You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visiting His Old Lover

Real Ghost Stories

Visiting His Old Lover

 

A few months ago, my boyfriend and I attended a baby shower of one of his friends' wife. The husband invited all of their old platoon mates so it became a mini reunion for them.

The house is small and crowded with testosterone driven marines, giddy wives, over excited fiancés and loud children. Soon enough I got bored with the endless talk of marriage, upcoming marriage, school kids and infidelities oversees. I grabbed an opportunity when I went to bathroom. When Anthony asked, I'm inside the laundry room, playing with a two months old husky puppy. I decided this is a good excuse to my boyfriend because he knows I'm shy towards people but love a dog to death. The puppy fell asleep on my lap and I was left on solitude to read a book I brought with me.

I was at the middle of a good chapter when the puppy started howling. I don't know a lot about animals but someone told me a dog only howl when being threatened. Superstitious beliefs say, they howl in a presence of death or seeing a ghost.

The door opened and I first saw a combat booth that I usually see Anthony wear on duty. Attached to the boots was pair of legs with camouflage trouser. I thought the guy was a late comer so I wasn't surprise when he said, ''Will you tell Abby, Sander is here?"

I looked up to see who the owner of the voice was and wished I hadn't. Because all I saw was a body and a bloody neck without a head. I sat on the floor didn't know what to do, the puppy howling frantically so I just stared at him for about five minutes that felt like eternity to me. I wanted to get out but he was standing at the door way. I was paralyzed by fright and I couldn't move let alone scream. I don't know how and why but he just suddenly vanished. Not long after, Anthony came looking for me.

I was so shaken that the next thing I remember is I was already in the passenger seat of the car. I can vaguely recall saying goodbye so I was startled when Anthony asked me if I am ok. I didn't answer but asked instead if he knew someone that is named Sanders. He looked at me bewildered before answering, ''I don't really know him because I was his replacement. They told me he hung himself with a chain attached to a reversed land rover. He was beheaded.''

I felt like the blood was drained out of my body at that point but I want to know the details. I asked him why he committed suicide.

''Abby [the woman who is throwing a baby shower] cheated on him with Mike. Mike told me when we were still in Iraq that Abby already had four miscarriage and she's thinking it's karma.''

Anthony asked me if Abby mentioned Sanders but I wanted to be honest and answered I was hiding at the laundry room the whole time. I also told him what I saw and he believes me.

Anthony thinks I should have passed the message to Abby or Mike but I told him I was so scared and to think what trouble it going to cause. We decided to keep quite.

Other hauntings by RLA15

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RLA15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vantresa (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
If you have not done so please pass that message. No matter how long it's been she needs to know what was sent to her, she won't be mad just only at comfort that he knows and at lease tried to see her after all was said and done. It will mean a lot to her and him I beleive.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Hello, RLA15:

Perhaps you could wait until the baby is safely delivered, then tell Abby yourself. If you let Anthony tell Mike, it may never get to Abby. I think she would want to know, regardless of what she wants to do about it. After all, the message was intended for her.
I think it's fascinating that you saw a full apparition that communicated with you. Even though it was probably very frightening at the time, few ever get to see something like this. Very interesting!
Many Blessings,
Lynev
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Geeta50 first of skill thank you for sharing your thoughts. I was kind of surprise no one has told me you should have passed the message because that's what the spirit want you to do.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
That is really scary to experience. I think I would reacted like you did. As for not telling the couple, it's your choice in the end, but I would have at least told Mike and leave Abby out of it. By reasoning is (1) not telling Abby because as you said she already had four miscarriages and doesn't need the extract stress. (2) I said to tell Mike is because if you saw the spirit than mostly likely it's haunting the couple and it would be good to stop it or cross him over.
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Rookdygin I don't know if I forget to mention but the party was. Really loud. It's making me really uncomfortable that is why I left. I doubt it if I scream they will come to investigate.

About sanders. I have. No way knowing him because anthony doesn't know him that.much. But I did ask him why did he. Hung himself instead of shooting his head or something. They were in a brigade after all. He said his only guess is that sanders is in suicide watch so they must have taken his guns away from him. I'm not surprise though because working in a hospital, I encounter much worst suicide attempts. Most of them depressed civilians.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
There are a couple of things I am wondering about...

First, the puppy was howling... This must have been extremely loud...didn't the puppies owners come and see what was wrong with him... Or tell him to be quiet? It's natural for an owner to investigate when there puppy sounds as if it's in distress... Or just to quiet the animal because they are training him.

Second, This 'Sanders'...you were told he 'Hung' himself by wrapping an chain around his neck and attaching it to a 'reversed' land rover? I know that people will go to extremes when they are very depressed and considering suicide (I've looked at that 'cliff' and very nearly took that 'leap'...and that is all I will say about it) but that seems a very extreme way of doing oneself in...

I'm not saying this didn't happen... But I am very much 'on the fence' concerning this one... Mostly about the way 'Sanders' did himself in.

Respectfully,

Rook
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
That's what one of my aunt told me when I was still a kid. I guess this is a good thing though because I the first time I seen a ghost, I panicked, jump from the top of a tall flight of steps and ended up breaking my left ankle.
aamo_29 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Sometime's if I see a ghost I just close my eyes and take a deep breath and count to three... But I think that won't work for you...: (
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
I was wondering the same thing. I wish I can ask them but I don't know why.
bereal25 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Wow what a story. I wonder if abby herself experienced seeing him and is keeping quiet too. Sanders must have had a lot of passion for her that the cheating resorted to his violent death.
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
It would have been a relief if I did. Thank you for reading!:)
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
Wow you must have been so scared!. I think its a good think you guys kept it to your selves. You are pretty brave I'm surprised you didn't faint!. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: