You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Basement

 

As long as I can remember I have seen spirits. I have heard my name called on several occasions and it was quite scary. I have seen shadows, felt spirits touching my feet and tickling me. I finally prayed and asked Archangel Michael for protection, and to keep out the annoying spirits and only allow the good spirits in when I would go to bed at night. It is hard for me to understand what they want; I was told to talk to them. But, I really don't know what to say. Sometimes people think you are crazy if you talk to them about visits from the other side.

One evening I was in my kitchen. I kept hearing someone tapping lightly on my son's drums downstairs in the basement. My youngest son sleeps in the basement and he heard the same thing. I yelled down and said, "Sam, stop playing the drums." No answer, so I go downstairs, and call my other son. I said, "Jacob tell your brother to stop playing the drums."

Jacob goes in the room in the basement where the drums are, he says back to me, "Mom, Sam is not here, nobody is." I asked Jacob, "did you hear someone playing the drums?" Jacob answered "yes."

Off and on I would hear someone playing the drums, tapping lightly on them. At first it was scary until I figured it out. I did not put two and two together until many months later. My grandfather on my dad's side came and visited me all the time. As a child I was very close to him and I was going through a bad time. He lived in the basement when he was married to his second wife. Then I realized it was my grandfather letting me know he was around.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angel614, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Must be your grandfather that's still 'living' in the basement.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Hearing someone doing something - making a noise you can identify - when no one is there strikes me as one of the scariest experiences a person could have. I hope indeed it was a friendly spirit.
TakingSuspense (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Interesting story. I believe that maybe the ghost tickling you or touching your feet may be your grandfather considering you had a strong connection to him. Thanks for sharing.
T.Suspense

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: