You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Don't Know If I'm Paranoid Or If Something's Actually Here

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Know If I'm Paranoid Or If Something's Actually Here

 

I had to sit here for a bit and try to figure out how to convey what's going on. I can't divulge much for privacy reasons, and it took a lot to even speak up about this. I'm the kind of person who tends to attract spirits and I've been one to visit old mining towns and other "haunted" locations to see what I could feel there. And as of late, I've felt the presence of some weird creature and a man in my house. I've only felt the man's presence twice.

The first time I felt it, he was in the corner of my room watching me. But the second time, I felt him sit on my bed and breathe down my neck. He doesn't have a friendly air to him whatsoever, and the other spirits in the house do not react well to him, including a spirit named Lucy (I might post about her later if I get around to it). I'm unsure as to who he is or what he wants, but as far as I know I'm the only one that has felt his presence in the house. There's also the creature, and it doesn't have a good aura either. It watches me, everywhere I go and its presence often keeps me up some nights.

I haven't physically seen either of them. No orbs, shadows or anything like it. I've only ever felt their presence. And I'm unsure as to whether they're real or not or where they came from. In May my beloved pet passed away and the grief has been gnawing at me since then, so I think I might feel them because I'm paranoid about my dog's death. Or there's the option that they are real.

If they are indeed real, is it possible that they either followed me from an old mining town or that maybe my dog protected me from them before she passed? Or are they just hallucinations caused by grief? The only thing I truly know for a fact is that I didn't feel them or know of their existence since May and I'd like it if someone could help me figure out what they are. To those of you who read this, thank you for your time! I'm sorry this is so weird.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PickleR12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-25)
Hi PickleR12,

Any updates on this? Have you already figured out anything?
alexandrapr369 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
And while you 'lay low' please protect yourself, specially when they seem to not be friendly. You seem to be no strangers to spirits, maybe you already have a method to cleanse/protect yourself if not, follow DirtCreature suggestion and try out Rook's method.
PickleR12 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-23)
(I'm just going to reply to everyone in this comment because I'm still trying to understand how to navigate this site. Sorry for the late reply!)

---Lady-Glow, there isn't much my family is willing to tell me about the house. But here's what I know - To begin, there's only one spirit that has "followed me" or gotten attached to me, she's been a struggle but she and I are on the same page. Most of the other spirits I've dealt with have always been in this house, minus the two new ones that may or may not be real. I'll try to go into detail about the spirits I know are here.

My great grandmother passed away (in my room, not fun) about a year before I was born. She's been around from time to time, usually showing up when someones upset, needs comfort or when she wants to. She also comes around to spray perfume in the house as if she's getting ready for something. Then we have Lucy.

Lucy is a young girl who is attached to an old ceramic doll I own that I inherited from my deceased grandmother, she is not the daughter of my great grandmother, this might be important later. The doll came with no markings, tags or anything of the sort, and with my only way of finding out where she's from being deceased I don't have a way of reaching out to her old owners and asking about her. My mother has brought up that my great grandmother had dementia before she passed on and could've attached part of herself to a doll. So she is either another part of my grandmother, or a lost child who's become attached to me.

There are a few unnamed spirits that show up from time to time and mess around. They'll read a newspaper (when we don't have a newspaper in the house), knock cups or papers over, poke people or cause temperature changes. Just usual spirit stuff on their end. There is a very strong chance there are more than I know about. This house has been standing since the early 1880s, and when renovating we've found old glass bottles, really old newspapers and other things like it.

And yes, most of my family members are aware of their presence. Quite a few of them do not believe in spirits, but have agreed that there is something here and have had experiences (minus the man and thing) that match my mothers and my own experiences. The only ones that haven't told me they're aware about is the man and the thing. That's about as much as I know personally.

---CuriousDee

I felt the man quite a few months before I visited the mine, and he showed up again about a week before we heard about the mine. The thing however, showed up about three weeks after we left the mine. People experienced darker entities at the mining town, and the thought of that may have rubbed off on me. No one described what I've felt so I'm not sure if it was there.

For your point about mind playing tricks, I'm honestly praying for that to be it. No one else has felt that (At least, no ones told me if they have) so maybe I'm just losing it, my minds playing tricks on me or that it might just be a spirit wanting to mess around and pull a joke or two.

I'm the one who usually feels spirits first, who finds out who they are, what they want and what their intentions are. I open myself up to those that are lost and try to help them find there way. I'm the one they follow or connect with, and tend to be the punching bag for some of them.

---DirtCreature

I do intend to contact my physician if I continue feeling these two things. For now I may lay low and wait to see if I keep feeling them and take steps from there. Hopefully they go away, but if they don't I do intend to seek help from those I can.

Thank you to all of you for your responses.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-20)
"and the other spirits in the house do not react well to him, including a spirit named Lucy (I might post about her later if I get around to it)."

Pickle - in my opinion, if you need help, it would be very helpful if you provide more details about your background and the history of your house.

Who are the 'other spirits'? Have they always been in there or have they followed you from somewhere else? Are any other family members aware of them?

If you believe you're a 'spirit magnet', it would be a good idea to protect and shield yourself before visiting any potentially haunted place. 😨

Thanks for sharing.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Greetings Pickle,

Don't worry about your experience's being 'weird', you are in great company here. 😊 I'm assuming you felt the presence of the man and creature right after visiting an old mine? How soon after? Do you know of any connection between the mine and what you are sensing?

Yes, your mind can play tricks on you. Especially if you enjoy scaring yourself (often), as in watching scary movies, videos, constantly reading about the topic, etc. I don't know if you fall into this category, but if so, it could point to your paranoid state. This isn't always the case, just an idea to mull over.

You mentioned that you are the kind of person who attracts spirits... In what way? Why do you believe this? Has it happened before?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks for sharing. ❤
Dee
DirtCreature (guest)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-19)
Hey Pickle. Love the username.

If you have insurance, I think the first step would be to contact your primary physician and discuss with them what is going on. Discuss with them that you have been experiencing seeing, hearing, and feeling these things. It is possible the places you visited have maybe frightened you and your mind is playing tricks on you. Your doctor will ask you questions, record your symptoms, and observe your physical and psychological state. Your doctor will take it from there. In the mean time, it would not hurt to consider ways to ease your mind. I do not know if you are a religious pickle or what your beliefs are but perhaps there are some rituals you follow to help ease you and create a space of positive energy.

This could range from religious practices, discussions with religious counsel, meditation, or cleansing methods that are religion-neutral (Rook's Cleansing: https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155).

Whether these instances are real or not, building your own mental clarity and strength is never a bad thing, especially as a teenager. Stand your ground and let whatever is bothering know it does not have agency over you. I do not know much about cleansing and shielding but other members have input on the topic.

Thank you for sharing, Pickle.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: