You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Scares

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Scares

 

I would like to start off by saying that I do not use drugs, smoke or drink. I am a young wife & mother with no mental health issues.

My experiences started a quite a number of years ago, before I was married. It started off quite innocently, small things such as whispers or shadows out of the corner of my eye. I began to lose items that would disappear then reappear where I had originally left them. One example of this was my license, I always place it in my handbag in one of the zipper conpartments. One day I opened up my bag to find it missing. I hadn't been anywhere so it must be somewhere in my room I thought.

I tore apart my whole bedroom looking for it. At the time I lived with my mother and asked her about it but she said she hadn't seen it. I searched the house for weeks and weeks, finally giving up and decided to report it as lost and get a new one. A day later I opened up the same bag I had originally put it in and there it was. Exactly where I left it. I literally turned the bag inside out looking for it previously so there is no way I could have missed it, especially since it was staring at me so obviously. Please note I do not have any siblings and was living with my older mother alone, no one had access into our house to pull a prank on me like this.

Not long after that I began to wake up during the night (anywhere from 1am to 4am) to what sounded like dishes/plates being thrown next to me and shattering. Upon inspecting my bedroom and kitchen (since it wasn't far from my room) to see if anything had fallen nothing would be out of place let alone shattered or broken.

After a few weeks the "crashing" sounds stopped and I began to hear voices. I woke up from a deep sleep at around 4am one morning to the sound of my mothers voice. "Come out here", or "come here" is what I heard. Every night I would close and lock my bedroom door before going to sleep, but obviously I could still see the crack under the door that light would shine through if any lights were on outside my bedroom. Anyway, I heard my mothers voice and looked toward the closed door where the voice was coming from. I immediately noticed that there was no lights on outside my room. I don't know how to describe what I was feeling at this point but it was dreadful. It was a bad feeling. Now the voice was my mothers, but something was completely off about it. It seemed to lack the tone or emotion that my mother would speak with. I decided not to answer or go outside my bedroom to investigate. I had the creeps by this point. The next morning I asked my mother why she was at my bedroom door the following night, she said she had not been downstairs all night let alone at my door.

A few weeks later the same kind of scenario happend, woke up from a deep sleep to a voice, this time it was a womans voice in a strange accent calling my name, except the was not pronouncing it properly.

After all this had happened I was feeling very negative and it was beginning to take its toll on me. I started having horrible nightmares about dogs and snakes with red eyes chasing me (cheesy I know). I would also dream of a awful looking woman/demon.

On another occassion I felt the sensation of something touching my leg, followed by a feeling of a mild electric shock.

One night I was snobbing in bed, upset about everything that was happening plus a few other things that were going on. I began to have thoughts of harming myself and heard something whisper "just do it." Now I really felt like something was attacking me mentally, almost as if it wanted to see something bad happen to me. After this experience I went to a psychologist and psychiatrist and told him about the episodes of the voices, I had brain scans performed on me and the results were completely normal. He didn't have an explanation for me and said there was nothing wrong with me.

It took me over a year to have the courage to sleep with the lights off again, these experiences really took a toll on me.

I will post more experiences another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, noirheart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-09-27)
Hi noirheart,
Wow, you've certainly been through the wringer in your past. I hope that's all it is now - safely in the past. Do you find that when you grow spiritually stronger, you are less likely to be 'disturbed' by unwanted attentions? Stay strong and be well. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Kitsune,

Perhaps I was not clear in what I meant by asking Ghost Hunters for aid.

I did not mean to imply that a Ghost Hunting Group would help to cleans, get rid of or break any possible attachments... Nothing of the sort. The evidence they collect may be used to determine what kind of spirit is around and if there is an attachment to either an object or individual, most groups... As you stated... Only want to find/collect proof/evidence. Once you have the evidence they provide... Then an individual may make a better decision on how to move forward.

Respectfully,

Rook
Kitsune (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Oh, reading Rook's post below -- I would be careful about inviting ghost hunters, if what you want is to get rid of whatever is shadowing you. I used to be one myself. What most ghost hunters are after is a paranormal experience, or empirical proof of such. What most of them don't know, is how to actually get rid of what's causing the problem. I'm not saying that's true for all, but IMO you'd be better off finding a psychic to help you, if help is what you are after x
Kitsune (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
Hi noirheart, I think the advice about making improvements in life / having nurturing friendships is good, as is the cleansing. The spirit release would be my own personal approach perhaps, just because I'm not very psychic (to my knowledge) and would feel better getting help from someone who is. I don't know of any one particular website to recommend, it looks like you would need to "shop around" and of course be careful of people who might be making false claims or charging exorbitant amounts. If there is a spiritualist church near you, maybe someone there could give you some advice or help as well. Hope this helps, best wishes x
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-06)
noirheart,

It seems something that enjoys 'negativity' may have attached itself to you so years ago. You've asked...

"Where do I start with cleansing my house or more importantly myself?" I have a Method I use for my Home and Family which I shall post. As far as the second part of your question, spirit release, a full investigation would need to be conducted. This would help determine if a spirit is attached to you, if it is a Human spirit or if it's a Non-Human Entity. A Web search could yield many options for 'Ghost Hunters/Para-normal Seekers' in your area that could help you with this. Most should offer their services for free... Beware of the groups that charge...

Anyway here is the Method I spoke of...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
noirheart (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Whatever activity does happened seems to be spread out with a absence between each episode, and yes you're right the activity seems to intensify when I'm feeling negative or having problems. When the activity first started all those years ago I was hanging around the wrong crowd you could say, as I said I've never been a drinker/smoker/drug user but one of my closest friends (now ex-friend) back then was a heavy methamphetamine user along with a few other things (wont go into too much detail but you get the picture). Looking back now I think it's extremely possible this thing was originally connected to that person, then transfered over to me if that makes sense. Where do I start with cleansing my house or more importantly myself? I will also look into spirit release, do you recommend any particular websites for that?
Kitsune (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
Hi noirheart, thank you for sharing your story. These experiences must be very disturbing for you. It sounds to me like you possibly do have a not-so-nice unseen companion in tow, in which case I would get some help. There are people who do something called spirit release, which will free spirits attached to a person or place and send them to the light or a place which is more suitable for them at that time. I don't have personal knowledge of anyone but if you Google "spirit release" you will find a lot to choose from; they don't have to be local to you since this procedure can be done at a distance. Remember also to keep in touch with whatever spiritual power you believe in and call upon it when your unwanted tagalong is causing trouble. Take care, and please let us know how you get on x
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
You say that after all these years, the activity is beginning again? What were you feeling those five years ago? Are there any similarities to how you're feeling now?

The reason I'm asking is that spirits like the one (s) you've encountered like to play with emotions. If you were feeling depressed or saddened by anything, it may have been picking up on that, and the same thing could be happening now.

And the reason Cresentblue03 suggested an amulet for everyone in your household was because even though this thing may be attached to you, it is fully capable of hurting them as well as you. The amulet is a sort of shield.

I also think cresentblue03 was right in suggesting that you look into cleansing your home, however, I would go one step further and cleanse yourself as well. If it is attached to you, this could help to sever the connection.
noirheart (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Thank you for the replies. This all happened 4 or 5 years ago, not much has happened since besides the feeling of something touching my leg again about a year ago, but I didn't feel the "electric shock" feeling like last time. I have heard muffled voices once or twice. We're living in a different house now. I also still get the same kind of dreams every now and again. The dreams only started when the activity was happening, never before. Could it mean that the spirit (s) are still attached to me? My husband also once told me that he went to the kitchen to get a drink in the middle of the night and felt something approaching toward his turned back (thinking it was me), when he turned around nothing was there. He said he felt a very strong presence. When I asked him if anything like that had ever happened to him before he said no. So I'm wondering if that could also be the spirit (s) connected to me. If someone could give me more advice that would be great. Question to crecentblue03, I understand why you said it would be a good idea if I wore a amulet, but why the other members of my household aswell? Thanks again everyone.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Dopplegangers are believed to show it self and if you see yourself like in clear day... It is believed that you die. But it's just a myth... I don't know about hearing people you know call you over but they didn't call you what so ever... I've had that done to me a couple of times... But I learned to tell the difference of a real voice and a spirit...
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
The one night you heard your Mother's voice sort of reminded me of a Doppelganger.
Doppelgangers are a paranormal double of a living person, typically representing evil or misfortune.

Since it states "It took me over a year to have the courage to sleep with the lights off again, these experiences really took a toll on me."
I'm assuming that at least this isn't happening anymore. Am I right?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
If you are not a praying person I would suggest you start, and try to wear a prayer on your person some people call them an amulet, it should be easy to find one were you live. I would also get something for the other family members to wear in the way of an amulet, and also look into getting a house cleansing this spirit seems to mean business and you are going to have to show it you mean business to. I don't know about your beliefs but I would look into getting a priest or a shaman A.s.a.p. I hope I was able to help Thanks for your story
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
One thing I should say before I start... Please be careful... This spirit sounds like its a aggressive... So keep your guard up at all times... But now that you're married and a mother... Has any other things been happening since then.?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: