You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My 4 Week New Home

Real Ghost Stories

My 4 Week New Home

 

My name is rick and this is my story and it's a true story seen by my own eyes and a close friend...

I was born in England in 1972 but this event took place in Holland Rotterdam.

My parents moved to Holland in 1979 and I went to school over there and spent most of my life there. When I was old enough, I moved into this flat where a lot of strange things took place. I lived there for exactly four weeks.

I was always doing some kind of sports and never really broke into a sweat. One day I was cleaning the kitchen and I started sweating profusely and it was not a very warm day either. It got that bad that I could feel something very strange was happening. I did not feel ill at all.

There were times when I would be sitting in the living room and I kept getting glances just like when you catch something move out the corner of your eye. One day I saw it again but this time I was very fast at moving my head and I saw a tall man with a black hat on and an over coat nearly touching the floor walk straight past the door way in the living room just like he had walked from the kitchen through the hallway to the front door. I jumped up and ran to the door way and he was gone. I actually thought someone was in my flat and at the same time I knew it was something different.

Another time I was making a coffee I put the spoon in the cup and started walking towards the living room. When I sat down I put the spoon down on my coffee table and then I saw it with my own eyes. The top part of the spoon started to rise up and the spoon part stayed on the table. My spoon had stood vertical up and I grabbed it out of reflection and held it in my hand with the same thoughts going through my head.

One night my friend came over. WE have known each other since we were children. I had told him about the things that were happening in my flat and he was taken back and shocked at the same time. He had known me for years and knew that I would not make any of this up and that I was speaking the truth. It had gone dark by now and me and my friend were listening to some music and then the whole living room lit up like a football stadium, We swiftly looked at each other in shock and both jumped up from our seats and both at the same time looked through the living room blinds and in an instant the room went dark.

There were a few things that I saw in that flat and to be honest I was never at any given point scared, But I did know that whatever was their did not want me there, so I lived there for four weeks and moved all my stuff out and just writing this and telling you gives me shivers all over my body and if anybody ever doubts this story. Well you pay for the lie detector and I will do the test, because I know I was living with a ghost...That's the end

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rick2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
The lesson here Rick? Don't continue the nonsense long after the party is over. Because we will just start a new party all over your thread.
Yes, we are that petty. But we have fun anyway! 😆 😆 😆

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Good idea Amit! Pass me one of those Coronas will you? I like mine with a twist of lime!

Jav 😆
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Hey D! Don't waste your breath on this one! It's a weekend... Grab a beer or something... Better still let's call Puff Bayram and ask him to get the bus.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Okay dude, whatever you say. But all I did was ask about a freaking hat. So do me a favor, don't lump me in to the pile of what you call... Whatever you call them. Geez!

Jav 😕
rick2011 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
To all the people out there... I did not write this to get any help, but thanks any way.it's nice that there are people like your self's that are willing to help. But the reason I wrote this is simply to share what happened in my flat. I don't need any explanation to why this happened, because it's so simple what I saw in my flat was nothing but a ghost and from my point of view I think for some reason that many ghost exist is to do with how people from a certain period came to meet there maker. People die still to this day in unspeakable circumstances... But then people died from even worse circumstances and I think that is why people see so many ghost that they think are or could be the same... But people in certain periods dressed the same just like we do today... I have always wanted to go back to this flat and ask the people whom live their now if they have seen anything... And I am sorry that if anything I have been rude... I have never seen anything like that before in my whole life and like some people I don't have twenty stories to tell... That makes me think... And for people to say that just by saying that I mentioned true just once has just been a joke to me... I would like to do some investigation about that flat and would love to have some help doing so and so far all that people have said is frankly silly... But if any one would like to help me doing so then get in touh... Kind regards rick the rude guy 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
rick no problem at all, its not like I have it all over my profile or anything so I'm ok with it 😊
And was thinking the same as jav/ the one asking about the hat, there is a known shadow person who wears a kind of hat that seems to get around alot. That was going to be my next question.
But that's been answered.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
rick - you started off on the wrong foot and have continued in that vein. Defensive is not the way to get the help you seem to want and need. So what I think you should do is just step back and start fresh here.

There are many people, some of whom have already tried to offer you advice, who might be able to help you. Sometimes what we think is paranormal actually is a normal, non-paranormal experience. But when you, or I or anyone else for that matter, gets defensive from the beginning and doesn't want to listen, it's hard to get help when it's offered because we aren't listening. We've already put up walls, shields or blinders or whatever you want to call them.

Maybe, if you take the time to reread the comments, without the defensive attitude, you might see the help that was intended. There were questions asked and those questions were asked for reasons. Maybe if you answered the questions, they'll lead to more questions and then possibly some answers.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Rick - If you had taken the time to read my entire post, you would have understood that I was trying to get you a logical explanation. Never mind though.
rick2011 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
To the person whom said it could have been some thing wrong with my body... If you had taken the time to read it then you would have read that I always do sports and that my health was and is at top peek of fitness and health... And to all the other people leaving comments... Well thank you kindly even that most are very strange... And to Taz... Did not mean to offend you in any way... So please tell your partner that I am sorry and tell him I did not mean anything by it...
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Rick:
Some natural causes to the phenomena you have described -
1. Sweating without any physical exertion - Blood pressure disorders/ adrenaline drop/ glucose deficiency
2. Peripheral vision - Motor coordination disorder/ lack of sleep
3. Sudden electrical light - Voltage stability issues

These are natural causes. If you can map any of the happenings to such reasons, you may find a non-paranormal answer. If not, then maybe some other angles are needed to get the answers.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Aaw! Rook, you caught me again! Yep! I'm still after the 'original' shadow man. It's the hat that gives him away...
Maybe you should start the bus.

Jav 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Jav,

I think I know the kind of hat he means it's round on top with a 2.5 to 3 inch 'flat' brim all the way around. Catholic Missionaries used to wear them...

At least I hope that's the 'hat' rick means...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
rick2011,

You have told us about a few 'strange things' that happened to you over a 4 week period... Not a single one of them 'screams' of a Spirit wanting you to leave. Did you leave somethings out because they would sound to unbelievable?

I ask because a 'hot flash', A 'full body apparition', An unseen hand moving your spoon and a 'sudden' bright light filling your living room all sound like a cry for attention... Not 'something' wanting you to leave.

If there is more please let us know. There are many people on this site who enjoy helping others understand what they experienced... Sometimes 'natural causes' can be found for the events... Other times not but the whole 'story' must be told before this can happen.

Oh, for the record taz said he didn't have a girlfriend... He didn't say he didn't have a partner.

Taz,

Do I need to go get the bus?

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Rick,
Okay, back to the hat. Sorry, but to me it's one of those things I've been watching for.
When you say like a preachers hat, less than a cowboy hat, what do you mean? Is it the way the sides of the hat are, or what?

Jav
rick2011 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
If people write to me with respect I shall be more than willing to give my time to reply the best I can... But trust me if you write and it's not respectful... Well that's just me being what I do best... A soldier...bye
rick2011 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Well taz I knew you did not have a partner and thank you very much for setting right what you had said... But this is a fact. I am not a writer so please forgive me for writing it the way I did... I am a soldier by trade and this was the first that I have ever put pen to paper so to speak about what happened to me... And a lady asked me about the hat... It was black and like a cowboy hat but the kind you would see a priest wearing and not a cowboy if you know what I mean... I wish I could draw it but my drawing is just as good as my writing... And for the person whom said that about rolling your eyes... Well that's just another stupid remark... Thank you
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Rick,
What kind of hat did the guy you saw in your flat have on? Can you describe the shape or form at all?

Thank you,
Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Rick - just a little advice here, okay? Lay off the "stupid" comments and the rude remarks that followed.

Taz had a valid question. When people repeat something, as in your case "it is true," it does make people question why. All you had to do was answer his question or ignore it. Why bash him?

Honestly, when I read the "lie detector" part, I rolled my eyes. When someone tells me that, I automatically believe they're lying. But that's me.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
rick, you missed my point.
I did not say in anyway that I did not believe your story but when a person puts down a few times "it all true" some might think exactly what I said in my last comment, that's all.
Sorry for any confusion there
Taz.
And your right I don't have a girlfriend,
Wont be having one anytime soon either.
rick2011 (1 stories) (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
That you think it's over the top well that's up to you... Me personally think that you need some kind of hobby... Your comments are stupid and maybe you just need to stay away from people trying to tell there story... So my advice to you is just read as they are and stop wasting people's good time, because it's clearly that you don't have a girl friend... Try it you might just turn into a nice person... Have a nice day... Taz 😆 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
rick2011 a question, why are you being over the top with your "it is true"?
Who are you trying to convince?
The people reading this or your self?
Taz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: