You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Phone Message

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Message

 

My father passed away in May 2006 due to complication with Diabetes. He had been fighting an infection in one of his feet for several months, he went to see a lot of doctors in the hopes that they would be able to save his leg. Unfortunately, they were not able to save his leg and it ended up being amputated. After the surgery to remove his leg my dad was never the same. He was constantly depressed, in a bad mood, a complete different person. He passed away 7 months later.

I (and other members of my family) experienced several unexplained incidents around the time of his passing (before, DURING and after). This is just one of those incidents that I myself experienced when I was alone.

Maybe, 5 or 6 months after he passed away I was going through some cupboards in the kitchen looking for I don't remember what when I found a little blue cell phone that use to belong to my mom. She had purchased a new one about a year before and gave that to my 5 year old daughter to play around with.

I thought it was a pretty cute phone to be stored away without being used so I started pushing buttons and was able to get it to turn on. I'm not sure what button I pressed that I suddenly heard my mom's voice coming from the speaker that said "hold on, let me have you speak to him".

Next I heard my dad's voice talking in that happy, carefree voice he use to have saying "I'm feeling so much better now, there's no more pain, I can walk again, don't worry about me, I'm fine". My heart skipped a beat and I had tears running down my face, I hugged the phone to my chest as if I was holding him and just went down on my knees crying.

After a few minutes I got up and went to my bedroom taking the phone with me, I needed to hear his voice again so I sat on the bed and started pushing buttons to get the recording back but the phone was dead. I ran around looking for a charger that would fit that phone, I was dumping the contents of drawers looking for that cable like a crazy woman. Later I was able to get the phone charged and no matter what I did I was never able to get that recording back. I asked my mom if she remembers ever having or hearing that conversation since I heard her on the phone too, she says she doesn't remember and doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Now I'm not saying that my dad recorded that message from the grave, I think he could have been talking to a family member when he was alive and somehow that part got recorded, all I can say for sure is that the message was received exactly when it was needed the most.

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-10-26)
Hi, Jubelee - thanks for your nice comments. I am very sorry to hear you lost your father. The loss of my father was one of the hardest things I've had to go through. Maybe worse was seeing how his health kept deteriorating and seeing him suffer through the ordeal of losing his leg, I think that is what hurt the most. It was very comforting to hear his voice one last time and to know that he is much better now.

Take Care ❤
Jubeele (26 stories) (886 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-10-26)
Haven, your account really resonated with me because my father passed away as a result of complications from diabetes too. Mum felt his presence around the place for quite a while after that.

I had the same thought as DeliverDawn about the wording of the message. He said he had no pain and could walk again. The only way that could be possible for him is from beyond this world's boundaries. But whether or not the phone recording was a pre-recorded message or some electronic glitch, the timing of it was significant. In instances like these, I believe it wasn't a coincidence. Your father's message was specifically intended for you, to comfort you in your time of grief.

This was a lovely experience. Thanks for sharing it. ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
Hi DeliverDawn,

It's never too late for your comments in fact this is perfect timing. I've had my dad in my thoughts lately (more than ever), maybe 'cause it was his birthday a few days ago. Your comments serve to validate what I already feel in my heart.

Thank you! ❤
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-10-16)
I realize this is a late comment, but I'm here nonetheless! I don't think it's impossible to say that he was trying to tell you that "from beyond the grave." Maybe I'm wrong, of course that's possible, but why else would he mention that he could "walk again?"

In my opinion if it was a physical recording, you would be able to find it again. But you can't... And I've heard of other stories similar to yours, where people were "called" from the other side.

Love and light to you!
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-03)
Hi Haven,

A bit late, but here I am! 😁

The timing was just perfect. After all the suffering you needed to know that your father was okay, for your peace of mind he found out a way to let you know!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience. ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-02)
Thank you so much everyone, I'm very touched by all your comments. It helps validate my thoughts and feelings about this experience.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Haven, thank you for sharing. This story gave me the warm & fuzzies. I think the afterlife has a lot of offer us in terms of comfort & peace of mind where it's needed. I too have had experiences like this (though not quite so amazing) and I try to debunk them. However, I believe the universe is on purpose, and even if it was an old recording, its timing to present itself was impeccable. I do think it was your pops saying he is now okay & not to worry. Lovely experience. ❤
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Haven, thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had this beautiful moment.
This is going to my faves. I wish I had something more substantial to say, but I'm kind of lost for words.

Thanks again for sharing.
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-08-01)
Greetings Haven

It is never easy losing someone, espcially a parent. I hope you found great comfort in hearing your father's voice one more time. While I can't say that it was a partial pre-recording or him reaching out to you from the spiritual realm, I am of the opinion that you were meant to hear it once only instead of becoming attached to the phone and the message. Celebrate his life and always remember him in your prayers.

Go well and take good care of yourself
Apo
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-07-31)
Hi there Haven,

I'm very sorry for your loss. ❤ I agree, it sounds like the phone recorded a partial conversation your father was having and you heard it when you needed to. I believe there is no such thing as a coincidence. 😊

It's wonderful that you are open to the signs your father is giving you to let you know he is ok. I look forward to more submissions from you.

❤ Dee
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-07-31)
It never stops amazing me how resourceful our deceased loved ones can be when it comes to deliver a message.

Haven - I'm sorry for your loss.
It seems to me like you have tried to find a 'reasonable' explanation for that recorded message, but the timing and the contents of your father's words had the clear intention of comforting you and, at the same time, letting you know that he's beyond pain and suffering.

Thanks for sharing this lovely experience with us and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: