You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Messenger Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

A Messenger Of Death

 

This happened a few weeks ago, in the house of a woman who was the teacher of my younger sister when she was taking swimming lessons. The woman lived with her daughter, her mother, and her grandmother.

There was a bird who would always stop by. They said it would visit often and sing for them in the mornings. It seemed specially fond of the daughter of my sister's teacher (let's call her Amy) and the teacher's grandmother. However, the elderly lady became horribly ill one day. The bird became sick as well and Amy cared for it.

As time passed, Amy's great-grandmother lost her ability to walk, and the bird had trouble flying, its wings became sore and the bird would feel pain when moving them.

Her health was getting worse and worse - and so did the bird's.

Amy's great-grandmother was beginning to gain high pressure. She was eventually taken to a hospital because her medical treatments were not enough. I went with them, being a friend of Amy. By the look of it, there was really nothing much to do. The doctors knew this as well, and they said so as mildly as they could so that it wouldn't sound like they should go ahead and give their last words.

When we were back at Amy's house, the first thing Amy and I did was to check on the bird. To our surprise, it was no longer there! The bird's cage was intact. It wasn't opened and it was covered by a veil, making it impossible for a cat to have gotten ahold of it. We searched for the bird but were unable to find it. We no longer heard its singing.

However, about two days later, Amy and I heard the bird (We were having a sleepover) and rushed outside.

There was no bird, but instead a rather foul smell. Under the bird's cage was none other than the bird itself. It was intact, yet dead. No sign of ants, no possible way that they could've gotten to the cage. Just a few minutes later, Amy's mother received a call from the hospital announcing that the woman who had been ill was now dead. It had been the same time and same day that the bird died. It came to announce the departure of the woman.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yugichan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Sounds like that woman had another side like she made a deal with th bird
Chewy_Love95 (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Wonderful Story, But There Is One Thing I Noticed. You Said " There was a bird who would always stop by. They said it would visit often and sing for them in the mornings." But Then You Said It Was In A Cage? Was It Your Friends Grandma's Bird That Yall Kept Or Was It Wild?

Keep Us Updated (:

Love Chewy ❤
kiwi12345 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
this story is really something I think the bird and the woman were spiritualy connected it is amazing how the spirit world works
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Very interesting story. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I have heard of other similar stories. But thank you for sharing. I hope the best for Amy's family.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hi Roxanne090, this is a very interesting story. I was thinking the same as GI-Jane88 and wonder if the bird and the woman were connected in some spiritual way. It was sad to read how they both deteriorated at the same time in almost the same way. 😢
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I am sorry to hear about the death of this woman and the bird. However, I have to wonder how a bird dies and begins to smell on the same day? Are you familiar with the rate at which an organic body decomposes? The bird had to have been dead a few days for it to start to smell.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Was it a crow? I've read where they are thought of as messengers of death. Maybe it came as one.
GI-Jane88 (16 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I don't really see it as the bird announcing the death of this woman. Maybe the bird was connected to the woman in a way we don't understand. Maybe it was her guardian and as the bird had no one to care for anymore it went and joined this lady in the after.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: