You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Short Story Of My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Short Story Of My Life

 

I'm new to this website and after reading many stories decided it's time to post my own. So here goes...

When I was about four, we moved from our old house from where my parents say I would frequently be "attacked" by my imaginary friend I called "The Man." You can read more about him on my profile.

Anyways, they say I wasn't depressed anymore, and became very happy and energetic once we left our old house. Up until I was about six. Then they say I became very scared of everything, and every room. I had frequent night terrors and was scared to sleep in my room alone, for fear "The Girl in White" would come back.

The girl in White was very mysterious, and liked, no, loved to scare me. She knew she could get more energy that way. One day I had a dream we were sitting in the attic and she was playing with a Jack-in-the-Box. I was, and still am, terrified of those things. I have no idea why, just the creepy face. I told her to stop, but it popped open and she screamed she loved me and would never ever let anything happen to me. I told her I hated her and to leave me alone. The next thing I remember is holding on to my dad and screaming.

When I was eight, things started to get worse. She would hide my parents things, and since I'm an only child, I got blamed for it. She would knock things off shelves and tables and, of course, scare me at night.

One day my dad's presentation for work went missing. Oh, did I get yelled at. He had to call in and pretend to be sick so he could look for it. Of course, I didn't get to go to school as my "punishment" for not giving him his project back. By the time the day was over, he was tucking me in bed, when he stepped on something at the foot of my bed. It made that little "poing" sound when he stepped on his poster.

He picked it up, turned it sideways, and out fell his flash drive. Next morning I got yelled at again.

We moved again when I was nine.

We currently live in the same house and strange things do happen. Things will go missing, shadows will appear. You hear noises in the hallways.

Just the other week I was laying in bed and it felt like someone was getting in bed with me. I said, "Daddy?" just to make sure it wasn't him. No response. I just lied there and it got more "aggressive." I rolled over and said "Stop!" and the feeling went away. Last week I was in my room listening to music on my iPod when the sound goes all crackly. I take out the headphones and plug it back in. Still crackly. This time I take them out and leave them out. Still crackly. I turn it off, and then turn it back on. Still crackly. I thought maybe it was messing up, so I decide to go to my laptop and listen to YouTube. I plug in my headphones. Crackly.

I came up with the logical explanation that maybe our WiFi was messed up, but I told my friend, Josh, about it and he says it's highly unlikely. He's a computer nerd.

Lately Josh and I did an evp and we got what sounded like a little girl singing or laughing.

Right now nothing has happened but I'll let you know if it does.

Other hauntings by PatientListener

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PatientListener, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TakingSuspense (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
Hey everyone thanks for commenting. Means a lot someone read my story, and my other one should be coming out soon. I also have to submit another one tomorrow.
Anyways,Thanks rook, for telling me about the trick,I'll try that and see if it helps.I'll also have to get my friend to try it because something kept happening to me at her house.
Thank,
T.Suspense
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
This story is really interesting. Sounds like you are a brave person.Well,hope your problems will be solved and keep posting! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
shellzy,

Ah, Many Thanks. I enjoy feedback from individuals who have tried my suggested method, it allows me to know if it is working 'as is' or if I need to change anything that people may find 'hard to do' or if there is something they do not understand in the 'instructions'.

Thank you for your feedback. Painted your home? That's an intresting observation... But in a way it is a wonderful description of how much 'brighter' your home must feel. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Hi Rook:)

I posted a story (The Coughing Man and the Scissors) where I was having a few issues with some ghosties in my house. The activity was getting worse and I was starting to feel very uncomfortable being at home.

I tried the home cleansing technique that you suggested to use (I did it over 3 days) and wow after the 3 days the atmoshere of the house was completely different! The house is now much brighter and the atmosphere has a much lighter feel. And best of all, the ghosties seen to have gone. I had a friend pop over a few days after it was completed and she actually asked me if I had re-painted or had done some redecorating of the house because it was that much brighter! And I also feel much more positive in myself.

So thankyou Rook, your advice was very well received! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
TakingSuspense,

I'll save you the Search... But first...

Lynrinth, shellzy,

Thank you both for the 'vote' of confidence... Shellzy could you either publish what's happened and/or e-mail me, I'm curious as to what happened/how it helped you. 😊

Anyway here is the method they are talking about, I use this for my own home and to shield my Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated,

Respectfully,

Rook
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
hey that's interesting thanks for sharing and aslo wish you the best of luck
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Have you tried replacing the headphones for your Ipod with new ones? My Ipod has done the exact same thing and new headphones fixed the problem.

Also as lynrinth suggested perhaps you should try the home cleansing that Rook suggests. I had a problem at my current house and I tried this and honestly it really does work and its very simple to perform.

Best Of Luck with everything
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
If you ever decide you may want to try to do something about all this, there is a housecleansing receipe a commentor name Rook has that could help you. Just type his name in the search section, and you should see it. Several people have commented on this site it really worked for them. There are more ways of approaching your situation if you ever decide to, this could be a good start. Good luck, and know people here care and are thinking of you.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
How do you know she "knew she could get more energy" by scaring you? Did she tell you that? Honestly this sounds like a description of a split personality. But the extent of my knowledge of such things is a bit of reading on the subject, so all I am saying is I see striking similarities to a few published cases.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Wifi can and does often mess up. And I say THAT as an Electronics Technician who works with computers, wifi's, fiber optics, and a whole bunch of other nerdy type equipments.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Hi TakingSuspense, welcome to the site.
You realy have a thing going there to be concerned about. Can't you get profesional help to get rid of this nasty little girl? Unless your parents see her for themselves, they will never believe you, you know that. Try to get help, you can't do this alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: