You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Lady In The Back Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady In The Back Room

 

As you probably already know, me and my family have had quite a few paranormal experiences. (Quite surprising really, considering that I'm only 13!) I have already told you about Tiger, so now it's time to tell you about the old lady in the back room of my auntie's house.

My auntie used to live in a house in London, which was quite undoubtedly haunted. This story takes place in about 2005, in a place called Catford.

Me and my mum were on holiday in London with my Auntie Carole and Uncle David when this happened, but it was only me and my mum who experienced things.

One day, I was playing upstairs with my Playdough when for some reason I decided to rub it into the carpet. I just chose to cover it up and carry on playing because, to be honest, I couldn't care less. A few minutes later my mum came upstairs to tell me to come downstairs and have a shower (the bathroom was downstairs). So I got up, but I accidentally knocked the box that I'd used to cover up the dough on the carpet, and my mum saw it and started telling me off.

After about 10 seconds of her telling me off, we both heard quite clearly, in a croaky old woman's voice "YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!" Please bear in mind that it was a cold day so all windows and doors were shut, me and my mum where the only ones in the house (or at least the only living ones), and the television wasn't on either.

Me and my mum ran downstairs and huddled up together on the sofa, and didn't move until my Auntie Carole came home.

I was always terrified of going in that back room. It could be the middle of summer and that room would be as cold as ice. She used to tap on the cupboard next to my bed as well, which meant I never got enough sleep.

It was strange, because that woman was nice to me, but a few years later my mum told me that she felt an evil presence about her. Why do you think she was only nice to me?

Other hauntings by TheFatalSoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheFatalSoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
how many times? Omg I hate the fact how ghosts can't pass on and go to heaven or hell. They won't leave you alone. 😭
glodypink (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
i am not sure but this is just a guss I think that she might be one of your past family member that really cared abnout you. So that's what I think and it might be wrong so yeah and wow if I were you I would faint on the spot. 😆
TheFatalSoul (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
anneke8 I did see her once, but she was only there for a few minutes. 😕
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Perhaps it wasn't the old lady's presence your mother felt, could have been another spirit's?
Did you see the old lady, or only heard her voice?
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
I think she was nice to you because she was old ans old people love little kids. I think she was mean to your mom because your mom yelled at you. This is my own opinion. Hope you find peace. ❤
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Was the house owned by any late family members before your aunt move in? Perhaps it was the spirit of a family member that was very protective of you. Great story! 😊
Regards,
ParrotPig104
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
I wouldn't trust it. Keep in mind anything that would come in the way of a parent and their child isn't a good thing. A responsible parent would never do anything to put their child in harms way. An elderly grandmother should know this.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Maybe she was being protective of you? How did you know it was an old lady though? Did your aunty say something?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: