You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Tiger

Real Ghost Stories

Tiger

 

I have been reading stories on this website for a while now and I thought it would be a good time to submit my own personal paranormal experience.

When I was around 6-years-old (I'm now 13), I lived in a house with my mum, my stepdad (but I shall call him my dad, because he is like my own flesh and blood). As you probably know, all houses have some spirit or the other, some good, some bad. I think the spirit that spoke to me was lovely, always made me laugh. (I have a disability involving my legs so I was always in quite a bit of pain.) I think first I should explain a bit about the spirit who I spoke to when I was a little girl.

A man called Tiger lived in my area, and he was a lovely man. The problem was, he was very tall and very big, so many people were mean to him. Unfortunately, he died of suspicious circumstances, and many people didn't turn a blind eye.

I was quite a lonely little girl, so I loved to sit in my room and either watch videos, or draw. When my mum called me for my dinner, I ignored her because I was way too involved with my Lego house. I heard her call again so I looked up, and all I saw was a big man standing in my doorway. Being the fearless little kid I was, I just said "Did mummy let you in?" He shook his head. Then I said "Are you a ghost?" He nodded. I then said "Are you nice?" He nodded. I then said "Who are you?" He then turned away, sort of thumped down the stairs silently, and sort of disappeared when he got to the door, like sand blowing in the wind. I told mum what happened, but she dismissed it. It isn't that she doesn't believe in ghosts, because my entire family are avid believers. My mum just thought I was making it up the first time, until she saw him for herself.

She was drying my hair in her bedroom, as I'd just got out of the bath. I turned to the door and whispered "Hello!" My mum then said to me, "Who were you talking to?" I turned around and said "The giant".

Over the few years we lived in that house, he always made me laugh. He was also quite a joker. On quite a few occasions my mum's things would go missing, then appear somewhere else a few days later. I know it wasn't me, because I knew my mum would be angry with me if I moved her things. The thing that got moved around the most was her engagement ring, because I hardly ever saw mum wearing it while we lived in that house.

Once, my mum left her ring on the bathroom sink and went to her bedroom to get my hairbrush (I was following her around, asking for some sweets). When she went back, the ring was gone. It wasn't my dad because he was at work, our cat was asleep on the sofa downstairs, and it couldn't have fallen because there were no windows open, and it was on a flat, dry surface. It obviously wasn't me because I was with mum the whole time. We searched the house for weeks and weeks, and when my mum took me home from school one day, we went into the living room and there was the ring, sitting on the coffee table (Note, my dad went to work at about 5 in the morning and didn't come home until about 7 at night).

What do you think about this? Why do you think he was focused mostly on me?

Other hauntings by TheFatalSoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheFatalSoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
he was a- he is a nice guy. The best ghost i've heard of. My ghost are so mean lingering and stolking me. Gives me the creeps
taylor_swift13 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
he's seems to be really sweet. Maybe you both had some connection that would never let him hurt you. Ike he felt for you like his family, not permanent of course! 😳
TheFatalSoul (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I really wish we hadn't moved away from that house, I still miss him now.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I think he was focused on you because he was some how aware of your special situation, with your legs and how alone you were. I think he was the dear man you mentioned called Tiger I think Tigers spirit was visiting you he in sense felt a connection to you being that he to felt different from other people because of his size his situation was also unique. So I feel that you are the one person he could relate to so he came back and kept coming back to the one person maybe in his eyes the only person who ever understood him, To him you are a friend. I liked your story I hope you two will always remain as friends

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: