You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Blindfolded

Real Ghost Stories

Blindfolded

 

This took place at my cousins' house, which is at the far end of town in an estate. Although I have not experienced anything out of the ordinary there (except for the occasional sound of cutlery during the night that I have put down to the dishwasher), my oldest cousin who used to live there said while down in the living room he often saw a shadow going past the glass door from the kitchen and creeping upstairs. That creeped me out!

Anyway, down at the house were my cousins, two boys ages approx. 16-19, one girl (their sis) and my other cousin who lived in the same estate, who are both 14 years old. Their dad was out, so what did we do? Only have a game of Blindsman Bluff! And as usual I lost the 'If your shoe is dirty' ip dip and I was going to be the one blindfolded in the dark (the lights were turned off) and late at night. What fun!

So I was spun around a few times until I was visibly dizzy while they all ran and hid. I heard lots of giggling. They threw towels, balls, and boxes at me to throw me off guard and it did just that. I then heard the charging of feet up the stairs and laughter so I took off up after them although I was still getting hit with balls, which was slowing me down.

I was right behind them, but got the boys' room door slammed in my face. I opened it, heard laughing. I creeped in, closed the door behind me not moving from it. With my arms outstretched, I knew they had no chance of leaving.

I crept forward. Ouch! Banged straight into the foosball table wondering how it got so close to the door when it's usually by the window. I pushed it out of my way, only then did I notice how quiet it got. They would normally giggle at this stage surely. I crept forward another step and yes! There was someone there! I caught the end of their jumper, someone tall but unmoving. But when I began to count (you count to 10 whilst holding onto the person you caught) and they escaped! But how? I had them trapped into a corner. Although I guess they could have climbed onto the bunk bed, but I would have heard the bed shaking though.

I then said out loud that it wasn't fair and that they were caught. I felt around but the foosball table was in front of me again! I didn't even hear it being moved! I lifted it up and out of the way. I felt around me. I was beside the window and the drawers. I suddenly heard the bunk bed shaking although no laughing or talking. I was getting scared. I didn't want to play anymore. I went forward again only to be met with the table once more! I was getting confused and upset. I roared out for them to stop and that this was not part of the game. Again I heard nothing.

I went to push the table but it was blocked. It wouldn't move. I pushed with all my might. Just then one of the handlebars on it was shot into my thigh and I screamed for my younger cousin. I heard her voice from downstairs.

I took off the blindfold, ready to shout at the culprit. No one was in the room. I didn't hear footsteps or the door opening or closing. I heard my cousin running up the stairs. She opened the door and came in. She asked what I was doing up here, that everyone was downstairs calling for me to come down. I said, "To throw me off the track of whoever was up here I suppose?" She was so serious it frightened me. She said the lads were downstairs on their phones and she and our cousin were getting bored so they decided to watch some TV. Only then did she ask me what was wrong.

I wasn't buying any of it. I stormed downstairs, expecting them to laugh at the prank they pulled but they were annoyed at me for not looking for them. As you can imagine, I didn't want to be on anymore after that.

Other hauntings by Casper_the_ghost

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Casper_the_ghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
holy shiet this was very creepy and here I am reading this at 2am. Smart 😆
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
great story... Truly creepy. One of the better stories on here...
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-01)
Hey, just saw this, haven't been on in a while. Well its on an estate so maybe not that old 30 years or so I would think.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
Hi Casper,
I would have taken that blindfold off a lot sooner than you did! 😊
I wonder what this thing looked like... On second thought, perhaps it's better you don't know... 😐
You live in Ireland, I assume it is an old house?
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Nysa, we played indoors as its more enclosed and better chance being caught 😆. What I grabbed hold of was attached to a solid body which was tall and flat and unmoving and right next to me and once I had it caught the material and the body was gone and no noise-no laughing or breathing. Yes the room was dark still.
DragonStorm80, Wow never heard of that game-sounds like fun! No, I had only said at the time to my cousins from shock but I didn't bring it up anymore.
Fergie, thank you and yes it was frustrating and I'm ALWAYS on! 😢 the ip-dip is fixed! 😠 No didn't find out. I thought it was one of the boys as they're quite tall but they would normally laugh their heads off if they were almost caught or playing a prank on me. Instead they were angry at me for not playing the game properly and not going after them downstairs.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Hi Casper, I played many a game of Blindman's Bluff in my day, both in-doors, & out; usually at parties. I certainly never participated in one as frustrating as yours. That must have been really scary! Did you ever find out, what it was that you grabbed onto?
Thank you for an intriguing account, I enjoyed it very much. 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I don't think we play blindman's bluff in australia, I remember a game of hide and seek outside at night where you use a torch to "tag" people and you yell out "spotto!" anyways, has anything else happened in that house? Have you ever spoken to your family members about this or any other events?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
Your family plays blind man's bluff differently than my family. Who plays it indoors? Lol. Of course we never had an invisible stranger join in either. The thing that puzzles me is that you grabbed ahold of someone's clothing. Non-physical beings aren't wearing physical clothing. Is it possible you grabbed ahold of a piece of clothing that was in the room & whatever was messing with you snatched it away? It is tempting to think of this as a prank, but it sounds like you took off the blindfold pretty quickly after the foosball handle hit you. It is difficult to imagine someone sneaking soundlessly from the room that quickly. Was the room dark when you took off your blindfold?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: