You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Weird Things Have Been Happening To Me My Entire Life

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things Have Been Happening To Me My Entire Life

 

I don't really know where to begin. I am 20 years old and a college student at UF in Gainesville. I don't believe in ghosts / paranormal spirits or demons or any of that, and this is my first time writing about these experiences since my childhood as I didn't wan't to appear crazy or be made fun of. I figure the best way to get it out is over the internet, so at least you can't see who I am.

It all started when I was about 4 or 5 at the time and I lived in Saint Petersburg, FL on a lake that my mother had bought. I remember her pushing me on our swing we had attached to our tree; she had been on the telephone and had to run inside. She was working a lot being a single mother at 20.

There was a house right behind where we had set up the swing. I remember turning around after she had gone inside and seeing two red eyes staring at me from underneath the neighbours' tree. It was almost as if the light didn't penetrate the ground through the trees. It was just two red eyes and complete darkness. Now of course this scared me to death and I cried and ran inside and told my mother and she blamed the scary movies I had been watching, and made me believe it was a coincidence. Now as time went on things got scarier.

I remember one night waking up to see a figure standing in my door way. I immediately pulled the covers over my head and slept like that the rest of the night.

Time went on without any incidents and I had forgotten about it in time. Until one night, and please bear with me as this may sound crazy.

I opened my eyes and turned over to the other side of my bed and there was something lying in bed right next to me. I remember feeling a tingling sensation run up and down my back as I witnessed it almost a feeling of paralysis. I haven't told anyone about that as I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I can't explain it.

As time went on and I got older I moved, yet it felt like everywhere I went I was being watched. I would be randomly walking to the kitchen and get an intense tingly sensation throughout my body.

One night I would say close to midnight, I was in the shower and heard the bloody awful scream that sounded as if someone was being murdered. I rushed out of the shower to check on my parents who were sound asleep. Until this day I cannot explain what I heard. I am really sceptical but I don't have anywhere else to turn or anyone to talk to about this.

Things only have gotten scarier. I will have cabinet doors fly open in front of me and have my food thrown on the ground. I will feel wisps of cool air against my neck and back when a fan or AC isn't even running. The oddest thing about the whole situation is I am not a religious person. I don't understand why these things would follow me?

What made me write this entire story to you all today is what just happened about two hours ago.

My parents were out getting groceries and I was in the garage smoking a cigarette. I heard a car pull up into our drive way, the engine turned off, and I heard a car door open and shut... As soon as I heard the door shut I got a tingly sensation and heard a whisper in my ear, I couldn't quite make out what it was saying, but it was definitely there, it sounded almost as if it was beckoning me or calling my name. I freaked out ran into the house and locked the doors, looked outside and there was no car in sight. I am getting really scared and I don't know what to do about it. The last incident happened about two weeks ago, I was standing in my living room talking to my grandfather when out of the corner of my eye, it appeared as if a ball had just rolled by the door way where I was standing, chuckling thinking my grandpa was joking around I went to go and get it, what do you know... No ball anywhere, not even a single toy from my daughters' room was out. Please if you read this do not call me crazy, I need help... I don't want to be afraid to be in my own house anymore or afraid to fall asleep in fear something will harm me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, derekm1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

derekm1 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
THANK YOU everyone! For replying and not insulting me,

[at] rookdy, I have heard of cleansing rituals, but the problem is I have heard bad stories about them, stories of spirits getting angry, and becoming malicious and that is the last thing I need in my house with my daugther/parents

[at] shellzy my parents are aware yes, but they don't beleive, they are scientologists, and don't really care to believe me or listen.

#spockie Yes, I told myself it was a possom too, but the problem is underneath the tree they had a swing just like mine, almsot exactly identical to be exact, and it seemed as if it was sitting on the swing. And it's eyes were BIG I'm talkin maybe a few inches. Sounds crazy, but I definately know what I saw.

I sincerly appreciate all the comments and help, thank you guys, great suggestions and I am willing to try anything at this point, I honestly don't know if I will be able to preform the cleansing 😕 I consider myself to be tough, but I feel that I am dealing with somthing way beyond my comprehension right now. Since I have written this I havn't experienced anything, but I still ALWAYS get that tingly sensation when I walk through my house.

You know I was thinking, maybe I should try communicating with it, i've dealth with this since I was a little kid, and have never tried to contact it or get in touch with it, I have a high defenition camera and was thinking about turning off all my lights in my house one night and running around taking snapshots, what do you guys think? Do you think this will piss it off? Geez that's the last thing I need hah 😢
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
derekm1,

Here is the Method the others have mentioned, Thanks for that by the way. 😁

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
You are certainly not crazy, I can understand why you would be scared. It sounds as if a spirit is trying to get your attention in some way. Are your parents aware of what is going on?
I would also recommend Rook's cleansing recipie, it will do harm to try it out. It has worked for me and others on this site. Good luck and I hope you can find some peace soon 😊
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I agree with Crecentblue30. There is a regular commentor named Rook, who has a housecleansing receipe. Some other commentors have used this, and have had success with it. I'm sure if you look up what his name, you'll find it on one story he gave it out. Or usually someone will recommend it, or will it out. It can't hurt to try.
lauracanflyy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I defiantly don't think you are crazy! Try and get your house cleansed by a priest or something? I heard once that if you paint rooms bright colours, and put buddahs in there, then it gets rid of bad spirits. I'm not sure if this works or not, but you could always give it a try! And putting bells on windows, if they jingle then there is a spirit present, but then again, you may have a draft, or heat from a radiator can make them jingle x
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
Well, the red eyes under the tree could well have been an opossum, since their eyes do glow red in the dark. Some of the other can be explained as sleep paralysis experiences, and the rest of the experiences have not been harmful at this point. I would definitely burn some sage and do a house cleansing. The main thing is, try not to let these things scare you so badly. Spirits seem to feed off fear and strong emotion.
princess2365 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I believe the cleansing process can go either both way its 50/50 either the activity will go away, or it will just worsen. However if this has happened to you your whole life I doubt it will go away. You should talk to your parents about this, perhaps they can help and have an answer for these happenings.:/ I wish you the best of luck! <3
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
I think you should speak to rookdyjinn he is on here he can tell you how to do a house cleansing. It can help you to get rid of this spirit he has helped many so, don't worry and he doesn't charge and is very understanding. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: