You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close

Real Ghost Stories

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close

 

I was awakened at 4:38 am a few days ago by the most frightening sound I have ever heard.

It's been a long time since I heard a phantom sound, like my name being called or something falling over or the old fashioned door ringer on our 1896-era front door tinkling in the night. Oh, I hear the odd creaks and knocks in my house and a few unexplainable noises at work but nothing like this: Up close and in my ear. And full of hate.

Here's what happened: I was dreaming about my current job, not unusual, and at some point the phrase "There's a lot to remember" was said to me. It was at this point that a young female voice snarled in my ear, "A LOOOOOOTTTTTTT."

The tone was taunting. It woke me up. I was shocked to hear it and wondered as I endured it in my ear how long this creature could drag out a three-letter word.

It was as though the person was next to me. Witch, demon - I don't know.

I stayed in bed for about 6-7 minutes before getting up and going downstairs where my husband was watching TV (he gets up very early).

I eventually fell back to sleep on the couch, and had one of those experiences where I just could not wake up. I had the same experience later in the day; I was super-exhausted all day long.

I'm wondering if it is related to the stress I am experiencing at my job. I run a small business and deal with a lot of customer-service issues. Some of the people I deal with both as clients and vendors are really nasty. Some days it feels like you cannot please anyone. Without going into to much detail, I will say the job is a no-win situation and I plan to leave at the end of summer. People have been telling me how tired and stressed I look; I am leaving to preserve my health and enjoy life again. I'll find something better.

I have learned in my current job just how much evil and hatred people can feel, and how they often direct it toward people who have not caused it, simply because they are angry. I felt it directed towards me early this morning.

What causes these aural hallucinations?

As I said above I was depressed and exhausted all day long, as though something had taken hold of me. It was meant to be a vacation day for me, so that was a downer, too.

I had no sleep paralysis, but now I know what it is like to feel hag ridden.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Argette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-15)
Exhaustion can cause these sort of hallucinations, typically when the mind is sleep deprived.

Since you were tired and stressed, this would seem to fit.
Typically, though, these sorts of hallucinations tend to be short or just noises- often your own name, as if your brain is yelling at itself to wake up.

It is unsettling no matter what may have caused it.

I hope that you are now in a much better situation in your life and much happier.

Be well <3
BeyonDaVeil (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
There's a lot to Remember & then comes "A LOOOOOOTTTTTTT". Well that's probably the Inside of you telling you about the loads of work at customer service. I can understand how stressful it can be.

I myself, am into Customer Service in the Logistics Industry for 8 years. My family often tells me that I talk about Containers and Shipments in my sleep 😊

I agree with Dalton; its the lack of Sleep. And also at times a different turn in sleep makes us sleep on a certain body part that becomes num later. When we wake up it seems as if that part is gone or bitten off by some Demon but later it takes its form.

Lastly, remember God! I feel that as we loose track of the course (forget God). These Xforces - friends of Demon, capture us. I hope my Comment has not hurt anyone, its just in my opinion.
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Hmmmmm...so it seems to be you... If anything else happens make sure to
Keep us posted... And the title of your story is a great one 😆

Ghostly98
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Ghostly, yes, that is the title of a Tom Hanks movie that came out a few months ago. I have not seen it, but I stumbled across something about it while cruising the Internet and it seemed to describe my experience. I wondered if anyone would pick it up.

No, my husband has not has any experiences even remotely similar to mine. He is a very no-nonsense person who professes not to believe in anything there is no logical explanation for.

I am not so sure...
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Wow, that sounds really scary! And isn't your title of your story also the title of a film? 😆 I can't explain the voice, but maybe it was referring to your job, trying to make it more stressful for you? Has your husband experienced anything or are you the target here?

Good Luck! 😊

Ghostly98 ❤
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Thank you, Shellzy. I have to admit my feelings toward people have turned very negative in the past few months. The pettiness, the politics and the meanness are all getting to me. Hopefully, things will be better. I am looking for a different situation, but must stay through the summer to see a project through. Thanks for responding.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Hi Argette

Firstly I can sympathise with you on your current job. I worked in customer service for a long time and dealing with cranky people all day long can be so mentally and emotionally draining! I think negative spirits can feed off our emotions, especially if we are stressed or feeling down. Hopefully when you change jobs you will start feeling better and more positivity will surround you and these unsettling occurenes will stop. ❤
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Lurking, I think you may be correct. Thank you. I am taking action.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Please go back and reread my story. I said nothing about being unkind or cruel to people. It is quite the opposite.

Never mind. But thanks for trying.
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I think this is your sub-conscious trying to send a message... And it is saying you are miserable and could use new direction you are way to stressed
critacal_gamer91 (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
maybe its one of those people you worked with trying to get back at you
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Thank all those who commented. I appreciate your input. I know this is not a very scary story, but I was hoping to get some answers here and you were kind enough to give me your ideas.
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
It could be possible! I'm only a comptuter technician, not a doctor!;'-)
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Hmmm. Thanks, Dalton, I will research that one. So the noise I heard was really coming from me?
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Have you ever read about epileptic seizure? Lack of sleep can cause smalls seizures, and it could be the weird sounds that you heared!
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
I mean a drac. Not a drag. But oh, man, that creature could really drag out a one-syllable word...
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
LOL, no Techno Dawg, I'm one of the nicest people around. Really.

But it did sound like a demon. Or a hag or drag.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Well, I think it was demon... Have you done something really bad or wrong towards someone? It may be trying to make you remember your mistakes so that you feel bad and depressed, that is one thing that demons love to make people do...
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Good advice. I have lots of nightmares, too. Plus insomnia. I've noticed that being stressed is like being a magnet for negative energy.
MissyKoneKo (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Hello Argette, having that kind of stress at work might have a lot to do with the stuff happening to you at home, every human have all kinds of bad and good energy, and you probably get the negative since you don't feel good at your job, I am telling you this cause I am going through the same situation at work, the managers step on us like if we are trash, they don't respect us and treat us like slaves, that affects me, my marriage and my home, cause I bring all my frustration to my house, at one point I was so scared to even sleep cause I would have a lot bad dreams and sleep paralysis, they calmed down a bit, but I can't quit my job until I find something else. Meanwhile you should leave the problems at work and not bring that negative energy there, you should feel safe at home. Good luck.

- Anahi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: