You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Child's Giggle In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Child's Giggle In My Bedroom

 

I woke up at around 12:40-1:00 am because I'm guessing it was pretty warm, thinking back I'm not actually sure why I woke up...

After about 10 minutes or so I heard a little girl giggling in my room, I don't believe in ghosts so I was just confused and turned on the lights and started looking around. I thought it might've been my dad on his phone but he was asleep and the noise didn't come from outside the door, it came from the direction of the window which I had fully open because of the warmth.

I thought it could've been my imagination but then I realized I knew which direction the giggle came from and with sounds inside your head you can't really tell the direction of the sound since you don't hear it with your ears... But I heard this with my ears.

All these thoughts happened in the space of like 15 seconds I was pretty freaked out but I was very calm and wasn't really scared; but then I started crying out of nowhere. And not normal crying but actual sobbing, but I never felt the urge to cry and I'm not an emotional person at all so I barely cry so this was really really unusual. There were tears running down my cheeks and snot running down my nose and the entire time I wasn't at all sad and I wasn't at all scared, I was still confused. I spent the next 4 hours awake texting friends about what happened and how creepy and confusing it was... At this point I was beginning to believe it was my imagination since I was just tired.

I texted one certain friend who's a firm believer in ghosts and does a lot of research about them and she recommended I do some research about this and to not be scared but just research what it is and how I can keep it away.

I'm still skeptical but I start searching "Little girl giggling in bedroom ghost" and came upon this site where I read a bunch of stuff, but nothing really similar to mine especially with the spontaneous crying, but I read about ears ringing after hearing laughing or voices and right as I read that I heard a ringing in my ear for a short second and then it just stopped, so I was under the impression that it was just a placebo effect because I'm freaked out and I was telling my friend about the ringing in my ear, and right as I tell her about the ringing in my ear I started crying again, just out of nowhere, I just started randomly crying.

This all happened this morning and I'm still a bit freaked out but since it's so long ago now I'm wondering is it all imagination and are my eyeballs just tired and they cry because they want sleep.

I'm really confused.

Our house is only 14 years old and we're the only ones who've lived here so there's no real history of anything. Does anybody have any idea what's happening or have similar experiences?

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darkscapez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-26)
Ive had a similar experience, in a hotel. I believe when this happens, you are experiencing the emotions of a certain spirit or entity. Even though, giggling... The emotion may not have came from her. I too, started sobbing out of nowhere, but I first felt anxiety, with my experience.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-25)
Hello Darkscapez,

You haven't replied to the comments here so I hoping you're ok.

I don't know about the ringing in your ears, but the crying is very worrying. I have had dreams where I've cried bitterly during my dream and after waking up. Do you think you were dreaming?

All sorts of people we know or don't know pop into our dreams. If it was some sort of dream, it would be worth googling to see if you can find some possible interpretations matching the scenario you have described in your post.

If on the other hand you're convinced it was some spirit, then YGS is the right place to seek help.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this.

Best wishes,
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-09-02)
I would like to expand on what VeronicaMarie said and suggest you research the property your house resides on. Lots of verified hauntings are attached to the land rather than the house. If your land had a house on it previously or belonged to a much larger parcel of land owned by a bygone farmer then the haunting could be from that old house or tied to that old farmer.

Also, while I do not know what a dacrystic seizure is, it wouldn't hurt to make sure you're physically sound on the off chance it is something that serious.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-24)
Hi, Darkscapez...

Wow, not sure what to make of this, but it must have been so distressing and disorienting. What I try to do first for myself is rule out things. Like the possibility of a little girl outside your window, though at that hour of the night, it doesn't seem likely. Is your house very close to your next door neighbor's, or quite far apart?

With the intense crying, I'm wondering if you're picking up on some sad event from the past. Do you happen to know what was on the property before your house was built? Thanks for sharing this intriguing story. (And blow a kiss to Ireland for me. My dad was from Tipperary and a big chunk of my heart still beats for lovely Ireland).
FarEndofSpectrum (6 stories) (38 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-24)
Hello, darkscapez

Consult a doctor, please. What you just described closely resembles a dacrystic seizure, minus the giggling child, of course. I'd truly suggest going to a doctor as a dacrystic seizure can be a symptom for further health complications.

If it really isn't a health problem (which is verifiable only by a doctor), then I suggest you go to your room and announce that whatever else is residing there may go away. I do not think you should ask it's names or whereabouts. You do know that's not actually a little girl, right?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: