You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Night Attacks

Real Ghost Stories

My Night Attacks

 

I've had attacks all my life. As long as I could remember. It sort of became a part of my life I guess. These nightly attacks affected my everyday life. Sometimes I was too scared to go to sleep. I never told anyone. When an attack happened, I awoke suddenly, knowing the attack was going to occur, with something putting pressure on my whole body. It always made my head turn to the left. I would scream out my sister's name and she would never wake, because it was just air coming out. I would try to fight it but couldn't.

A couple years ago, it got physical at my friends. I could see a circle floating and it was bright red and then turned black. And it flew at me, and hit my chest. The attacks take so much energy, I fall asleep right after. When I awoke a few minutes later, I ran to the mirror. And a big red circle appeared where it had hit.

These past years I fight it off. The attacks happens when it wants to. My family says it's stress and to forget about it. They always say that. I believe it may be something more. I feel someone with me all the time. I'm scared of seeing too much. I have so much life ahead of me, and having to think about this, it's really affected my life. I break down after it happens, because it really frightens me.

There was even a 1 or 2 foot spirit that visited me once. It walked slowly towards me as I was napping. I could hear the feet sliding on the carpet. The covers were blocking my view to see what it was. But I kept breaking free from the pressure, and its grip. In my head, I told it that I wasn't scared and that I would fight it. It walked out.

And to this day, I still don't know what to think of that attack. Feels like they get worse as I grow. I need answers. Can anyone help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, juliet777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

triedandtested (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
Hi Juliet, I'm not sure if my view will mean much to you, I used to have attacks after waking up from certain dreams, I would wake up sweating my heart racing and I would see a black demon type spirit standing across the room, at first I would assume it is sleep paralysis but when it happened again after the same dream and same time it became questionable.

I used to feel preassure on my body as though something was there I was always strong though I would push the spirit away with my hands and I could actually feel the head with my hands, and I would see a black light float across the room but a white light would always appear after it to take out the black light...

Please do not listen to henry and seek psychics! They can actually open the door to these spirits and even more spirits who can actually destroy your life... I've been to psychics in the past and I regret it with everything it made everything worse...

One thing that did help was giving my life to Jesus, everytime I pray or call out the name of Jesus I can feel the spirits getting scared and they run away, I can actually feel their terror from just saying his name, and I don't need to waste money of psyhics or mediums because Jesus is free he payed the price to set us free:D

It may not be spiritual though it can be brain damage, anxiety, depression, sleep paralysis, all those things can effect the brain causing one to see things... But if its not scientific and I'm sure youre certain it is not then seek Jesus.

When the spirits try hurt you again call upon the name of the lord Jesus and even mention the blood of Jesus and you will see what it does to the spirits:)

People might decide to have a go at me for mentioning Jesus but I'm not religious at all and I don't intend to be, but the fact that God has protected me and I have seen these spirits tremble before Gods name is proof enough for me that he is real...
believeit666 (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
i know this is going to sound a little weird but I get night attacks too.
One time I woke up and it felt like someone was choking me and I could not talk, breath, or move for a minute. But I have not been getting them for the past few weeks
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
do you know any psycics if you do come and get them to bless your house even if you're not religious it could work one thing I do NOT advise
you not to do is go to a catholic church and ask for an exorcism its to risky it could retaleate and just become even worse
do not loose your cool and hurl abuse at it
try and take a picture of it most of these demon attacks finish when other people have physical evidence because its trying to make you think you're crazy and helpless.
alsia (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-31)
My guess is that the more you gain the fighting spirit it leaves you alone. Like that situation you told the ghost you weren't scared and you e would fight it, t walked out. Although from my experience even though I'm not scared of it it still attacks me. But, I think that the more you gain that fighting spirit the better off you'll be. Maybe the attacks will be less.
Undying (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
I could think you are someone it once knew? Not sure I could be anything really or it just doesn't like you.? Maybe you should try talking to it? 😕
SPCTR (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Very chilling experiences. You are very brave - continue to be a warrior for yourself but don't hesitate to seek additional help!

The comments about fighting back with out-loud prayer are excellent! I would recommend checking out the Brad and Sherry Steiger's site about half way down the s-files section for some good tips/prayers on protection.

http://www.bradandsherry.com/sfiles.htm

Continue to be up front with your family about what is going on. Get your local clergy involved as well if you are comfortable with that.

We are a South Dakota investigation group (SPCTR). Let us know if we can help.

spctr-1 [at] spctr.net
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Miranda,

I know exactly what you are going through. I had experienced this my whole life. I would be sleeping in my room and then hear creaks and sounds coming from outside my room, all of a sudden I would feel a presence in the room something evil. I would feel so tired all of a sudden like moving was so hard and then it would start.
I would feel paralyzed and attacked through the mind. The entity would drain my mind and body and I would struggle to be free from this battle. I would constantly pray in my head to God and ask for his help and finally after what seemed like an eternity the being that drained me would leave until the next day.
Does this sound a little familiar. First of all you must remember some advise you will get will be good from other people and others are just entertained by your stories.
If you have never experienced this it seems crazy but everything is out there.
Some Facts, This is not a Ghost this is a Demon, this means you harm, THIS can and will stop through much deep Prayer out loud to God for protection against the entity, with Holy Water and Blessings, you will need the cross in your room. As hard as it sounds you must stand up to this with all your faith and strength; do not backdown, it feeds off of fear. Surround yourself with Positive Energy, Motivational Tapes Quotes Bible Quotes. This happens in many different religions; and it is Real.

I was sleeping when I felt the Presence start to attack me and then I felt someone I had known in Life that passed on pull my spirit away from this situation. Immediately I woke up in the room safe and sound.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
It sounds as if you have received some wonderful advise and helpful tips from our other readers.

I would just like to add, IT IS YOUR BODY! God gave you control of that body. Take a Bible, before lying down read from it, outloud. Tell what ever it is it can no longer have power over you in the name of God. You need to mean it when you say it.

Place at least one cross in your room above the bed. SOme holy water sprinkled around your bed certainly couldn't hurt.

I for one would love it if you would update us on these haopenigns and how you are getting along.

God Bless!
Hamid121 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
I got goose bumps just reading this story.
This has been happening to me ever since I can remember but my situation is worst than yours. These nightmares and tortures by these evil entities has ruined my life with friends and family. I'm ashamed to tell anyone of my personal fears as I'm a fully grown man now. I used to stay awake all night -- afraid to fall asleep. All I can advise is constant prayer and seek someone from amoung the religious section to assist.
Alejandra (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Well, I kno this is easy to say but hard to do but you are doin the right thing of fighting back. Don't let that thing do anything to you. But you should find answers why its doin that to you. Talk to it. But make sure you are safe. Have holy water or something. So it can't get close to you.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
I think I can help, please excuse me if I copied anyone but I do not read the previous comments. I am catholic, and I have seen shows such as A Haunting.

I am getting a strong sense that a demon is attacking you, my advice:
1. Carry something holy, a rosary cross (or crucifix), the Bible, and/or holy water.
2. Go to a Christian church, ask the priest or pastor for help. Then ask for them to bless you.
3. Pray, the power of prayer and God will astonish you.
4. You could also try a digital voice recorder or a camera. If it doesn't attack just record over the next night.
With the digital voice recorder you could ask questions, but bring something holy to protect you.
I wish you the best of luck and a brighter future,
Amanda
nikilovesyou (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
mabye it thinks your someone else?
🤔
do you look like somone who used to live in that place? And next time surprise it with the flash of a camera and get a picture of the ghost attacker! It may leave you alone
for a while. And be carefull it may kill you if it would want to!
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
This sounds terrible. But whatever it is you're feeding it with your fear, I think. I'm not even close to understanding maybe why this entity is attacking you this way, but it seems to want attention. Have you tried changing rooms? Houses? Anything like that?
joelolo (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
Hello miranda, I don't know if you are a Christian or not but it says in the Bible that Jesus said "and these signs shall follow them that believe; in My name (Jesus!) they shall cast out devils" Whenever these spirits attack you say to them "in the name of Jesus I command you to leave me alone". But you really should have a personal relationship with Jesus. Try and find a Christian church near you and talk to the pastor about your situation.
I have had 2 attacks from these devils but I had to ask God to forgive me of my sins before I was able to speak to them to cast them away from me. The last one got very angry when I did that but he flew out the front door anyway. I pray to God that He will help you with this problem. God bless you! Joe 😊
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Oh gosh, that's scary! Maybe you should find out what it wants like use a recorder as cupcake10132 said. You have to try over and over again to say to someone that you are experiencing these things. It might be evil, so try to look at your religion. (Like if you're Christian, pray or read the bible.) Also, try to keep a positive mood by doing hobbies or something like that. Um... Oh, and if you know what times it attacks, maybe (I'm not sure) carry a glass of water and dump it on it if you can.

~With hopes and care, Adventure_Ms_Aqua
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Hmmm you should move that's all I can say... Get a recorder and ask a questoin then playback so you can hear the answer of the ghost. You should go to where the attacks mostly occure. Oh and ask the questoins about 30 minutes before the attacks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: