You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Walking Teddy Bear

Real Ghost Stories

Walking Teddy Bear

 

When I was around 5 years old and younger I use to live in A town house in a slum suburb area. I don't have many memories but the memories I have are very strange. I remember this one time my mum put me and my brother to bed, we had our own rooms but they were right next to each other. I was laying on my bed looking around the room trying to get to sleep when I seen something I will never forget.

One of my teddy bears floated in mid air turned around to face my door and was walking as if someone was making it walk. (like when you see little kids playing with toys and walking them around) Being so young I don't really remember my reaction I was just staring in disbelief at this teddy bear walking towards my door. My door opened and I watched the teddy bear walk down the stairs which you could see from my bed. At this point I remember thinking even at 5 years old, "hey teddy bears don't walk this isn't right" Then I felt scared.

I remember seeing it walk back up the stairs walk through my door and just stop and it fell on the floor like it didn't even happen. I think I just stared at the teddy thinking well if I seen it do that again it actually happened. I also had a red rocking horse in my room it had a white mane. I was watching the rocking horse wondering "hey I wonder if the teddy will jump on the rocking horse", it didn't but the rocking horse started to rock back and forth for about a minute... I remember feeling like I wanted to cry so I did just that I screamed and cried until my mum ran up the stairs she asked me what I was crying about and I told her about my teddy walking up and down the stairs and about the rocking horse rocking back and forth. She told me it was just a dream and to go back to sleep. Remembering back now I don't think this was a dream this happened. What are your suggestions?

Other hauntings by Crissangelfan22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crissangelfan22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
wow great story. I think somethin possessed the bear and made it walk. You might want to tell a preacher about this. You need to get rid of it 😲 😭
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
It's probably a polterguiest messing with you. I haven't quite had a polterguiest experience before but I know what they are like. There is alo another theory... A demon... 😲
hugoferrusca (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
When I was 9 my mom use to take care of me and my cuzinz. Well one day I was holding my little cusin and I looked inside my mom's room and I saw floating eyes I don't know if any one's seen this please if you can give me an anwer
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
For a poltergeist phenomena, it's rather tame, and surprisingly docile.

I wonder just where said teddy bear was supposed to be going that was so important?
Crissangelfan22 (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
When I was older and we moved out of that house my mum auctully told me that a family died in the house my mum and uncle found news paper clippings from what hapened... 😢 they also witnessed a lot of strange things in this house. [at] happy...im not sure if it matched its position at all I can't remember... I know I should of mentioned about the family in my story... But I wasn't sure I if should put it in or not...
avikhaunted (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
i guess that it was just a poltergeist making its presence felt... Often these creatures are seen to cause havoc... You are lucky that only incidents were with the bear and the horse or it could have thrown knives towards you or something more sinister
But again, if it were a poltergeist, it would have repeated its actions sooner or later, so I would also agree with the waking dream theory
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Criss, do you remember the initial position of the bear? Did the bear's ending position (on the floor by the door?) match its beginning position or not? Did anything else paranormal happen around that time? Providing your memory reaches back that far, these could be clues as to whether you had a paranormal experience vs a waking dream (a continuation of dream imagery while awake.)

With all due respect for an experience that was obviously very frightening, I am thinking it might have been a waking dream. I have heard that sleep around age 5 can be marked by very intense dreams. Some of the most frightening dreams I had was when I was 5, including a vision of a white whirlwind coming into my room just after I had woken up in the middle of the night, rushing around the room and then exiting. It sounded like tiny trucks and I was frightened at the time of big semis and had a fear of live trucks coming to "get me" (a silly fear put into my over-imaginative head by another child who liked to tease.) At this point I do believe it was a waking dream as nothing paranormal ever happened again in that house.
Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
I can't say I've ever had something like that happen to me. But it sounds like you were living in a house that was haunted by a child's spirit, not uncommon sadly. If things have not occured since you were a child, I'd not worry. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: