You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Between Dreams And Reality

Real Ghost Stories

Between Dreams And Reality

 

Before I begin I want people to know that over the years I have learned to believe that anything is possible. We as a species have it in our nature to ignore what can't be explained and that is a huge misjudgement on our part.

I was 7 months pregnant and prone to being left by myself since my boyfriend worked graveyard at a gas station. We at the time lived in a moderately old house in Hacienda Heights, CA. His brother used to tell me that he had seen ghost children running in the front yard a few times, and didn't like to leave the closet, in our now room, open due to strange noises.

I am one of those people that once something is in my mind, I have to distract myself or will slowly go insane thinking about it. So I tried not to dwell on the story.

That night I found myself falling asleep to a strange feeling, I felt something watching me. Being alone, all I could do was try to shrug it off. I had to force myself not to stare at that closet, everytime I did the door seemed to be open just a little wider. I tried hard to shrug it off and finally fell asleep. This is where it gets wierd.

I thought I was dreaming. I was having a conversation with someone at the bottom of the bed, and they were getting irritated because I refused to get up and talk. I don't remember anything that was said, but what happened next I will never forget.

All of a sudden whatever or whoever was there pulled the blanket very forcefully off of me. I shot up in bed and just stared at my blanket laying on the floor. I was terrified, sitting alone in the dark just staring.

Then the closet doors just started slamming open and shut, fast. It took me all of 30 seconds to run out of the room all the way to our back room. I turned on every single light and checked the time. I still had 3 hours until my boyfriend would be home and his mom was out for the night.

For the first hour everything was fine and I just watched netflix. Then the power started to switch on and off in different rooms. That was it, I grabbed my cell and informed my boyfriend to come home early. And... EVERYTHING STOPPED. As soon as I hung up, it seemed like everything was back to normal.

My boyfriend came home and I told him everything. Surprise, surprise he didn't believe me. I'm not sure I believe me. It felt like a dream, but I was awake. We no longer live there, but I fear for anyone who moves in there. In every hauted house movie I've seen seems to indicate that it only gets worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxLady_Sativaxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Miracles51031- well then if I'm correct then there is nothing else to say isn't there.?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
DannyBaby - if you're still talking to me, then yes, you are correct. I don't mind them at all. Except for a couple of occasions. Two that aren't stories on here and one that could have been a "Hey, I'm here! Pay attention to me." But I was too young, in age and experience, to know that.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-04)
Well I have read some of your stories and thier interesting... Although It does seem that you don't mind the spirits at all... Am I correct.?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
DannyBaby - I didn't know whether or not I was going to disagree with you. That was the whole point of asking you to explain what you meant. Now, would you like to explain what you meant because people, including me, can assume you mean one thing when you might have meant something else entirely. That's how people get off on the wrong foot around here.

As for this comment "Then I hope you do deal with spirits that re there constantly." I don't feel there's any need to "deal with" the majority of the spirits that are constantly with us. If you doubt my word, you can read my stories, if you'd like. If not, that's okay too.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
Well let's take it step by step then... The first part... 'although you do at some point have to deal with the situation'... Well now that you tell me that you've seen them since 13... Then I hope you do deal with spirits that re there constantly... The next part 'mind who ever it is'... Well like I said before just going to have to deal with them being there no matter what... But then if you're going to diagree with me then what's the point of explaining myself where I'm going to get denied...?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
xxLady_Sativaxx,
Sounds like everyone before me has hit the mark on this one. Especially with the pregnancy angle. For some women, activity during pregnancy does pick up. And assuming the spirits are possibly the children your boyfriend's brother saw, it makes perfect sense. You are seen as the mother figure by them and they may be desperate for a mother's attention.
They seemed slow and shy when you first laid down, hiding in the closet, peeking out at you. Tried talking to you, finally ripping off the blanket and slamming the closet door repeatedly as if that should prove to you they are real. You then resorted to watching TV, which seemed like another snub, so they tried to pull you away by messing with the electricity. Sounds like a classic haunting to me. Try not to show fear when you stop by the house next time, it would just hurt their feelings. If you know of any good mediums, you might try and get some help getting them to cross over. I believe children should be crossed over as soon possible. It breaks my heart to think of them as lonely and scared. ❤
Thank you for sharing, and congradulations on the baby.

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
DannyBaby - once again I need some help with your comment. Maybe it's the difference in our ages: you 17, me 46 but whatever it is I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are trying to get across.

I apologize, but can you help me with this one? "Although you do at some point have to deal with the situation. And mind who ever it is."

The reason I'm asking is because my children and I have co-existed with ghosts/spirits/whatever label you want to tag them with, in different homes, for almost 15 years. (I've had experiences since I was 13.)

I don't want to disagree with your comment until I'm sure I know I disagree.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
( [at] ) teneki I agree with you... Although you do at some point have to deal with the situation. And mind who ever it is... And it does seem to be somewhat friendly...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
I've mentioned before, my parents have a haunted cabin up north. While, yes, it at times escalates it also has a, for lack of better phrase, status quo that it always seems to return to. I've seen it freak me right out only to reunite with a dog I was very very close to who is passed. I've felt it simmer only to meet a little friendly girl. What I'm saying is the movies have it wrong for the most part. Houses escalate only in certain circumstances. Other times, it's basically just another roommate you have to learn to put up with.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Miracles51031- what I mean is that, just keep your guard up... There are different entities out there... Some good, some bad... But we won't find out I they're good or not until they've shown us what they are capable of doing what they can do...

Misstee- I agree with you... Actually that's what I do when I move into other house that I haven't seen... So I also advise to check on the history of that house...

Please keep us posted. (:
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
I believe you weren't dreaming it. You should check out the history of that house to see why there may be childrens spirits there, sounds interesting! Have you experienced anything else before you moved?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
xxLady_Sativaxx - just my own opinion here, but it sounds to me like someone wanted your attention. You admit to basically ignoring the closet door opening, even as it kept opening wider and wider. So they resorted to yanking off your blanket, still looking for a reaction. When that failed, time to take more drastic measures and pull out the old "haunted house" theatrics... Slamming the doors and eventually messing with the power. That got your attention, didn't it?

Like I said, just my opinion.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
DannyBaby - what does your comment mean? "Be careful you don't know who you're dealing with until they've beaten you." I hate assuming I understand something, when it can mean a couple of different things. In this case, I'll admit to not really knowing what you mean.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
xxLady_Sativaxx
I had a similar experience to this where I was pregnant and felt awake but may have been sleeping.
If you're interested in reading it here it is: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12797
Children are said to be more aware of the paranormal and it is my belief now that while pregnant and carrying a child that is susceptible to the paranormal it heightens your awareness of paranormal activity around you and may cause you to be more aware.
Have you had anything happen since? I know that I personally haven't seen anything since having my son but know that my son is very sensitive to things I can't see and hear.
Please keep us posted.
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
I also agree with the last poster also... It does seem that the spirit is a child... But then again... Be careful you don't know who you're dealing with until they've beaten you... So keep guard and keep us posted
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
You know I tend to agree with the last poster, but you know, I think the spirit is that of a child by the way it reacted to you not wanting to talk he /she seem to have been having a temper tantrum. Thanks for your story!
DannyBaby (3 stories) (44 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
In some cases it can get worse but others can't... It's all up to the person who is living there and the spirit that is ther at the time... Spirits can come and go as they please... But be aware that they can choose to do stuff that will scare us to death... But really they just want you to feel how they feel...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: