You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Hissing Tiger

Real Ghost Stories

The Hissing Tiger

 

I was taking the trash out one day. There's a strip of bushes on the side of the house with rocks. As I stepped on the rocks I looked down and noticed this earring laying there and picked it up. It was mine and I thought it so odd that it was outside like that. I tossed it in the trash and went in the house not thinking about it again.

I was going somewhere special and was looking in my jewelry box for something to wear when I noticed the other earring to the one I tossed in the trash days earlier, what are the odds of that?! That was when I first remembered losing the other one, it was five years ago! I've walked in that same spot at least a thousand times if not more since then. There aren't that many rocks there for it to have been covered up all that time. I had recently moved from a haunted house and thought it was all behind me.

Then I remembered something... I found that earring at my back door years earlier and threw it away, how am I finding it again?! It reminded me of the haunted house we lived in a few years earlier.

When my mother had passed away my sister had 4 pieces of jewelry of hers that were silver and looked like tigers, one had orange strips. She asked if I wanted one so I picked the one with the orange stripes. They are one of a kind pieces brought over from Thailand by my nephew.

One night I went in my room to put something on my dresser when I saw all 4 of those tigers laying there. I was floored! How could that be? I only had ONE and didn't even like the others. I picked them all up staring at them in shock. I laid them back on my dresser. The next morning all of them where gone except the one with the raised back, as if it were hissing.

I'd like to add at this point that I never got along with my mother, we had a tumultuous relationship to say the least. She died in a nursing home the same year of this happening.

Other hauntings by Cherubim

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cherubim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-10-18)
Yes, I have heard of those kinds of happenings as well. I've never been in such an "active" house like that one was! Even though I've moved and still experience things disappearing and reappearing again it's not as intense. Sometimes we can open a door also without realizing it. Once it's open I understand we can't close it. I'll have to share that story another time. 😜 I've had other experiences I haven't shared yet. Thank you for reminding me silverthane61.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
I wonder if you might be the cause of these strange apparations (Apparate - objects mysteriously transporting themselves to other places). Sometimes, a person can cause their own poltergeistic occurrences without realizing it. A lot of us have psychic powers that are sometimes uncontrollable. It's just a theory.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
They are smaller rocks. Yes it would be hard to miss it since it's a very small area. There were unresolved feelings between us. I've done my best to let it all go. I don't want the negative energy. Thank you Maria.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi Cherubim,

We meet again... 😜

Are the rocks outside gravel in your driveway? Or are they decorative larger rocks like people have around flower beds and what not?

Either way, I suppose it would be hard to miss a shining silver earring so many times.

Maybe your mother had strong unresolved feelings about your relationship with her and didn't get the chance to make peace with you. 😢

Thank you for sharing and good luck in the new house, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: