You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Past Life Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

Past Life Daughter

 

Quite some time ago, a year or two max, my brother and I had an unexplainable encounter. Voices, a conversation from behind a door where an old safe used to be. We recently moved into this old building, it was barren and all but forgotten at the time. I tell this tale where-ever stories of ghosts and visages are shared. Amongst friends, amongst strangers but more importantly, it has become a bond for my brother and me.

One day, midday on a Wednesday, my brother and I were setting up our PC's in the living room intending on having a LAN with a friend of mine who would come later that afternoon. As we were plugging in cables and setting up we both froze and looked at that door. At first I thought it was my imagination and I did what any spooked older brother might do:

"Did you hear something?" to which he hastily replied, "Yes, I did..."

We both heard a voice, that of a little child. It sounded like one half of a conversation, a frightening one. We couldn't make out exactly what was said but we both agreed that it was based on a child who was afraid of something, or maybe someone? We both kept staring at that door... We knew about the safe because we were present when my dad took it out and we were as intrigued by the answer to the question "What could be in there?" as my dad was. We opened the rusty safe by means of an axe on the brittle casing of the safe. We found nothing inside; just sand, which I presume, was the filling of the safe-walls, Sand between two sheets of iron. I am no safe-maker so I don't know how they made safes back in the day. Since then we had small occurrences here, which involved the sound of windows breaking but at investigation to find no windows broken, tales of my friend feeling uncomfortable and hearing voices too and interesting cases of chills.

The tale continues on to a friend and me; Wiccan spiritualist and someone I could divulge anything to, a friend who didn't think I'm clinically insane. She and I both have had dreams of a little girl, dreams that started after hearing the voices. After exchanging tales we started talking about "my daughter", which I started to call the spirit I've heard and the girl from my dreams. The strangest thing is that he girl in both our dreams' name was Sarah. And my friend, whom I only recently started befriending, said that she could swear we were married in a past life. Many dreams followed, many tales one of the most prominent ones being cases where her stepfather was awakened one evening by a little girl, he isn't someone who believes in spirits and ghosts and he dismissed it as a dream... Dreams, such curious things...

I see that if I am to include everything I've experienced now and all of the thoughts that come through my mind I might end up writing a book instead of just my experience. But this has become a part of my life now and I've grown accustomed to Sarah, the possibilities of events of a past life and such but some days I'm as intrigued by happenings. It's like living in a dream...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Johan86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessax1995 (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
Hello. My name is Vanessa. I have a strong connection to this story, I know it sounds crazy but it's hard to explain but I feel as though I am able to read energy and piece together information and if I could talk to you more about this situation I can tell you possibly what is happening here. I'm usually accurate, if not accurate I'm always very close in situations where people don't disclose full information to me. I usually would see a photo or go to a certain place to feel the energy there and it's weird it's like a movie plays in my head or as is I can see a scene play out. Or hear something very strong. I have a strong connection to this story which us unusual because I'm not there to actually feel the energy which is when it is strongest for me but perhaps if I talk to you more or see a photo of the house or inside the house I'll most likely be able to pick it up. If not and I pick up nothing more or feel nothing more it was worth a shot and I'll tell you that.
Also I do not know why because I know so little about the situation but I believe that this person you speak of was not a person you were married to but perhaps someone you had known or were closer with than most. I do hope to speak with you and hopefully I'll be able to help in some way.

Vanessax1995 [at] yahoo.com
Barbie1637 (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
I believe fully in past lives... I have been around a few times... From a time during the 1800s, the 1940s and the 60s... I believe I died the first time on a bridge, the second time on a airplane and the 3 time from a overdose... If you did live in that home or area in a past life you will have a strong connection to it. Maybe even deja vu... If you feel any of that it is very possible you indeed had a connection with the child in the past... 😊
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Johan, welkom.
Ek het al baie dinge gesien en gehoor maar ek glo nie in vorige lewens nie. Keep perspective and an open mind.
It all depends to whom you are speaking to. If you are confused, and someone tells you that it is your daughter in your past life and that she was your wife... Out of confusion for an answer, you might believe it...? If you perhaps speak to someone else again, they will tell you that they also experienced voices speaking to one another and that they also could not understand what they were saying. That there is something freaky inside that safe room and PERHAPS this girl is trying to invade your dreams, but that there is a big possibility that it is NOT a daughter from a previous life. Try to find out more about the history of the house and area you live in.
Are you sure it was sand in the safe and not ashes? No one on this site will think you are mad! ❤
Johan86 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
I agree Nysa, and I also agree that my way of expressing it could've been better, see, I did try to cram a lot into a short post. I'm new and didn't really know how long things can be and of course; it is supposed to be a story about an experience.

I haven't undergone hypnosis or anything similar because I never believed in past lives. If I were to share every day (this happened over several months, but nowadays I haven't had any experiences again) I'm sure this one post would've stretched to the length of a Shakespear play.

Thanks for reading my post.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
I am not sure I am following you. You have only heard the girls voice once & both you & your brother could determine the tone/mood but not the words? Do you believe you lived in the same house in this past life? I would be wary of taking information from your dreams. It is possible that your mind is creating a backstory to explain the strange events in your house. Also if your dreams do represent memories there is so much opportunity for them to be changed by a mind trying to deal with the memories of two separate lifetimes. Have you considered hypnosis or past life regression to help you understand these dreams & feelings?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-13)
Past lives are pretty fascinating, though I admit, I don't completely understand everything that's going on here. I find the part about the old safe to be very interesting. What a great connection to the past you have there. Too bad you didn't find anything in the safe. However, safes, especially very old ones carry a sense of wonder and curiosity. Something has to be pretty special to be put in a safe. Neat story, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: