You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Noises In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Noises In My Room

 

It was a hot summer night in my town (near Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina). I was alone at my home - my dad, sister and mom went to Ostrog (a monastery/holy place) in Montenegro. My family and 99% of population in my town follows Christian Orthodox religion. I (being an atheist) refused to go with my family since I do NOT believe in god, devil, angels, demons, hell, heaven, ghosts, magic or anything that has not been documented, so I just stayed at my house.

Of course, I did invite some of my friends and a few girls just enough to have a small house party. I don't want to talk to you about the party or my family being away from home so I am just going to skip to the interesting part.

After all of my friends were gone, I cleaned (some of) my house and went to bed, turned on the TV and watched some boring show. I felt I was falling asleep so I turned the TV off and closed my eyes. After a good half an hour of turning and twisting in my bed, I heard a noise coming from the direction of my TV, I wasn't suprised nor scared, TVs do make some wierd sounds so I didn't even think about it. After 2 minutes the closet, which location is approximately 3 feet away from my bed, made such a sharp and clean sound that I immediately jumped out of my bed and turned the lights on, expecting someone would jump out of the closet and slit my throat but, nothing happened. I stared at the closet for 3 minutes, trying to encourage myself to open the closet door, which I did and there was nothing in the closet, aside my clothes. I felt like I was going insane, I even sat on my bed holding my arms on my ears and questioning myself "am I going insane" because that closet DID make a really sharp sound, like someone (or something) was scraping really strong and sharp nails inside of it.

After 20 minutes of questioning and encouraging myself I turned my lights off and went back to bed. I managed to fall asleep after only 5 minutes, but that didn't last long. I woke up, covered (or should I say, FLOATING) in sweat, shaking and with such a fear inside of me that I have never experienced before in my whole life. I looked at my closet and I swear there were two green dots (something like cats eyes in dark) in my closet. The closet doors were open and there were no clothes, just two light green dots standing still.

The next thing I remember is me waking up, the sun was up and I felt pretty good. The closet door were closed and I just thought "it must have been a dream". The next few days I had trouble to sleep, there were no sounds but I was so afraid to sleep in my own room, but after a few days it was all over and my life continued normally. To this day, I am still not sure if all that was just a dream, or there really was something in my room.

You have my word I have NOT made this up, everything that I wrote here is truly what happened, or what I really believe it happened, because I am still not sure if this was all just a dream or my imagination.

Sorry about my English, I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina so English is not my native language.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bure, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Very interesting story, Bure. First, I have to say your english is very good so don't worry about that. Also, where are you at near Sarajevo (I live there)?

As for the incident, I'd have to lean toward a very realistic dream, but then again one must wonder. Perhaps something did happen.

If anything else occurs or you find any weird information on your home or area, please fill us in.
Again, very good story!
naomi16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
The 'real' dreams are the worste to me because you can't tell wether they are true or a fragment of imagination. I think it could have been a dream you had. Dont worry about it 😁
Bure (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
Thank you all for your comments. And I agree with most of you, it could be a dream. It never happened again, the two green dots/eyes, I never saw them again. But if it really was a dream, it has been one hell of a realistic dream.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Bure,
I agree with MisterPoo about this. If it only occurred the one time, it was probably just a dream.

Jav 😊
mysterPOO (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Well do not worry Base, I think this thing is 8o percent a dream and 20 percent is a paranomal encounter... (1) cause the two green dots you saw could be the 'ghost' eyes -
Which shows it could be paranormal and 'it' is trying to scare you...

(2) you was sleeping on your bed and everything seemed normal next morning.-
Which shows nothing had happened last night and it felt like a dream.
What I'm tring to tell is if you encounter this thing again than its probably 'something' is disturing you and if it did not repeat again than it is a dream...
SO,be brave and face your day as it comes... Hope it help you... Looking for your feedback soon!
Respectfully,
MysterPOO... 😊
LondonLady (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Hopefully this was just a dream, our minds are capable of so much more than we realise. I would try no to get yourself all worked up and worried and focus on the positives. If anything else out of the ordinary happens then maybe look into it a bit further. Xx Di
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Sounds like you've had a case of hypnopompic State.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic

It's quite common and nerve wracking to those of us who get such.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: