You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: That Lady In White Saree

Real Ghost Stories

That Lady In White Saree

 

This is Christina. I'm a regular visitor of this site. And want to share a true personal experience I had with a lady who until date I don't know whether was a ghost or what...

So the story goes like this...

I still remember at that time my age was merely 11. And it was my aunt's (mom's sister) house warming party. We were all invited and so were there enjoying. We enjoyed a lot through out the day. The house was nice with quite tiny rooms. But quite comfortable for her family. After a nice celebration in the evening everyone who was invited as guests went off to their places and the relatives were still at the home. We, being the closest relative of my aunt, were insisted to spend the night at their new home. And my mom couldn't say no. Hence we agreed staying there for the night.

As it was a new home there were no beds or sofas or any kind of furniture placed in the rooms yet to take rest upon. So we spread out some mats and bedsheets and laid upon it right in the hall. Being tired I fell asleep as soon as I laid upon the mat. There were many of our relatives too. And I slept beside my mom.

Suddenly some view woke me up from the fast sweet sleep. And to my astonishment I saw a lady dressed in white saree. Standing in the door of the hallway that led to the kitchen on the right side. Let me describe her. She had worn a glowing white saree, (a Maharashtrian type saree of 9 yards) with heavy silver colored jewellery, her hairs were set free. She was quite healthy lady of middle age. So, she was leaning to the door by her left side and was staring at us continuously. I wonder how I was able to see this vision in that dark room. I was just looking at her for few seconds until I came to my senses and noticed that what I saw was real.

It just scared me so much that I had to pull the blanket over my head and tried too sleep. Later my aunt built a wall in the place of the door and made a door on its other side.

For your information my aunt's life got worse after going to that house. It got so worsened that her husband died just in few years. Their financial position too weakened. Her daughters died at the early age. She is now having lot of family problems. No one knows why all this is happening with her. But I strongly believe that, that lady in white is somewhere connected to this situation of hers. But couldn't find the exact reason for this.

Well... Can anyone tell me who the lady might be...? Or what relation she had with that house? Why my aunt's life got worsened? Thanks a lot for taking your precious time to read my story. Please do comment on this. Will be pleased to read them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TinAA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sid926 (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-06)
Hey TinAA... I read your story... I don't know why but it somewhat sounded like the situation I have right now. 3years back me and my family shifted in this new flat. And since then everything weird has started happening. Till now I haven't seen anything, but whenever I am at home I always have this strong gut feeling that there is someone else besides we 3.
And I hope now your aunt is very well. Wish her goodluck, let the good spirits be with her ❤
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-10-06)
Hi Tinaa, It was a chilling story, The lady was a owner of the house and may be she didn't like anybody staying there I hope now everything is fine now. Have you checked the history of the house. God Bless All
Claust (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
What a terrible thing to happen! I have heard stories about ghosts being responsible for family crisis but this goes beyond anything I've heard. This goes to show that paranormal forces are real and should be regarded seriously.
I pray your aunt is able to regain a happy life again.

Greatest regards,

Claust
lakshit-rattan (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
I also agree with you, a person's life does not change if he changes his/her residence. I think this lady (the one which you saw) must have been killed or doomed in this house, so she does not let anyone reside in it. Totally a terrifying story. Thanks for sharing.

Regards:
Lakshiat
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi Dip1904, thanks for commenting on my story.
Yes I agree I should have told this to my aunt, but at that time I was quite smaller in age and I don't think she or anybody would have taken me seriously.
Coming to that house, no one stays there anymore now... Its deserted and locked for few years.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-12)
I only don't understand that why didn't you bring this up even if so many deadly miseries happening to your aunt constantly... Even a skeptic like me will once in a blue moon relate a hocus pocus reason if it can save my family... And try to soothe it as soon as possible... The lady may be the reason or may be not... We don't know... But I would urge you to bring this up in case it is.

Honestly speaking your aunt has lost a lot which might not make a strong will to fight for a cause, but at least future tenants may be able to fight back or take proper precautions. Otherwse they are all sitting ducks.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
(at) TinAA... Very sorry for your aunt dear. You know I am the witness of all these ghost thing which are making the life worst. You can read my post. Thanks for your reply.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
[at] Sheetal - Hi Sheetal. And thanks a lot for your comment. Well I would like to tell you that my Aunt too expired recently. And now the house is in ruins and no one stays there. Yes I agree as you said that the women might be responsible for this.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Oh god! I have seen many life got worse due to paranormal things. Whatever is happening with your aunt must be have reason of that women. It is said that if any place ghost are living then they stop to increase the generation. Because they don't want to give their place to you. I will pray for your Aunt.

May god bless her ❤
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
No offence meant to anybody, but I keep seeing many people's comments that India has a history of hauntings, India is prone to hauntings, etc. According to me, these are very shallow statements to the point of stereotyping India. India is not just about hauntings, you see. All countries in the world, formed before or after India, have their own stories of hauntings. So I would like to request readers and commentators to refrain from using the term 'India has a history of hauntings'.
Rk_raw (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-25)
First of all you should actually share the incident with someone in your house, if you haven't done that (don't mind) you have done a big blunder...
kiran3691 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
hi christina. I am not sure what you saw is real or illusion. But if it is real, try to find the history of the house. For example, collect incidents if like any suicides or deaths, when was it built, on what was it built... I mean what was there in the place before it was built. By finding that, you could find a solution. For me, it seems like an illusion.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Reading the title, I just had to read the story. I totally agree with Stuss217 about the vastu of the house. Also, you mentioned that your aunt had put up a wall where the lady in white was standing. It might have contributed to that.

Let me ask you a question. Whenever my parents move into a new house, they have a Hindu priest come in to do the pooja to bless the house. I was wondering if you did that? I see that you have a Christian name, so I don't know if you practice the Hindu faith but that doesn't matter, like Rook said, it's never to late to bless the home and in whatever faith you believe in. You have a religious leader come in to it or you, aunt or cousins can do this by themselves. If you plan on doing this yourselves, then get in contact with Rook because he has a cleansing recipe that works (I can personally vouch for).

Try some of the suggestions given by the other posters and mine and see what happens. Keep us informed on what happens. Also, I'm sorry for what is happening to your aunt's family. Like many here, I will keep them in my prayers.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Thanks all of you for helpful comments.
Crazy13lark: Well, That was my first experience being a kid. But later I have experienced some ghostly entities presence at the place where I was living before. Will surely share it with you shortly. 😁

Bluerose19: At the time of apparition I was a kid. And hence didn't bother much about it later, so no one was knowing about what I had seen the very first night at my aunt's place. Recently I have narrated this incident to my mom. She was terrified too on listening this.But,i never told this incident to my aunt. I think I should let her know this now. As we are Christians I will also advice her to carry out some prayers by sprinkling holy water to drive away the unwanted negative energies from the house. Thanks for your advice.:)

Vidya Amani: let me tell you that my aunt is my God mother (in Christians every person has God parents) and may be because of that I was able to see the lady. But being so small in age I couldn't understand the message she had to convey to me.

TiNAA ❤
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
I see I made a spelling error in my previous comment: Univeral should be Universal.

My spelling error made me think about the word "vernal" having to do with the meaning "springlike" like abundance or blessings... It could also mean "youthful or childlike" as in to believe like a child again.

Children are the most pure doorways to Spirit, since it is only a short while that they have been away from Heaven and part of the Spirit world, before they become conditioned to the dense reality of the physical world losing the Sight of Spirit.

This could be a message to start believing once more, to what God really means, and what it has to do with the spirit realm. To believe in the abundance of "heavenlike" thoughts, and what it really means to walk a spiritual path.

I usually say to people: "you know just stop fearing Spirit, since you are in fact just a ghost (a supernatural being) in physical robes, the physical is just an illusion so what do you fear?!" If people fear their own supernatural nature then they won't see the overall spiritual nature of Life.

I believe that anyone can be a doorway (medium) of Spirit, not only children... If only you believe, and some are without even knowing it, like you sharing this Divine message with us.

All I am saying is people shouldn't just be closed-minded to the Spirit world, and put a wall up between them and the Spirit world, if people would desire to keep it open their lives would be filled with Spiritual abundance and blessings.

Often people don't feel God so strongly in their lives any more because they stopped believing in the supernatural. Now seeing is believing and you should feel blessed to have caught a glimpse of the Divine... Have you ever heard that God works in Mysterious ways?!

"The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on. If you can change the way people think. The way they see themselves. The way they see the world. You can change the way people live their lives. That's the only lasting thing you can create."
― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Maybe this has something to do with "keeping a doorway open" to prevent misfortune.

White is also a pure colour, if people are going to continue attaching bad or negative thoughts to this spirit symbol then you would miss the message. What I know of Spirit is that it is Univeral, so to only attach negative interpretations to a Spirit symbol would be wrong. Try viewing this in a more positive light; Angels are often associated with the colour White and white is also a symbol of Light in other cultures.

Maybe this being was just a messenger about keeping spiritual doorways open to prevent misfortune, in the sense that often people forget about God or to trust in spiritual guidance and that is when things go bad in life.

To keep your connection strong with the Spirit world, to trust in your Guardians, to keep your Heart open for Divine intervention in every day of your life... To live a spiritually orientated life.

It could be that this being appeared only to you, for you... She could have come too soon for you being unable to understand what she is saying, or she planned to appear then so that you could share the message now to hear the meaning now wherever you may be in your life right now.

If people are often too negative when it comes to spiritual experiences, they would miss the lesson it came to give.

Believe it or not, many spirits only mean good when it comes to appearing to deliver a message.

Respect Spirit and you'll see the good! Fear (negativity) will only blind you.

~Teachers open the doors, but you must enter by yourself.~
crazy13lark (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Well, I agree with many of the comments below. I do think that she was there to warn you rather than to cause any harm. However, though it may be hard, it's very important to talk to your aunt and if you need help I'd be glad to. Anyway, have you seen any other spirits or is this your first?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
I am really saddened to hear that so many horrible incidents had taken place with your aunty's life!...First of all, I would like you and other members of your family to be her support at this difficult phase of her life (I am sure you are doing that). Secondly, let me ask you one thing- Have you ever talked/told your aunt about the lady ghost that you saw years ago in their house?...If yes, did she perform a Yagya inside that house to send her away?...If not then please ask her to,, cause I am very much sure her misfortune is related to that lady ghost only- You had described her as wearing a white saree... The color 'white' is often associated with sorrow,pain,tragedy,ill-fate and death-- this sends me quite a clear signal about the happenings. Help her perform a good Puja and a Yagya to ward away any negative energies and entities if they are still inside that house. Thank you,, hope this will help.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-04)
I think it is the spirit of a woman who is a widow and maybe your aunts land stands on the land that she once lived on many years ago. The land your aunts house is on may be the very site were her husbands death had taken place. India has a lot of history and she just mite be from this past please try to research it. A lot of strange things happen in old countries like India & Bangladesh were I am I think because of their long past
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
TinAA,
I am wondering about that doorway as well. It does sound like it may have something to do with the problems. I hope your aunt finds some peace from all these problems soon. No one should be expected to endure so much.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav ❤
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Thanks for your valuable info Rook.
Will discuss with my Aunt and get back to you.
Have a great day ahead...
😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
TinAA,

I can try, though I've only had a few hours to research VASTU...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but VASTU is...

The ancient science of design and architecture, originated during the Vedic Civilization, which many scholars assert flourished as early as 6000 years ago in India and other parts of South Asia. It shows us how to create interior spaces so that they honor the rhythms that control the universe and establish harmony with ourselves and nature.

Having stated that...

You mentioned that your Aunt did some remodeling... Including covering over the doorway that you saw the Lady in White in... Could this have changed the 'energy flow' in her home from something that was positive to something that is negative?

I have a Cleansing/Sheilding Method I use for my Home and Family. It's yours for the asking, if your Aunt and her Sons wish to try it. Many people from this site have tried it and it may just help in this situation.

Respectfully,

Rook
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Well rookdygin, I will be glad if you show me a way that may help my Aunt get rid of these problems.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
TinAA,

It's never to late to make changes to your enviroment that may provide relief and aid in ones well being.

I had never heard the term 'VASTU' before but after some quick research it seems there may be some simple things that your Family members could do with-in their home that may help turn their Fortunes around.

So do you want advice that may help your family or is...

"Well...thanks again... Have a nice day.😊"

Going to end it for you?

Respectfully,

Rook
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Thanks Tine hope everything will be back on track soon. It's just like Day and Night so I have a strong believe definatly she and her son will be good soon. Please ask them to believe in GOD and pray him everyday. Specially believe in HIM. You 2 have a great day ahead.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Thanks Venky and Stuss217 for your valuable comments. Yeah even I think so... May be there is some problem in the VASTU of the house...well.its too late because her two sons are also facing lot of problems in their marital relationships., the eldest son is facing some serious health issues too. Feel so bad for them. And her two sons are taking care of her now.
And Nysa as You said the lady might have been appeared just to warn them about the future. And I dint visit my aunt's home frequently so no idea if any one has seen any suspicious thing.
Well...thanks again... Have a nice day. 😊
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Hey really felt bad about your aunty. First of all I think "VASTU" of the house is the real problem. Please ask her to check is it in right manner but its already too late. You know problems will come in a series and can't say where it will stop. Is there anyone who can take care of her?
Stuss217 (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Yeah you are right Nysa. White is worn on mourning in India.
[at] TinAA: Try to know the history related to your aunt's house. Did she bought it from some other person or she built it her own. May be the land on which the house was built have some history. Well in India people believe that when bad happenings start taking place after you are moved to a new house, then a good reason for it may be problem in the "VASTU" of that house, because we have certain rules for placing rooms,doors, windows in house so that it attracts positive energy and don't welcome negative ones. But as you saw an unknown woman too in that house, it's puzzling that whether there is a problem in vastu or there is something else. Anyways take care.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't white usually worn by people in mourning in India? This leads me to believe that what you saw was a vision rather than an apparition. Meaning the woman foretold the coming tragedies rather than causing them. Have you on other occasions seen strange things that, in hindsight, may have been a vision indicating something that later happened? As for why some people are struck by tragedy after tragedy, that is a deeper philosophical question than one can answer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: