You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Early Morning Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Early Morning Scare

 

I Goggled to see if anyone had a the same experience as I just had. Found this site of Hauntings. It was January 17th, early morning like 2 or 3am, and my tv was on but the volume was way down, just a picture with little sound. It's very cold outside so I'm bundled with blankets in bed. It's my day off, I was lying there and all of a sudden I heard a man clearing his throat. It scared me, I thought someone was in my townhome.

I moved in Aug 2018, built in 2008, and the lady before me moved out of state. Anyway, My garage door is next to my living room, so thought someone somehow made it in my home. I got up, still scared to look around and saw nothing. It's just me. All doors and garage door down and locked.

I know what I heard, I heard a man clearing his throat, it was loud, like he wanted me to hear. I work at a prison been there for a few years. Maybe I was followed home, they said the prison is haunted. If I was followed home how do I get him out? I do watch haunted stuff on tv, but nothing was on like that. Still scared.

I lived in one of my late parents houses in Kansas City historic areas and my step grandfather passed in the house in 1979, I was a teenager. I heard the same thing, but his sound was unique and I knew it was him, was he watching over me or scaring me, but why? That incident was in the 90s. Never told anybody, probably think I was crazy. The house was built in 1908, has a history. Just remembered getting out of bed and telling not to scare me like that and it never happened again, but other things did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChristineA64, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChristineA64 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-11)
Thank you everyone for all the comments. Appreciate them very much. ❤

This comment from SnowManBaby is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-21)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You handled the problem quite effectively in earlier years by a simple verbal command. I say you try the same method again if you want "him" to go away. It's my method of choice when activity picks up in my home:-)
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-19)
I agree with silverthane61; sometimes asking them to stop does do the trick! There was a recent experience last month where I was tidying up my bedroom. I'm the kind of person who gets anxious when stuff just sits at the edge of a surface, so I never haphazardly just place things. For about 5 minutes though, anything I've just put down falls, topples, or rolls off. Even a little IKEA container that has to be slotted into my pegboard a certain way fell off. As I was putting the container back I muttered "Stop playing with me." Things were back to normal afterwards.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-13)
Many people have shared with me how they have stopped hauntings by just saying firmly but politely out into open space, "Go away, you are not welcome here, this is my home and I am asking you to leave!" Simple, I know. But I have had many people share that it has actually worked! What do you have to lose? If it gets worse, then I really believe you should have the house cleansed by a spiritual healer.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-12)
Hello,

I too experienced something similar. I was about 13 years old and we were on vacation visiting my grandmother in Mexico. I had been sent to the room I was staying in for arguing with one of my cousins, don't remember about what. I do remember being really upset because I could hear everyone outside laughing and having fun while I was in one of the bedrooms not allowed to come out for being rude and aggressive (LOL). As I sat there in bed, I heard someone right next to me clear his throat, I even felt a little air pass by the side of my face. I freaked out and ran out of the room and told everyone what happened. My grandmother didn't believe me, thought I was making it up so I can come out of the room. She sent me right back in by myself.

That was the first and only time it happened to me. I don't know if it happened to anyone else in that room or house. My grandma used to get really mad when I talked about these things. She went from saying I was making it up to scare my cousins to saying I was evil and the devil was trying to take me with him.

Christine, I hope it was a one time thing for you too. ❤
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-12)
My dude friend and I were watching something on my laptop about 8 years ago late at night. We both heard a cough/throat clearing from the corner of the room. Sounded like an old guy. It had a tone like if my friend were going to put his arm around me and an old guy was like "better not do that, kid. I'm watchin' ya." Lol Got up to see if one of my parents had come downstairs. Nope. We couldn't explain it. It was as clear as if it was a real person. Never happened before or since then. So, I wouldn't worry about this incident if this is all that's happened at your house. Might just be a one time thing like my experience. Keep us posted on any updates. Thanks for sharing! ❤
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-11)
Hello Christine and welcome to YGS,

I also believe that most prisons are haunted. They are miserable places by nature, no matter how progressive administrators might try to be.

I read a story, a while back, on this site where a woman was followed home by a spirit from a local cemetery. She politely told this spirit it was time to go back and told the spirit that she was getting ready and it was to follow her back.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25989

Maybe her account might be helpful to you.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: