You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Black And White Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Black And White Baby

 

About 3 nights ago I went to see the movie The Woman in Black with my dad. It was an okay movie - 3.5 stars. Around 1:11 a.m. When we finished the movie and got home, my dad went to sleep in the basement and I went to sleep in my mom's bed (because I am currently a victim of Lymphoma cancer and my mom needs to give me shots on my leg often late at night) and we all fell asleep.

About half an hour later, my older brother woke up and came to my mom and complained about some body pains he was beginning to have (because he's an athlete and he trains his butt off) and it kept him from sleeping. I remember him waking up about two times because of that. At about 3:30 or 4 a.m., I remember waking up. I was sleeping on my side and I felt like I was being held down and I couldn't move. Like I was paralyzed. I was able to open my eyes and look around but I wasn't able to yell for help. Just a weird groan came out. I finally managed to say "Mom, Mom! I can't move. I feel like something is holding me down." It was very odd cause when I closed my eyes all I saw was a black and white baby and someone standing by him/her dressed in complete black. No clue who it was.

But I've seen him before in a dream I had. I don't remember what age I had that dream but I definitely know I saw him in a countless memory somewhere floating about in my head. I started to get a little scared cause I was beginning to lose sight and I could hardly talk. "Mom I'm scared." I said but it wasn't much help when she said "It's okay. I'm right here."

I woke up the next day and I couldn't remember much. It was all a blur. It was my sister's birthday that day so my cousins came over. I was talking with my aunt, and then suddenly I remembered every single thing that I experienced that night. I told her all about it and then she said she had similar dreams when she was 7. She also knew the sensation of being held down in bed. Sort of paralyzing. She had a dream that she was in her living room just listening to the radio then she heard the Devil's laugh. Of course you'd wonder how would she know how the Devil himself laughed. But when she heard it, she knew. She said it was so piercing. The worst thing she's ever heard. Before all this.

I kept waking up at around 2 a.m. And couldn't fall back asleep until about 7 a.m. But every time I woke up I was sweating. Not that much like I have to change the sheets. One time in my Dad's apartment, I woke up and my sister woke up with me, so we watched a movie on my phone together. I was so scared because I heard a scratching, thumping sort of noise on the opposite side of the wall. I was so relieved that my older brother woke up because I was pretty scared, and I don't get scared that easily. He started to move around in his bed. Then he sat up a bit.

Me: "Hamilton? Are you awake? Ahh, I'm pretty freaked out. I keep hearing these noises on the other side of the wall." No reply. Me: "Are you awake? Hamilton?" Then he said something unusual. Hamilton: "Vivian, Pr_____" I couldn't make out the last word he said but he said it like a couple times in a row to the point where it got a little creepy. Hamilton: "Vivian, remember, pr_____. Please." It made no sense at all. I asked him what in the world was he talking about, but he just lay back down and went to bed. In the morning I asked him what he was talking about that night but he couldn't remember anything. Of course you'd say it was probably a bad dream or he was sleep talking. But I know sleep talking when I hear it. My family sleep talks and sleep walks all the time. But this sounded different.

If anyone can relate to this in any way, please let me know. And if there is a logic explanation, please tell me. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VivianRuiz0, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

naywonlett (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
When I write I don't want to use capital letters when they need so just turn on the caps lock and type... 😆
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
( [at] ) Naywonlett, What are you shouting about? When you post. All in capital letters, that is shouting! What is your point, exactly? 😕 Are you asking a question? Or, making a point? I don't understand! 😢
naywonlett (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
I COMPLAIN THIS! THIS IS BECAUSE THAT THE GHOST WENT INSIDE OF HAMILTON'S BODY AND SPEAK " VIVIAN REMEMBER PR ---------------- PLEASE. " THEN HE LEFT HIS HAMILTON'S BODY AND SLEEP. IN THE MORNING HAMILTON COULDN'T REMEMBER A thing.
TheFatalSoul (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I believe that this was probably sleep paralysis. Were you sleeping on your back?

My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope you have a quick and hopefully painless recovery form your condition.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
I agree with Nysa, it looks like sleep paralysis.

Been a cancer survivor I know the bad times some of those medications can put you through, I remember during one of my surgeries having these dream about Queen Elizabeth wearing a weird hat and growling and chasing me around, my eyes were open and I couldn't move but when I finally woke up realized that the "Queen" was nothing but the shadow of a bouquet of flowers on the wall and the growling my own snores!
😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
First of all, I'm sorry that you are going the cancer. As a volunteer at Sick Kids Hospital, I see many kids go though a lot of treatments for cancer and other diseases. These kids are really strong and I guess you have become stronger because of this problem in your life.

About your paranormal problem, I would tend to agree with Nysa about the SP. I'm no expert but I seen it happen with a lot of the kids at the hospital. They tend to experience a lot of SP because their bodies are weakened with so much medication going though their bodies. I'm thinking that it might be the same with you?

As for the paranormal, I think you might have also become more sensitive to the paranormal because of your illness. That's just my guess.
YellowRose (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I agree with nysa, sounds a lot like sleep paralysis, my mum used to get it alot, she used to wake up with the sensation of being held down. Then she told me an old woman used to come out of the darkness & put her back to sleep. Its all part of it I'm afraid.
I too am sending kind thoughts out to you for your condition, hope you have a nice full recovery 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Just know that my prayers go out to you about your current condition.

Also, I agree with Nysa, on the surface, at the very least, it does sound like paralysis. Look it up and see if it fits overall.
tye35 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Vivian, I think he was trying to say "promise me" something. 😐
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
I am a little confused about the order in which these events took place. A lot of what you describe can be explained without the paranormal. Sleep paralysis like you describe can be explained physiologically & is more common in people taking regular medication. Scratching & thumping in the wall usually indicates a small animal got in the wall. And how your brother sounded may have been influenced by what he was dreaming when sleep talking that night. I am wondering about this figure in black though. Did you see him during your sleep paralysis or when you were coming out of it or when you were trying to go back to sleep? I am probably being dense but I am not quite understanding that part. You say it was an adult male in all black, right? Do you think he could be the legendary character we call "death" or the grim reaper?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: