You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Ghost From The Camera

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost From The Camera

 

Just earlier today, I was at an antique store, and purchased a gaf SS 250 XL camcorder. It is from 1977, and uses Super 8 film. So when I got home, I did some research on it, and got some information on it. I went downstairs to watch TV. Suddenly, I felt as if I was being watched. All of the sudden, there was a bang on the window behind me, and a little bit of creaking. I was too afraid to look, I just pretended I didn't hear it and continued watching the show, not looking behind me, for about three minutes after that incident, it didn't seem like I was being watched anymore. Creepy. I finished my show, and went upstairs on my computer again. About 3 hours later, I happened to look up from my computer, to see a ball of light in my mirror, I turned to where the reflection was coming from, and there was nothing there except for a blank wall. I looked back in the mirror and it was not there. So now I am here, writing to this site.

What do you think it was, was this a spirit? Was it something else? Me going crazy? Please help. I don't want to get rid of the camera, I really like it. So what do I do, what is it, I have had other experiences with the paranormal before (The Three Shadows), but not like this. Please comment below, I could use some support.

I honestly feel like I'm being watched just writing this. It's starting to make me feel very nervous, and curious. I am fascinated with the prospect of a 2nd life, and the paranormal. I don't go to church but I DO believe in God. So I really don't have a way of getting a hold of a priest, so what do I do, what did I experience? Please help and comment below, I will answer any of your questions, or concerns.

Other hauntings by SumGuy2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SumGuy2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
This very well could be due to the camera, but I feel more time is needed to be sure. If so, I'd take some of the advice given by others on here.

As for being crazy. I truly doubt that. A month ago I was up late on the computer with the lights off when a bright flash (like a camera) came from the wall near my closet. It just happened once and my blinds were closed as were the closet doors. Needless to say, it kept me up longer than expected.
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
I don't think that the orb came from the camera it self, but it has been there all along and now it seems to of have piped up! The feeling you had of someone watching you as you type probably wasn't anything bad (I experience this all the time like right now for example!) but it was probably just out of curiosity, I mean wouldn't you be curious about someone typing possibly about you?
You shouldn't be alarmed about this unless it becomes a real problem.
Best of luck! ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
SumGuy: Have you tried recording anything with it yet?...It would be very interesting to see if anything unusual shows up in the film... Maybe just a walk through your house... The only problem I see is how the heck do you get it loaded into your computer? 😆...I'm technologically challenged, so I have no idea LOL... I do suggest keeping a record of the odd goings on, and investigating them thoroughly...

Thank you, and please keep us posted!
Naru_117 (19 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I have also heard of spirits attchinng tghemselves to non-living items though this is usually a doll... This would be thde first I have heard of spirits haunting/possessing a recording device as they often create E.M. Interference with such devices... Still anything is possible.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
What you had was a one shot.

IF it keeps happening, over and over, THEN it's time to start worrying.

For non-denominational priestly help I suggest:

Unitarians Universalist.

Http://www.uua.org/
pigscantflyx (5 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
First of all you should of put the pictures up so we can see it. And second of all it is a orb
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Hey, great story 😁
If it is indeed a spirit, I'd say it's nothing to worry about, a glowing white orb is usually the indicator that what you are dealing with is a spirit from a person passed on. I highly doubt the spirit wouldn't be able to do any harm to you and more importantly wouldn't want to. In my own opinion, I think it will die down pretty soon. Keep us updated. However if you do feel uncomfortable with it's presence I'd say burn some sage and lay out some salt, if your religious, prey as well as tell it to leave. 😳
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
SumGuy2: May very well have been something attached to the camcorder, especially if these little things started up just after purchasing the device. The light anomalie may have been paranormaly related although was there any chance of this being naturally created at all? Reflections and lights etc? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
shadowforce (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
I agree with Argette; there's not quite enough evidence to rule anything on this one yet. However, I have heard of spirits attaching themselves to objects in the past and not just real property, so there is a definite possibility that this could be the case.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Hello, SumGuy! Strange things are going on, but I think I'd give it some time and see if there is a pattern here before deciding it's a haunting. Definitely scary stuff, but I somehow feel there might be more to come. Do keep in touch here. This is intriguing.

Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: