want to e-mail me about this my e-mail address is haleyworldscott [at] yahoo.com. Now jinns always mess with you, so beware, and don't get scared I think its tryying to get your attention. 😨 😨 😨
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-29)
It's strange, but I didn't really feel frightened at all when the bedroom thing happened. Maybe it was because I had discussed the possibility of a ghost with my roommates, and we had already decided that if we did have one, it meant us no harm.

I'm sure there was nobody in my bedroom who would have been able to turn my VCR on/off or turn my bathroom doorknob. It's possible that the TV in the livingroom was a prank, but I really don't see how the bedroom could have been.
taintedsoul (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
Did you continue to stay in the room after this happened? I would have been so out of there, it would have been unreal.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
Hey everyone! My first comment in a while. You said that it went around 3 times. Think of it as a clock, as you said it was like. Perhaps the ghost (contrary too what Enchantee thinks, I believe it was all a ghost) was trying to tell you that something may have happened at 3 o clock, and maybe you should check this out. Keep us posted.
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com for more information.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Maybe the ghost would truned up the TV for you wanted to get your attention. It is possible that it had you confusied with someone else and wantd to tell you something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: