You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The House That Haunts Me

Real Ghost Stories

The House That Haunts Me

 

Where do I even begin?

When I was only eight years old, my family moved into a house that was built in the late 1800's. I thought it was a beautiful house and I still do to this day, but the things that happened inside of this beautiful house, are almost unexplainable.

It all started when my mother went down to the basement about 3 days after we moved in. The basement was unfinished. This means, the floor was concrete and the walls were made with stone and it was very dark. Anyway, she went down there because that was where our washer and dryer were and as she was gathering clothes to put in the wash, she saw someone out of the corner of her eye. When she did a double take, the person was still there. My mother claims it was a woman who looked like she was from the early 1900's and she simply stared at my mom almost like my mom was being judged by her. My mom, naturally, ran out of the basement and I remember she wouldn't go in the basement alone for the rest of the time that we lived there.

I have 2 brothers, a father, a mother, and one sister and we were all living in this one house at the time. I am the youngest one. The strange thing is, only the girls (my mother, my sister, and I) experienced paranormal activity in the house. Strange isn't it?

So, here are my experiences. It all started (for me at least) with the Ouija board. Never ever use one. I promise you, you will regret it just like I did. I believe that the Ouija board triggered all of the paranormal activity I've experienced in my life. I was 10 years old when we played with the board and I was with my sister and my oldest brother. While playing with the Ouija board, we discovered there was a girl named Fanni who claimed she was living in my sisters' room and she said she was 13 years old. This puzzled everyone because my sisters' best friend was named Fanni so we didn't know if it was just the spirit toying around with us or if my sister was moving the thing without realizing it or if there really was a girl named Fanni. Here comes the creepy part. When she said she was living in my sisters' room, we heard a moan and it came from the dining room. No one went to inspect because we were all too scared. "Fanni" seemed like a nice ghost. Stupidly, I asked her when I would die. She said I'd die at age 99 and the weirdest thing she said to me was that I'd dye my hair black. Anyway, this whole Ouija board experience was the beginning of it all.

I remember the countless (and I actually mean countless) nights that I felt I was being watched as I was about to fall asleep and I would have to go to my parents room to calm down. Not a single person felt this way at night, I was the only one. I remember one day, this was probably 7 months after using the Ouija board, and I was on my laptop when I heard a MAN'S voice, yes, a man's deep voice, say "get out. Now." I went wide eyed and said "Okay" and I don't recall returning to my bedroom that night.

Then there were other times where I'd be sitting in my room and I would hear thumping on the walls. My sister had the worst of that, however. At night, my sister heard people constantly running up and down the stairs and when she was home alone one night, my brothers alarm went off and when she went into his room to turn it off, it had been thrown across his bedroom by something/someone and was still going off. Needless to say she was horrified and she sat with our dogs the rest of the night.

Now, back to my experiences. I remember one time I was sitting on my bed and I was lying on my stomach with my knees bent and I was waving my calves back and forward while I sang some songs and did my homework. Suddenly, someone grabbed my ankle. I thought it would be my sister and when I turned around to see if it was her, there was no one there and my room went freezing cold. Again, I ran out of my room and I don't remember returning to it that night.

Now here come the worst 2 experiences I had in the house. One time, I was cuddling with my dog who was sitting on the top of the sofa (not on the part where you sit, but the part above where the back of the sofa is... If that makes sense) and suddenly he got up and moved aside. Right behind him, I saw this gruesome face that nearly threw me off the sofa because I was so horrified. It was a girl whose skin was almost green. She was smiling at me in the creepiest way and she only had about half of her teeth. Her lips were blue, her hair was a dark mess, and she just was sitting there, staring at me. I will never forget that moment. I told my parents, they of course called me crazy, but I know what I saw and I know that I was not imagining this. Then, a few months later, I was dreaming. I dreamt I went into the houses sunroom (a room that was surrounded by windows) and in the dream, I opened one of the shudders that was covering a window. It was night. When I opened the shudders I saw grass and there was this light (just a normal light bulb with a lamp... You know what I mean) and it was pointing on the grass, just like normal. Suddenly, the girl who I had seen behind the sofa previously had appeared under this light. I was surprised and I looked and made sure that she was dead. When I was sure she was dead, she suddenly rolled out of the light. I remember waking up from that dream with a gasp and I could hardly catch my breath. It was one of the most realistic and terrifying dreams I've ever had.

And so, to this day, I have no idea what ghosts were inhabiting the house, but I do know that the house was for sure haunted. No one had ever died in the house which is what puzzles me greatly today. We moved away 2.5 years ago and now I'm living in a brand new house and I am much much much happier here. I no longer feel watched while I sleep. What do you think about this? How were ghosts haunting my house if they never died there? Do you think the ghosts were nice or mean? My mom believes that the ghosts were hesitant to like us at first, but that they decided they liked us after all. I guess my moms' experiences were more pleasant than mine.

I still have ghostly experiences everywhere, in my neighbourhood, on the streets, while driving; I guess I have the ability to see ghosts. It seems my sister has the ability to hear them, and my mom seems to see them just like me. I hope you all enjoyed my story, because I really didn't enjoy experiencing it all that much. Living in this house has left me to be a horribly paranoid person, and I will never be the same after living in this haunted house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brooke1129, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

brooke1129 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
ahh yeah the girl we talked to on the ouija board said she worked for the devil but she didn't like it. She said when she came down to visit her relatives on earth she got captured or something like that and her job was to scare little girls.

Dont know how much of that is true but that is what she told us atleast.

So glad I moved away and I hope the family that is living there now is okay! I will never play with a ouija board ever again!
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
i have to admit I would wet myself if a greenfaced girl smiled at me! 😨 but I'm glad you are out of the house now and raccoon I also find that thought very funny I can imagen it right now lol

Love ladymoondust ❤ ❤
clarkrose91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
I do have to agree with anneke8. My best friend just moved into an apartment and crazy things have been happening to her and I. So she used a ouija board one night when I was at school. She spoke to a demon named huxley, and this when everything started to get worse. Her birds would screech at something and be shuddering in a corner of the cage. Turns out her next door neighbor left because of the demon. So it is good thing that you moved because you opened up some doors and those things were now more in tune to you so they showed themselves to you more. You have to be careful with those things, you don't know what you are going to open up.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Do NOT play with Ohija Boards or stuff like this will happen! I will never, but some of my friends did and they were freaked out! That stuff can kill you.
It is not ghosts that's being called up, but demons!
This house became their playground.
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I have to admit that I laughed at the thought of an early 1900s era ghost saying, "What is this thing? Why won't it STOP?" and throwing the alarm clock across the room.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Hi brooke1129, Like rath9375 said, they didn't have to die inside the house. They could have passed away on the land, be attached to the area, or an object that was of significance to them when they were alive. I don't think they were looking to harm or frighten you. They probably were just curious and tried to get your attention from time to time. The thing about the Ouija board, and the activity picking up after you used it could be explained as an aid that pushed open an already existing door for the spirits to pass in and out of. But I don't really feel that the board was the cause in this case. I believe they have always been there. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. 😊
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Ghosts can haunt anywhere. They don't have to have died there. Because your family seems to have the ability to see or feel ghosts, they may be attracted to that. I doubt the girl was mean. You may have preceived her as scary because you were scared of the ghosts. I'm glad you are in a more comfortable place now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: