You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Message

Real Ghost Stories

The Message

 

My father, we have never really been close. Mainly because him and my mother split up when I was only six years old. We left the house to him, and my mother and I moved in with my aunt. We have been living with her ever since. So, just getting this straight I hardly ever saw my dad. The last time I have seen him was November 16th, 2011.

My dad was a troubled man. He abused drugs, he smoked. He could have been successful, if he had tried to. He would rarely bring up suicide, he lost his job, he truly was an intelligent man, He just seemed lost in life. My father passed away on December 31st, 2011. Of a heart attack.

Even though we weren't close it was still terrible and sad. He currently lived out of state and had his belongings there. His roommate brought his truck full of his stuff to his mothers house, so we could pick the truck up and go through his things for memories. My mom me and my aunt went to his mom's house. We talked for about a half hour, and eventually got ready to leave. I decided to go with my mom in my father's truck, and my aunt drove home in her car.

His truck smelled of smoke and was piled with his things. Lisa, my dad's sister had his laptop. Lisa texted my mom asking if "she knew his password, he was one smart cookie."

My mom was driving and was doing text to speak. Where you speak into your phone and it copies word for word of what you say, she had been using it for about two weeks and each time it was word for word correct. My mom said into the phone "No, I don't know his password. Can't you sign into a different user?" The phone was processing far longer than it should have been. When it was done processing I noticed the weird jaw dropped expresion on my mother's face. Of course I asked "what?" and she showed the phone to me. The phone said "I'm in heaven." Me being miss "unemotional" bawled my face off.

I thought that was a touching moment, after when we got back home she said the same thing into her phone and it said exactly what she had said.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SafetyTorch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Oh God!...Your story provides a strong proof of spirits associating with technology to communicate with living!...I am really surprised such a thing happened!,, But I guess its more of the pleasant feeling and a nice thing to 'know' that your Dad's in heaven!...May he Rest in peace. Take care.
SafetyTorch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
I enjoy reading your guy's positive comments c; HappySpirit; yes, she did. She did what my mother said and logged on to a different user.

I was pondering around thinking, and I remember I had a dream about a year ago. It was about a unidentified man, He was laying on the floor and he appeared to be dead. In the dream, it was like a third person. As if I was a tree, or the ground or something. I remember telling my mom this All she said that it was weird and I should write it down. So, came across that a week ago going through my dream log.:U So, that was pretty interesting.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Wow indeed, if that isn't a message I don't know what what is! Sorry for your loss at least you know where your dad is now.😊 Great account.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Verde (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Wow. This was a really interesting story. What a wonderful way to comfort you and the rest of the family.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Message received, and clear as a bell too. This is an amazing story! I have that feature on my phone too, and sometimes it prints out different words but I can always tell that it misinterpreted what I said. The message it typed out was no where near anything your mom said. I believe you were lucky to receive that bit of information, maybe it helped ease your suffering a little. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Take care ❤
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Wow, now that would be something. Even if it were some weird glitch, what would the odds be if that message were to appear? Of all messages that could appear? That's quite the amazing story.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
What a touching, life affirming story. And comforting to have confirmation that after such a troubled physical existence your dad is in a much better place.

Was Lisa ever able to get into his laptop?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: