You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Bad

Real Ghost Stories

Something Bad

 

The events I am about to write about took place at work and during Spring time of 2016. I am not sure that they have any connection, and even though it's been 2 years I am still trying to swallow it. This is the main reason I only came to share them now, and honestly if any of you can come up with a logical explanation I'd very much appreciate it.

I've worked in this company for 11 years now, we deal in textile machinery and spare parts and I love my job. I have 2 female colleagues, 4 male colleagues, and I am proud to say that we are a very tight knit group. 2 of my male colleagues usually worked outside our facilities as they often had to clean and prepare machines we had for sale.

A little background on our building: downstairs, right by the entrance, that's where my female's colleagues office and stairs to the 2nd floor are located. Then facing the stairs there's the warehouse where we store spare parts and machinery we have ready for sale, and if you turn to the right there is a corridor that leads to the ladies and men's rest room. Going up the stairs you'll find my office at the right and next my boss office.

I have never, even as child, had any problem with the dark. That means that if there was just a little bit of natural light and I had minimal visibility I didn't feel the need (and still don't) to turn any light on, but somewhere between March/April and June whenever I had to go to the ladies room- please note that it only happened at work-I'd get a feeling that I should turn the light on in the corridor. It didn't happen all the time, sometimes I'd feel safe and sometimes I felt I had to turn that light on. It started to happen all of the sudden, and actually I felt a bit stupid and didn't comment with any of my friends afraid they would think I was crazy. And truth to be told, it was an irrational fear, I was being irrational, it didn't make sense.

This happened for about 2/3 months on and off, until one day I was in my office and had to print some documents, the printer is located at my boss's office (and he's randomly there). My chair is that type of office chairs that have small wheels, and I always have the habit of turning around and get up and leave it facing my door instead of my desk and computer. This was no exception when I had to get the printed documents to bring them upstairs to the archives (my colleagues' office). In order to go downstairs, I had to pass my office after picking the documents, and while walking by my door through the corner of my eye I could see my chair was facing my desk and computer and there was a dark shadow sitting on it. It only lasted some seconds but I could tell it had a distinct head and shoulders, it was large, and it covered the top of the chair. I thought that someone had come up the stairs and sat on my chair, so I took some steps back and there was no one there. I was dumbfounded as the chair was facing the door (like I had left it) and there was no one there! I realised then that if someone was coming up the stairs it would make a lot of noise because they are metal stairs... Still, I shrugged it off as being just my imagination, even though something seemed really off.

About 2 days later, we got the news that one of my colleagues (that worked outside our facilities) had an accident at work. A mettalic structure that was supporting some machines had collapsed and hit him. We were desperate, we couldn't believe the worst that could ever did happen... He was left fighting for his life at the hospital with a severe head trauma, several broken ribs and damaged lungs. Unfortunatly, our dear friend passed away 1 week later. It was a disaster, we were heartbroken also for his family. He left behind his wife, kids and grandchildren. They were distraught, and no words can express the anguish that was felt...

It took me maybe some weeks to realise that I didn't feel the need to turn the light on anymore. It was strange because as it started it was over. I noticed it because I saw one of my friends heading to the ladies room and even though it was already dark inside she didn't turn the lights on, but I had also notice that in other times she would turn it on. It hit me, and when she came back I asked her why she didn't turn the light on, she looked at me a bit confused and said that she didn't have to turn it on lately. That when we found out that we both had the same irrational fear, sometimes we'd feel the need to turn the light on and sometimes we wouldn't! But lately, and coincidence or not, after our friend's accident we never felt that fear again.

I wonder if something was lurking there, and if that shadow I saw was somehow an omen for what happened a couple of days later. I don't want to believe this theory, because it seems too evil. Our facilities are located in an industrial area, there was no death reported here, nothing that could have brought something like this. I've tried to rationalize but I can't find a logical explanation for that sudden fear, and for that shadow. Maybe you can...

Your input is very welcome.

Other hauntings by BeautInside

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeautInside, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-02)
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for taking such interest on my experience. But giving the fact that so many people were involved, the nature of the outcome, that it took place in working place and me being the type of person who likes to keep private things in private or, in this case, in a closed circle, I wouldn't want to see it spreading in such way.

However, I've seen your vídeo for Michael's "Crosbie Towers" and I think you did a great job. So if you omit the country where this took place and use only the experience starting on the 4th paragraph, you do have my permission.

If you accept my terms please send me the link to the story. 😊

Take care. ❤
JacobNightStalker92 (6 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-30)
Hello,
I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing me to use this on a new youtube channel I'm starting up, solely focused on real life ghost stories? I think it's fabulous and just what I'm looking for in terms of content!
Thank you very much,
Best,
Jacob
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Hi Cuddlebear,

I don't doubt your theory, I agree with it instead. 🙂

Maybe I didn't make it clear (please excuse me if this was the case ☺), but I didn't feel the need to turn the light on in the water closet, the sudden fear happened before reaching the ladies' room. Before crossing the corridor that leads to the ladies room.

Still, I know what you meant and I completely understand. 🙂

Thank you for your input. ❤
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Hi Augusta,

I really do like the insight about the harbinger, much better than an omen. Dee mentioned it and now you too, so I'm leaning towards the harbinger. An omen is evil and when I saw the shadow I didn't feel fear, I was confused and curious. At least it could be there as if trying to warn or prepare us for the terrible accident that was to come, right?

I don't trust much or enough my gut feeling... I tend to dismiss everything I can't explain with logic, unless it is an over the edge situation. 😔

Think it's time to show more confidence on my sixth sense! There are always lessons to be learnt. 🙂

About the harbinger in your building, it can leave anyone restless knowing that they might lose their fured friend! It can't be easy to handle! 😥

Thank you for your comment and insight. ❤
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
BeautInside I don't know what to make of the apparition you saw in your office.

However your unease in the water closet is pretty natural. While performing functions in the water closet we are our most vulnerable. This is why dogs and cats sniff and look around for a place to "go". If you are already unnerved it's not surprising that you would turn on the lights while entering that room. If you doubt my statement think of the many movie scenes in which horror occurs in the water closet. Most notably Psycho...
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
I agree whole heartedly with the harbinger theory. We get them in the building where I live too - from what I have experienced, these foretell of bad news for a pet. I can't explain why they occur or how but I do think sometimes, certain entities pop in to try to give warnings of things to come. But, to be sure, I don't feel that harbingers in general are evil in and of themselves - just messengers, neutral.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-18)
Hi Bettina,

Thank you for your kind words!

I try my best to get my point across and tried to explain the experience the best I could. As English is not my first language, I am aware that sometimes I might get a little lost on words so I just hope they make sense. 😊

Yes, I was relieved when my friend told me about the same uneasy feeling, we shared the same fear without knowing it. To me it was some kind of validation.

Thank you, once again, and take care. ❤
BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
BeautInside-Very well told, like we were there with you! Thank you for sharing. It must have been such a relief to have seen a coworker who felt the same about turning on the lights as you did. My condolences on the loss of your colleuage.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-17)
Hey Dee,

Yes, I do have some sensitivity.
In spite of avoiding talking about it, as I've never had much support, I do pick on emotions, sometimes hear and feel what's not phisycally there. I have a psychic and a sensitive friend and even before they knew me, by this I mean that we only had a few conversations and were more acquainted than friends, they picked on my sensitivity.
This was when I started believing in myself, not thinking I was going insane. Otherwise, how could they know if we weren't talking about supernatural events? We were just having a random conversation.

Nonetheless, I am still a woman of science. 😊 I have to find the cause-effect, I must find the reason why and it should match logic.

In this case, and a few others I can't for as hard as I try.
I thank God that I have found those two friends that somehow proved me that I am sane, and to have found this community. ❤
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Hi Beautinside,

First, I'm very sorry for your loss. After reading your account, I had a few thoughts. The figure you saw in your chair could have been an omen or a harbinger of some sort. However, your sudden need to turn the lights on and feeling of uneasiness makes me think you were picking up on a spirit too. Have you experienced anything like this before (a sensitivity to spirits, energy, etc)? Not just at work, but anywhere?

It's also interesting that the feelings of unease ended after your coworker passed. It's hard to say if they are related, but as the saying goes, "There's no such thing as a coincidence". 😉

Thanks for sharing
Dee
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Hi Apo,

Thanks for stopping by!😊

Yes, you are right. He left a blank spot at work, even though a newbie has been hired. Mr. G will always be missed...

I was still looking for a logic explanation, but the fact that he could had protect us by warding off whatever was there brings me a little comfort.
Mr. G was a wonderful person, he could very well have done something like that!

Thank you for your comment and support. ❤
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Greetings, BeautInside

I felt such intense sadness reading your narrative and subsequent comments about Mr G. May his soul rest in peace and provide eternal light in the lives of his friends and family.

The shadow you saw sitting in your chair might have been Mr G, but as he hadn't yet passed, I'm not too sure what to think.

I do feel he was instrumental in getting rid of whatever presence made you and your colleague feel uneasy and needing to switch on the light. His goodbye and parting gift?

With warm regards
Apo
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-16)
Hi Twilight,

Thank you for your kind words...

You are right, Mr. G's death had a terrible impact in everibody's lives. Still I can only imagine the suffering of his family... They were distraught and lost at his funeral. They were a very close and beautiful family. We were a very close group at work.
It was a terrible tragedy.

You don't sound way off to me! Mr. G's was a caring person, with good values, right priorites (family meant everything for him), a great human being. So your theory is one to consider.
If there was something bad lurking there and if somehow he found out about it, he was the kind of person that would put an end to it just to protect others. He truly was that good!

Thank you for sheding some light, it hadn't cross my mind and it makes sense to me! ❤
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
I'm sorry for the tragic loss of your coworker 😳 I couldn't imagine the impact that made on everyone that worked there, especially thinking how it could have happened to anyone. I could be way off, but what came to my mind when reading this, was if your coworker somehow after passing, was able to bring light back to your workplace, and ward off any negativity that may have been there. Again it was just a thought that came to mind, so I could be way off on it. Thank you for sharing your experience.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Hi Melda and RCR,

Thank you for your comments.

My colleague didn't spend a lot of time in the buiding or office. They would come by early morning to collect any tool needed for the job and head out straight away. There were even days they didn't come by and would head directly to work.

So to answer RCR's question, Mr. G (my colleague and friend) didn't have the habit to sit on my chair. But I know what you meant by asking that question.

If this wasn't for my friend sharing the same fear I would think I was going nuts. 😐

It crossed my mind that somehow that dark entity might had been connect to our friend that died. But I don't know...

Thank you for helping me out, this community is a gift. ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-15)
Beautinside - It really is very difficult to know whether the two incidents are related but as it seems that no unusual events (paranormal) ever seem to take place in your office, I get the feeling that these incidents were related.

Also, your colleague also felt the need to turn on the corridor light. Like you, after your other colleague's passing neither of you had the urge to light up the corridor. So both of you felt the presence of "something".

If the shadow you saw was indeed a warning or an omen of your colleague's tragic accident and death, I wouldn't consider it's appearance as evil. Don't entertain that thought. It might in fact have had some sort of relationship with this colleague in the past.

I am of the opinion that most benign spirits will try to attract the attention of people who are open to them. Most people would not have felt this spirit's presence at all.

I am also interested in reading your response to RCRuskin - how much time did your colleague spend, not only in your office, but in the building generally?

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-14)
Hi, BeautInside. You already answered my first question: whether seeing the person in your chair happened before, or about the same time as, the accident. It might not have been an omen, and I have a very odd idea here. Did your coworker ever sit in your chair that you know of?

My crazy idea, writing this down before I forget what it is: Your friend had the accident and wanted to alert someone at the home office. But as ghosts exist, in my opinion, in a state outside of time, he appeared in your office prior to the accident. I suppose this might make it a premonition, but not really. If that makes any sense at all.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: