You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: You're Welcome Here

Real Ghost Stories

You're Welcome Here

 

when I was younger and even to today I have always had a unhealthy fixation with spirits not just any kind though yes humane ghosts and wandering spirits attract me but it's the dark and omens ones that really grab my attention.

in my late teen years after I was able to move away from my parents I was hell bent on contacting a demon but I didn't go about it the way most would with some cheap slumber party board game. I see the Ouija board as waste of effort and money. So I did some research on the matter and found some very interesting sites about demonic invitation the process consists of just letting your guard down and surrounding yourself with negative thoughts and energy. It took some time and doing about a month or so, oh yeah did I forget to mention that this was the worst idea that had ever crept in to my mind. I was in a very dark place in my life and very foolish for doing such a thing. I'm only sharing this story with you people so that you can learn from my tragic mistake. Any way let me continue.

Some time in mid November of 2006 things started to happen around my apartment small things that I easily chucked up to me be forgetful such as lights being left on. Certain personal positions of mine being left out until one night after returning to my apartment one evening I looked up a saw my lights flashing on and off in the window as if someone were flicking the switch repeatedly. I'm a pretty big guy and hot head and the thought that someone broke in to my home really ticked me off. I dashed up the stairs unlock the door and stood in the middle of the room alone the light still flashing and then it struck me that if someone broke in the door would not have been lock meaning it was here with letting its presence be known to me. I looked down the hall and heard the clicking of the light switch. I felt uneasy as if something bad was about to happen then it stopped the light was on and the bad feeling gone. I had a busy day in the morning so I force myself to bed and for an entire week nothing happened until one Friday night.

I was on my patio having a cigarette when I heard a low octave moan come from my kitchen. I turned to look and there low on the floor was a dark figure. I was terrified it had yet to do anything but I stood paralyzed with fear not fear of death but something worse. Whatever this thing was it thrived on chaos. It set out the worst kind of atmosphere but the most unsettling thing about it was that I could see it but it was as if it wasn't there at all not transparent but as if it was skipping back and forth between demission's or something like that. I couldn't make out any what it looked like just that It had a wide mouth and then I freaked. I grabbed my keys and ran to my car yell out as I left the apartment you can have it. I drove to a friend's house stayed the night came back the next morning got my stuff and left I even paid to terminate my lease early. As I left from the room in which I slept in carrying a box I heard a whispered voice say you're welcomed to stay. From then on I have never taunted another spirit for fear of that thing coming back to visit.

I still have nightmares and all I can see is its big wide mouth I strongly urge no to play with spirits respect there boundaries

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Edward89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I agree with lynrinth on this one. I like to make a suggestion. I would say a prayer according to your faith and believe system and also have a holy book of your choice beside you when you go to sleep. Also, it doesn't hurt to lit candles to create a positive energy.

Personally, I think something was already at the apartment or near it and it picked up on your energy, give it strength to manifest into something and scare you.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
You are one lucky dude. You escape something which could've gotten worse. Thankfully, you learned. As much as you were in a dark place in your life, to be able to walk away from a situation which could've made your life ten times worse than what you were going through at that time, *shivers* I don't think anyone wants to even accomprehend something like that ever. The nightmares could be lingering effects from your, um, experience. Just hang tight, be strong, and maybe they will leave in time. As for him in the background, as long as you don't do anything that, in a way, entices him to stay around, he may just decide to leave for more encouraging pastures.
Edward89 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
to ClooX I don't a have the nightmares as often but he is still there in background like a constant reminder that if I start to slip up it'll be right there waiting I don't think of it as a problem at all that's there
ClooX (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Thanks a lot for sharing this with us... I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight! Please update and tell us if you are still having the nightmares.
Edward89 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
i learned to back off of that sort of thing and I'm fine just reading about it
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
hahaha Moongrim, even when people agree with you, there is some aggression. 😆
(Lazria I know you meant to say "agreement" I just found it funny)
Sorry, I know that was off topic. 😜
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
For once Moongrim, I'm in full agressment with you.

There is no dabbling in the occult. There is being a fool and playing with things you don't understand, out of stupidity or ingorance, then there is dealing with it in the correct, causious and respectfull manner that can help you, protect you and so on.

Glad your "demon" didn't follow you, although instead of a real demon, it may have been something else that took it as it's goal to educate you into stop asking for things you can't and/or shouldn't have been messing with.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Dabbling in the occult can be likened to dabbling in Nuclear Physics.

Unless you've gotten proper 'training' you're apt to end up creating some truly nasty and epic messes.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Thank you for sharing this. There are definitely people on this site itching to do the same thing you did.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: