You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Of My Grandmother's Past

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Grandmother's Past

 

This is my first time doing any of my ghost stories on here. It's pretty amazing to be able to share this with you all. Maybe you all can help me out in my time of need.

About 4 years ago my Grandmother, who had taken care of me for 15 years of my life, had passed away. This was a very drastic change in my life, she was the only woman that I looked up to. Anyways, a couple of months before she passed away, she showed me a picture of her as a pre-teen. She was so beautiful. She was standing in the yard she grew up in. Long beautiful blonde hair and it was curly, with a little bump on top. She was smiling very preciously, like whoever was taking the picture was really close to her. That's beside the point. She was wearing a dress. Now days you would think the dress she's wearing is a night gown based material. It was white with ruffle like sleeves.

Anywho a couple of months after my grandmother passed away my mother gained custody of us as her sisters... This was a big change, but we were glad we had our biological mother back.

My mother was unable to stay financially fit in the house we were living in, so her best friend agreed to let my mother, my 2 sisters and I move over to her place. Her daughter is best friends with my little sister. So us girls were excited to move on over. Well a few months before we moved over there my little sister and I were asked to stay the night with Marina, so we did. (Marina, that was my mom's friend's daughter) Marina began telling us that the man who had lived in her house before they had moved in, died there. My sister and I looked at each other crazy. She really freaked us out. Well, day turned into night and we were just sitting in her bedroom talking and what not. She began to talk about the man who had lived there again... So I asked her questions like, how do you know? THATS WHEN THINGS STARTED TO REALLY, REALLY FREAK ME OUT.

She began telling us that the man who had lived there carved his name in the light post outside. (He really did, I saw it for myself)

Then she proceeded to tell us that her brothers can actually see him walking around in the house and even try to throw things at the man.

Exactly as she was telling us these things, her little brother (Shawn) was in the kitchen and he began to say the following words "STOP MESSING WITH ME" So my little sister, Marina and I ran in there to find out what was going on. As we reach the kitchen, her little brother had a plastic toddler chair in his hands throwing it toward the kitchen table. Then her mother walked out. I said to her, " This is just a joke, you guys are playing with us."

She began to tell me that what Shawn was yelling at was real and that there are other Ghosts that linger around the house but only the kids could see them. She began telling me that when her husband was doing a tattoo one night, that she had went to lay down in her room. Had all the lights off, door closed, covered up in the blankets and all. She heard the door open and shut. So she says "Good your finished, now we can all go to sleep", thinking it was her husband. Then she felt someone sit on the bed and heard what sounded like someone kicking off their boots. She thought 'well, he don't wear boots that's odd.' So she sits up in bed and turns on the lights. She had seen a print in the bed that looked like someone was sitting there. NO ONE WAS THERE. She immediatly yelled for her husband and asked him had he came into the room. He said no. She knew then that she had paranormal activity going on in her house.

Audrey (the mother) called a psychic a week or so later, the psychic informed her that her home is filled with lots of spirits, and that this probably wouldn't be the last time she experienced something like this. She tought Audrey how to 'sage' the house.

Anyways a few months after this occured, we moved in. It was the night of the first of January, and we had who we called our brother, Anthony, over. Anthony loves to help out so he and I were cleaning the kitchen after a big dinner. As I was washing the dishes, I caught someone in the corner of my eye so I looked up to find a girl in her early teens in a white dress who looked like my grandmother in the picture she showed me a couple months before she passed away, who was standing in between two trees, and she was smiling like she was very happy. The feeling I got when I saw her just didn't feel right. I immediatly looked down and put my hands over my eyes because I could not believe what I had just seen.

I slowly looked up to see if the girl was still there, and she wasn't. Anthony was looking at me crazy. He asked me what the H-E-double hockey sticks was I doing. I told him what had just happened and he didn't believe me. I asked him to please go check and see if someone was out there. I told him to look between and behind the trees and the whole front yard. He found nothing.

I guess my whole point in this story, is to ask... Is my grandmother the girl who I caught between the trees? The girl looked exactly like my grandmother in her picture. I'm really excited to here what you guys think about this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MalataLove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MalataLove (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Thank you all for your opinions!Ilee, I think the reason I could have been scared, is because I don't like thinking about 'paranormal' stuff. Even though I strongly believe in paranormal activity. I very much believe it was my grand mother.

(stay tuned everyone, ill be posting another one of my experiences soon)
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
I'm going to agree with RainLilly. Your reaction would've been more happy, not uncomfortable.

Short comment, Thanks! Cocoa 😊
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
As everyone on here has stated, "go with your gut" on this one!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
MalataLove,

I'm going to 'step out' here and ask about something you stated... You said this (quoted so there is no misunderstanding)

"I looked up to find a girl in her early teens in a white dress who looked like my grandmother in the picture she showed me a couple months before she passed away, who was standing in between two trees, and she was smiling like she was very happy. The feeling I got when I saw her just didn't feel right."

Please really think about this... This 'feeling' was it because you were seeing someone / something that you 'knew' couldn't be physical or did the 'not right' feeling come 'from' the 'girl' you were looking at? This is an important distinction... And the difference could help determine if this was your Grandmother 'visiting' one last time, or if what you saw was 'someone / something' else.

Respectfully,

Rook
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Malatalove, no one can really tell you if the girl you saw was definitely your grandmother or not. I think you'll have to go with your gut feeling on this one.

You said the feeling that you got when you saw her was that it didn't feel right. And like the other commentators on here, I agree that when you see a deceseased love one, it should be of love and comfort.

Try to remember why you felt the way you did when you saw this girl... Why it didn't feel right to you. Was it because you were frightened or was because you had a gut feeling that it was someone else? Or maybe even an entirely different reason all together. When you do figure it out, please do share 😁
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
I love how when someone passes on they come back in youth when they visit. It's strange how you felt uncomfortable if this was your grandmother. It makes me believe that it was someone else.
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
You say you just didn't feel right about seeing this girl, and that makes me think it was probably not your grandmother. Visits from family members we were close to usually result in feelings of peace, rather than discomfort. The girl you saw was probably someone who bore a resemblance to your grandmother, not your grandmother herself. I think your reaction would have been different had it been her.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
I think it was very likely your grandmother. I think your grandmother had a plan to try to come back and visit you and showed you that picture because she was planning to look like she did in the picture so you would recognize her and it worked!. Thank you so much for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: