You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Encounters

 

Some things I should start off saying are 1) my great-great- grandmother was psychic. She told people many things and people thought it was a coincidence until she was pregnant with my great- grandmother. She became ill, but the doctors said she was fine so no one listened to her. She told them she was going to die after having my great-grandma and again, no one believed her. Ten days later she died. 2) My mom can see, hear, and feel anything related to dead people. I didn't find this out until I was about 16.

My mother has cancer and someone told me that that may be reason for it, but she also senses things. Like once my brother was supposed to be a certain place, but instead he was walking around by the ocean and my mom told me BEFORE he even came home that a picture of the place he was at popped in her head. When he came home, my mom asked where he'd been and he told her "walking by the ocean on the highway." Many other things like this have happened. With that said, I'll move on to some of the things about myself.

It started when I was about 11 or 12. The apartment complex we lived in was built on an old fairground where many people died. Also there has been evidence in documents that Indians used to settle there in the early days. Well, one day my mom was taking pics of us in her room and we noticed this green looking mist around a light fixture in the ceiling. We started going around the house taking more pics of things and one of the pics had this outline of a man in an army looking uniform, like a soldier. That's about all I remember from that incident.

Another house we lived in (I was about 13) scared me to death. Something would say my name EVERY night as I lay down to go to bed. I used to lie there crying until I fell asleep. That's all that happened there, but it happened so frequently and progressed to throughout the day, not just before bed. When we moved from that house we had to go back for the last of our things. As we came up to the house we heard really loud, heavy footsteps running through the house but it was locked. No one could have possibly been in there, nor did we see anyone.

Another house we lived in (we move a lot because were pretty poor and get kicked out a LOT) and this black mist floated down the entire hallway. On another occasion I saw a little shadow person in my room before bed. This is when I really started to get scared. I'd have dreams of people dying, and when I described them to my mom she'd tell me, "Yeah, they died. I have seen them. They're showing you how they died."

I can't physically see them like my mom, only in my dreams. Why is this? Does anyone know? My mom says they like to follow me. It's never her, even though she can directly talk to them. Why? I still have dreams, pics pop in my head like my mom now. If I see a real photo, I can tell if someone died there, sometimes how they died.

I just want to know if this makes me "psychic" or what? What do I classify myself as? There's so much more to this story, but I have to go. Please someone help?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jellybean112911, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mysterylady (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Since your mom is physic, you are also sensitive one reason you are 16 and puberty being a factor the second reason your mom having cancer (I'm sorry to hear this I hope she is cured and will be ok) your emotions are running high. Your door of the sensitive life is wide open. Embrace it don't be frightened it is a gift that can help you in life. I don't think making money off it is a good thing but that is only my personal thought but people everywhere can use help from special people like yourself. Talk with your mom she can give you the best advice on how to embrace it as well as control it. Again I hope your mom can pull through this and be here for you a long time to come. GOD BLESS.
maes (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
My husbands aunt is completely blind and can see and speak to the dead when she sleeps. She can see in her dreams and helps guide people to the after life.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Jellybean112911: This is a gift passed down to you from the female figures in your family, and you do seem to be somewhat psychic in a way aswell. You can see them more clearly in your dreams whilst your mother sees them in real time.
Being spiritually open and aware it important for you to protect yourself from any negative things that may be attracted to you. Can your mum help you in this area? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
You may have to do what I have had to do most of my life. Meditate and let them know you need time for yourself, you understand they want help and show you what happened to them but you yourself need time to be normal as well. I have something similar in my family as well, you are not alone and we always like to help eachother:)

Stay safe and be strong! ❤
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Hi Jellybean,
I was wondering if you are still poor. You have a gift and should make money off of it. People who are gifted in Math, Science, English etc... Do the same thing.
luciana126 (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hi, I was wondering if you cna help me. I just watched paranormal activity 1 2 3 and all of a sudden I keep hearing big noises and I keep seeing this little girl walk into my room but shes friendly have you got any ideas of what I can do it really freaks me out. I don't know who she is and shes like 9 with curley hair she kind of freraks me out but she wakes me up at nite. Please help me
night_day (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
Maybe being a psychic is something which is transmitted from one generation to the next one in your family. This can explain your encounters with the paranormal and also why the spirits are so attracted towards you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: