You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Very Bad Girl

Real Ghost Stories

A Very Bad Girl

 

I live in a house in NJ that was built in the 1970s. My family and I have always believed that our house was haunted due to several occurrences that have happened over the course of the last 10 years. From hearing footsteps (when we're all in bed) to feeling taps on our shoulders and backs, to inexplicable moving of objects and much more.

Visitors have also mentioned feeling and seeing things without us saying anything about our experiences and beliefs.

My older sister, my mother and I are convinced that someone was buried in the basement. The basement is without a doubt the eeriest place in the house, even when the lights are on. As I said, it was built in the '70s and at the time the basement would have been dirt. There are a lot of stories I could share that explain this belief, however I am here to share one of our most recent and spooky experiences.

About a month or two ago we had a horrible thunderstorm. People in my area were advised not to leave their houses because there were trees falling in the middle of the streets. However, one of those trees fell on my older sister's house, so she came to spend the night at my house with my 8 year old niece and 3 year old nephew.

We were all sitting on the couch, watching TV and talking when my nephew ran into the kitchen. My mother and I went to see what he was doing. He was crouched down by the sink and kitchen counter screaming and crying. We asked him what was wrong and he told us that "This is the only place where she can't see me." And when we asked who, he began to scream and cry even more, saying that she was "very scary."

He was borderline hysterical, crying and screaming. He wouldn't even let anyone pick him up. He refused to leave that area which my mom and I found odd. We figured he would want to be around his family since he was so scared. He also kept saying he wanted to sleep there so she couldn't see him.

Eventually my mom picked him up, even though he was kicking and screaming. She brought him into the living room around everyone one else. He began to calm down. Then, not even an hour later, he began his terrified screaming and crying again and returned to the area behind the counter. My sister, mom and I went over to talk to him to see if we could get anything out of him. He said he saw "A very bad girl knocking at the door. She was very very bad and she had red eyes and she was wearing a dress and I could see her belly. She had sharp teeth and she was really bad. She's knocking at the door." it took us another hour to get him to calm down again.

Now, this might be one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I assure you he was not making this up. He gave much too good of a description and I can not even describe how terrified he looked/sounded. We had never seen him like that before. He was petrified out of his mind.

Another thing that just adds to the creepiness of this story is my family and I will often hear knocking at the door and there will be no one there. This will happen a couple times a week. My mom and I were talking about the incident recently and discussing how strange we thought it was that he described her with sharp teeth and she was knocking at the door.

For those of you who may or may not know, according to Vampire folklore (or whatever you may call it) you have to invite a vampire into your home or they can't enter. Not to say that we think it is a vampire, but it is an interesting facet we noticed. But you never know, perhaps it was! This is a crazy world we live in.

My mom and I have actually always believed in, not Vampires necessarily, but the use of Vampires as a metaphor for people or things who "suck" the life out of you so to speak.

Anyhow, this was a very frightening experience. Even for my mother, sister and I, and we didn't even SEE it! I honestly get the chills just thinking about it. Especially at night when I'm alone.

I'm curious, has anyone else had an experience like this? Has anyone seen themselves, or know someone who has; a ghost resembling my nephew's description?

Thank you in advance for responses, and for taking your time to read my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cutiestangelrockxbab, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-28)
i don't know what that was but it sounds terrible that poor boy, good luck with everything xx
LovePower (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-04)
This sounds like a typical shape sifting encounter. These entities create a physical appearance based off the perspective of the mind of the person looking. They are real and are responsible for such ledgens as Vampires, Demons, Fairies, and some ETs. They do have material bodies at times, and have capabilities in matters of time, space, and technology that I won't get in to.
Just know that they are bad. They want to ruin lives and secure souls for themselves. Yes they have the power to do that. Their complete agenda is not meant to be clear, but in the Hindu religion, they are the mechanism responsible for creating conflict in the cosmos, and allowing people to learn truth, attain love over evil, and gain spiritual enlightenment. Usually they want to torture and torment people in a way that makes them look crazy. They are really good at that. They like to destroy relationships, and trick people into following fruitless paths. They sometimes work in large groups for some larger agenda (social or political).
The Celts use to hide from such dark storms to escape the hunt of the gods. So, believe it or not your encounter is typical.
I have to say the only thing that works against an evil entity is the power of love. They can't stand it! Not self-love though, they'll use that stuff against you. It has to be universal (Agape love), like Christ and Buddha. You should commune with the Great Spirit and ask for divine love and protection. Meditate on this often if you can. Try channeling a loving energy, and use it on everyone and everything around you. You must picture it in your mind and practice it often.
If you start creating a loving environment, chances are they'll get sick of it and leave you alone. There would be no one they can make miserable so they'll find an easier target. If you react to them or anyone with anger or fear it will only make it worse. In fact, you may attract more of it!
So when anything comes around, hit it with a wave of love. Tell it you are a loving being and respect the space of all of God's creatures. Tell it you forgive it. Tell it you will pray for their soul, and ask them to find God's love. That should do it.
Never back down and keep pushing the love on all people, animals, and spirits...
carlpablo123 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
wow this story is really really creepy

Hope your Nephew is ok I really feel sad reading this story 😢
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Woah! That's a freaky experience! I hope to read more of your experiences:)
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Poor fella! I hope he is okay now! I really liked reading your story and it gave me some SERIOUS goosebumps.
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Maybe this Girl is attached to the house. The meaning is that many spirits get attached to certain objects which they have used/owned. So maybe this girl used to live in the house. This is just my opinion.

I feel sorry for your nephew. I hope he is ok.

MEV x
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Can you please tell us which other site you have posted this on, as I have read this story before?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Kids always seem to get the 3D version most of the time. Thanks for sharing the story.
Minato (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
poor kiddo (nephew), I can't imagine how terrified he is: (... I too have a nephew.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
Wow, thanks for a great story. Not sure what to make of it but I believe you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: