You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Messengers

Real Ghost Stories

Messengers

 

These experiences I am going to be writing about are a mixture of my own and experiences that my own family members have had. I will be submitting them gradually.

My paternal Gran, when she was alive was a very spiritual person, as my Dad always says, she was a real angel. She would go out of her way to help people; she was never better than anyone and treated everyone the same way. Because of this, people would often come to her for comfort. She had a gift of seeing recently deceased people; they would give her messages to pass on to their loved ones.

My Gran had been fighting a string of illnesses, the last of which was breast cancer; however she carried on as normal as best she could. My Grandad at that time was in hospital so I think she wanted to stay strong for him. However, my Grandad died in hospital and my Gran's health started to go downhill rapidly and things weren't looking good. My Dad decided to move her into our house so we could look after her and make her as comfortable as possible.

On the night my Gran died my dad had a big concert to perform at, so he went into my Gran's room to say goodnight. Dad said she looked so serene and calm, he said goodnight, my Gran replied goodbye. Dad was a bit baffled and explained that he would back later that night, to which she replied that she had been visited by 'Lesly' (my deceased Grandad) and all her family and not worry as it was her time. My dad was holding onto her hand then she let out a large exhale and passed over. My dad had to go and perform at his concert literally hours after his mum died.

A few weeks after my Gran passed, I was woken up in the middle of the night by a feeling as though someone was stroking my hair. I don't know whether I was in a dream or not, but both my Grandparents were standing in my room surrounded by a beautiful gold/glittery light, an overwhelming feeling of peace fell over me, next thing I know I was woken up by my alarm.

I regret not telling my Dad this because I thought it might upset him, so I kept it quiet until about a year later when I was talking to my big sister. She had told me something she had experienced (I will submit this experience at another time) a few weeks earlier, so we did tell Dad. I like to think that I have been visited by my Granparents, up until their deaths I wasn't very sensitive to paranormal experiences but I have experienced quiet a few, do you think my Gran passed on her gift to me? I sense spirits, but I haven't let them 'in' because I don't think I am ready, that and I am a little scared of the unknown. I also feel other peoples pain, I work in a tiny shop on my own and I have sensed pain and vibes of some of the customers that have come in. Would love to hear any feedback.

Other hauntings by tillyanna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tillyanna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
What a lovely experience! To have been visited by both your grandparents, you are so lucky. They both must have loved you very much.
As to feeling pain, etc from other people, I believe you are an 'empath'. Good luck with it, it is a gift!
tillyanna (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Thank you anneke8 for your comment. Its really refreshing to hear that other people have experienced similar things to me. 😁
I think at the moment I am just not ready to open up completly to any spirits, but maybe oneday I might try to. Though I am a little chicken and you read all these horrible things happening...
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
When I was a little girl I was also visited by my grandfather after he died. I also woke up by someone stroking my hair, just like you. No I don't think it was a dream. I also have a 'sixth sense' and can feel an atmosphere when I walk into a place, or see someone, I will know how he/she feels. Not everyone understands it though. I never opened myself to anything paranormal, and normally they will leave me alone. Sometimes I will see or feel something, but I will never dwell deeper. I prefer a 'normal' life, but that's just me...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: