You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Made That Whispering Sound

Real Ghost Stories

Who Made That Whispering Sound

 

My name is Nikki and I am 25. This is my first horror experience that I am sharing on this site. The incident I am writing about happened when I was 20 and doing my engineering in the outskirts of a town 350km away from my home city. I couldn't afford the institute's own hostel, so I was staying in a 25-30 capacity private hostel. Let me tell you there were dozens of such private hostels across the highway passing in front of our institute. Ours was a Girls' university and hence that isolated area had gradually turned into a small village of girls. Nearly 1500 girls lived there. That place was considered haunted as many girls met with accidents and lost their lives crossing the highway while going to college in foggy winter mornings.

I had a two seater room with an attached bathroom on the second floor of the hostel. The second floor had 6 rooms; 3 on either side and a foyer between the rooms. There was a balcony surrounding all the rooms which ended outside my room's window. The bathroom inside my room had a small ventilator which too opened in the balcony. My roommate was a senior girl and hardly lived there for she was doing her internship in Delhi. Usually on weekday afternoons, most of the girls were attending their classes and hostels were empty.

It was a hot summer noon when I was sitting on the floor and packing my stuff to go to my hometown for upcoming holidays. The bathroom door was open at that time and I could see the ventilator. Suddenly somebody whispered in my left ear "what are you doing here"; and as soon as I lifted my face, I saw a pale blurred face in the ventilator. Thinking it a prank from one of my friends, I rushed to the balcony in seconds to catch her red-handed but found nobody there. I checked the rooms but all were locked. Even the first floor was empty. So I went to the ground floor and stayed there with the landlady until any of my friends came back in the evening. I didn't tell anybody about that voice fearing that they will call me psycho. But I avoided using that bathroom again, slept in my friend's room and tried to go to my room as less as possible.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScaredNicky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ScaredNicky (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Most horrifying incident of my life... Won't forget it until the end of my life
ScaredNicky (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
Thanx...By the way it's not a story... It's an incident...

And yes... Status changed:)
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Wow nice story and I believe you was 20 means 5 years back so may be you have changed your status now. Anyway cool stuff chill 😁
ScaredNicky (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
No there was no other way to escape... Thank God I didn't think it being a ghost at that very moment... Otherwise I could freeze in my room...
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
ooh that is a bit freaky! It could have been a prank still. Is there another door in your room because they could have escaped through the other door. You need to tell someone. I am a very brave girl. I am not afraid of much. But your experience sent shivers down my spine. You don't need to hide your low bravery levels.
ScaredNicky (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Thanks Anneke8... Your advice is really valuable...
I was wrong and wanted to hide my that part of personality...
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Hi ScaredNicky
There is no reason you have to pretend to be brave!
I am not scared very easily, but in a case like this, no need to put on a brave face ANYONE of your friends would have been scared also! Tell someone about it. I can see you are realy freaked out about it. A problem shared is a problem halved.
ScaredNicky (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Not at all... At that time I was not sure about that thing being a ghost... It could be a hallucination... But there were ghost sightings in other hostels as well...
The incident happened so quickly that I couldn't think;just ignored the whisper and rushed to the balcony to see who it was... Later I started having goosebumps when I found myself alone... I went to the landlady acting normal (don't know why)... I talked to her about other positive things in order to make myself relaxed... I watched TV and read newspaper...
And regarding friends, I never disclosed it for I had always pretended to be brave... We were a group of three close friends... We used to study together so it was regular to sleep with them... Nobody questioned it... I used the common bathroom saying my bathroom was too small... But believe me it was very scary in cold dark nights to step out of their room to go to the common bathroom all alone...
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
That was creepy! Have you encountered anything else other than whispering and faces especially at night like someone watching you etc? Best Of Luck
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-26)
Did you ask the landlady about your experience? Surely your Roommates would have wondered why you have some problem with your room... Didn't they ask you about it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: