You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Room On The Other Side Of Reality

Real Ghost Stories

The Room On The Other Side Of Reality

 

My name's Ben. I'm 22 years old and I live in Albert Lea, MN with my parents and two ghosts. I've already submitted a story under the name hauntee describing my experiences in this house. That was atleast a year ago and I haven't had anything to add since. Nothing new has happened. Until now.

I think I mentioned in my first story that my dad and I both heard the voice of an old lady greet us in the basement. On separate occasions. Well, I had almost forgotten about that until a few days ago. I was walking up from the basement and had almost reached the top of the stairs when I felt something touch my hand. I turned around and at the bottom of the stairs, a basket that my mom had hung from the ceiling was swaying back and forth. I felt very cold all of a sudden and rushed upstairs. That was strange.

But something much stranger is happening now. My bedroom, the one I wrote about in my first story, appears to be falling away from the house. But only from the inside. From outside everything looks straight. But inside the floor slopes, the doors are all crooked, and the walls are all cracked. And my window recently tried to escape from it's frame. I can't keep the cold air out anymore and nothing will sit square on the floor. My parents are both perplexed and amused. And so am I.

I've never heard of anything like this except in Stephen King novels. His story, "1408", comes to mind. And it's getting worse. Besides this I often have bizarre, gory nightmares. I'm not sure what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BenjaminCreech, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sunlover (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-30)
Hi, my name is Sabrina Gold and I was wondering if I would have permission to use/share parts of your story?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
BenjaminCreech,
Basements are just creepy places. I don't care what anyone says, if there is a basement involved, it's going to be creepy.
However, until your parents get someone in to inspect the stucture, I wouldn't start pointing at the paranormal for the answers. As with all things, the paranormal is the last thing on your list to worry about here.

Jav
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Wow, it sounds like a structural issue. The cause could be anything. Bizarre.
CaliforniaSpooks (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Interesting... Kind of reminds me of House of Leaves. But I agree with those advising you get your house checked for termites or other pests.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
I'd recommend talking and showing it to a certified house inspector and/or mason. Sounds as if the interior isn't as firmly shored as the exterior.
LondonLady (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Interesting, I think you should have the house checked out a builder, I agree that Termites can cause some of the effects you have described. The fact that you are feeling perplexed and a little uneasy means you may get some peace of mind if it is structural. Good Luck hope that your room straitens itself out soon! As for the basement, maybe someone is trying to tell you something, a message? Xx Di
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
That reminds me of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. In that film the tilted, askew buildings showed that the main character was insane. But I doubt the whole family has lost their marbles. Have you documented the tilt? Measured the angle, found where the walls & windows are pulling away? I can't imagine this is the result of anything paranormal. The interior of a home can show damage long before the exterior. Even if the source of the problem were supernatural the fix will be physical. The home will have to be repaired in the same way.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Benjamin: I think your parents should have the foundation checked, as well as an inspection for termites... Termites are nasty little critters that do some big time damage and can go unnoticed until it's too late...
calvert (5 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
get a builder in to look at the place frist. If he see's nothin wrong you better start prayin to god. To me sounds like some one might be tryin to drag you an that room down stairs mate.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: