You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Chilly, Silly Ghostie

Real Ghost Stories

Chilly, Silly Ghostie

 

I thought I'd submit one for the "workplace ghostie" thing we have going on. I honestly don't know if it's paranormal or not, but one thing's sure: it ain't normal!

At the time this event took place, I was the bakery/deli manager with a "major" grocery chain here in Las Vegas. Shortly after coming back to work from sick leave, I was transferred to a different store. A couple of my subordinates were able, over the next few weeks, to transfer with me. I had already told all of them some of my earlier experiences, and yeah, they thought I was crazy!

Well, one day we were extremely busy, and I love to be busy, as the day goes by so much faster. So, to attempt to keep everyone from stressing out, I try to be as lighthearted and jovial as possible. I was standing by a rack that had all of our stainless steel bowls and a few other things on it, when all of a sudden, they crashed to the floor. I said, "Wow! Maybe my ghosties followed me to work!" One of the girls just looked at me and said, "Oh, hell no!" We had a good laugh.

Soon after, I got a phone call from the person who was supposed to close the department that night. They were sick, and could not come in. Well, needless to say, everyone else who could have worked that night was already there, so I had to close.

I really suck at closing, even though I'm trained to know how. It's a dirty job, and I'm not alone in hating to do it. But, I think I did a pretty good job. And since I would be the first one in at 4:00 am, I could finish up the small stuff.

Our departments in this chain are set up with the walk-in cooler at one end, and the walk-in freezer at the other. After making sure that the doors were closed, I pushed our utility carts in front of the freezer door, turned off the lights and headed home.

I got to work at 4 the next morning. It was ad day and my list for price changes was on my desk, which was between the end of the work table and the freezer door. I moved the carts out of the way, got my paper work, and went to the cooler to pull out the dough that was to be baked off for the day. I went back to the end of the work table, and as I was prioritizing the changes to be made, I heard a click, like the freezer door. I quickly looked over, and the door swung open. These are huge, heavy doors that are not going to be moved by any thing except by pushing or pulling. I went to the door and peeked in, thinking that maybe one of the guys were trying to spook me but there was no one in there. I opened and closed the door a few times because the sound that the door made when it unlatched didn't sound the same as it does from the outside, so I went into the freezer and closed myself in. I pushed the emergency latch on the inside of the door. That was the sound I heard!

I couldn't help but think that my ghostie friend got stuck in the freezer the night before, and couldn't find its way out! I started laughing and said out loud, "Silly! You're a ghost! Why didn't you just walk THROUGH the door?"

Other hauntings by zzsgranny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zzsgranny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
granny! What a cool post (yes pun intended)
Personally I think your ghostie had over done it following you around all day and needed to chill out for a while (ok,sorry! Will stop the puns)
Bet she was upset with you locking her in over night,
Did you feel anyone giving you cold stares?
(oops slipped out lol)
Loved it granny as ever
Carl
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Miracles, Fergie and clever: Thanks for reading!...I know it's not as exciting as some of the more recent stories, but I figured it would lighten the mood a little 😆...

LOL, Miracles, she was probably cussin' me out but good! 😆 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
zzsgranny - by the way, glad to see your story finally made it 😉

Yep, filled it up with useless letters just to make the character guideline 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
granny - can you imagine the look on your ghostie's face when she realized she was locked in? Better yet, the look on her face when you asked her why she just didn't walk THROUGH the door? I say she because I swear that would be something I would do.

And the crown goes to... 😆
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
Granny, Who called for a cold side of ghostie? Who got the cold shoulder? Sorry about that, I couldn't resist. Thank you for a cool story. He he, I really enjoyed it. Lol 😆
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
This is so funny, I love it!:)
It's so night to read light hearted stories.

Clever 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hi all!...Thanks for reading...

Yeah, when that door swung open I have to admit, I was kind of waiting for one of the night crew guys to pop out, but that didn't happen 😆...The freezer was the last place I'd been the night before, as I was filling the tables to make the next morning a little easier for myself...

I think I should mention how I know for a fact the door was completely closed the night before for a couple of reasons...First: I closed it 😆, second: our cooler and freezer doors are set up with silent alarms that go to corporate, so if any cooler/freezer doors in the store are left open for more than a few minutes, they call the store and alert the manager...

Thanks to all! ❤
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Ha ha granny I love this! An ice popsicle ghost! Very interesting image indeed! 😆
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
The ghost in the account I just submitted seems stymied by locked doors. I don't lock the bedroom door, it opens it sometime while I'm asleep. I lock it, and it can't figure out how to get in the room, which given our history, I'm not about to correct it like you did yours. 😜
mysterPOO (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
LOl! 😆.The ghostie is so innocent. I really had a good time reading it. THNK YOU. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Hahaha ahhh just what we needed here Granny that is awesome,lol! Bet it thought "bugger this I don't care if she witnesses what I do its bloody cold in here" lmao!😆 Love it Granny! 😊 ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I know that look your talking about granny... When we start talking about our ghosites to the non believers 😆...oh boy!...when the ears start burning and your not getting the invites to any Halloween party's granny, your staff at this point may be a little frighten of you 😆...interesting mate, those types of doors don't open themselves and I'm getting the impression your instincts are right about this one mate... Thanks for sharing... ❤
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Talk about cold spots! This opens up a whole new line of speculation about the hidden life of ghosts.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
granny, did you lock the poor ghostie in the freezer? LOL 😆 After going through the trouble to follow you to the knew store and all. Guess you can give him the nickname Chilly Willy now. Great story, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks granny 😊 ❤
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Good one. I just crack up at some my ghosties too. Thanks for this one.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Ha ha, a good one, had a nice laugh for a change. Wonder if he had to warm up first after the escape. But what did it look for in the freezer in the first place...?!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
zzgranny,
HAH! I LOVE IT! A ghostie having a V8 moment! That's priceless! Thanks lady, the laugh was worth the reading. Keep 'em comin', I might have to put one up myself.

Jav 😆 😆 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: