You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Protector

Real Ghost Stories

Family Protector

 

A person like me who is interested in the paranormal, it's always nice to hear what other people experience. If not for the fun of it, at least to valid what you experienced is not crazy and as zzzgranny would say, become a loony! It's especially fun to hear stories that are related to your family. This story that I'm going to rely to you is one of those and was told to me by mom.

This takes place in Sri Lanka. My grandmother is one of ten kids. My grandmother had three older brothers and an older sister; everyone else younger than her. I actually got to meet her when I went to help out with the Tsunami relieve and she was a nice but protective woman. My grandmother's sister died about 5 years ago in Sri Lanka and mother actually went to the funeral because she had hand raising my mother and her brother after her father died young.

My mother told me how my grandmother's sister was always protected of her home and her family. Couple of days after the funeral, while everyone was out to buy things needed for the special poojas (prayers) done at temple, my grandmother's sister's house was broken into. (This prayer is done to guide the spirit / soul over to its plane). When everyone got back they found the front gate broken and the front and back doors wide open. At that time, the Sri Lankan civil war was happening, so they didn't know whether it was the government soldiers or actual robbers. Because of the war, many of the rings and gold chains were left in a bank locker and only taken out if there was a special occasion. Apparently, a gold ring belonging to my grandmother's brother and two gold chains were stolen.

My family got scared, so after calling the police, they called the astrologer from a temple from the next town. The minute he enter the house, he kept saying that something was off and that the poojas at the temple should be done as soon as possible and the house should be cleansed also. Since the astrologer live in another village about 45 minutes away and it was late, he ended up spending the night at my grandmother's sister's house. My mother told me that he kept getting up during the night and asked for water.

In the morning, my grandmother's oldest brother asked him why he didn't sleep properly. His response was that his sister was standing by the willow tree in the corner of the front of the house and wouldn't let him sleep because he was a stranger. He also mentioned that she sent a message that the police would find the body of the robber.

Sure enough, the family got the news from the police two days later that they found the body of the robber with the gold ring and chains on him in a ditch on the outskirts of town. After the autopsy was completed, they found that he was bitten by a snake BUT the cause of death was heart attack. He was 25 years had no previous heart problems and there was no clots in his veins. The autopsy also mentioned that his pupils were large. The police said that it was mostly like the poison that caused the pupils to do that.

There isn't direct proof but I think my grandmother's sister had a direct hand in the death of the robber. Police said that either in an attempt to escape or to sell the jewellery he got beat up and left to die by the snake. One fault with that theory is that it was rain season and the area that they found the body was muddy and there weren't any other footprints other than the robber's there.

What do you think?

Side notes: The pooja and the cleansing of the house happened the next day. The days leading up to finding the body and the pooja, different people experienced something in the house at different times. For example, her youngest grandchild loves eating the honey in the kitchen. The honey bottle is usually on the second shelf but this time it was on the top shelf and nobody moved it. When the grandson tried to reach for it by standing on the bottom shelf, he got his bum slapped really hard and he fell to the ground. Apparently, it took him about two seconds to turn around but found nobody and they couldn't have gone out of the kitchen that fast.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
hi geetha, our beloved peoples soul are always with us and protecting us. I also had strong belief in that. Really loved your story
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Thanks for the comment, guys! Sorry for the late reply but I had to take trip to India. Adsouza is right in that somethings can't never be explained.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
geetha,
I don't know how I missed this one, but I am happy I found it now.
I agree with taz and Amit about the robber still having the ring and chains on him when he was found being a good indication that he wasn't attacked by a human. No footprints around him? Gee, I wonder who would have beat him up and then left no sign of their coming or going? In the mud?
Yes, it does seem as though there is someone keeping things in proper order there. And if it wasn't the venom that made his eyes dilate, then it was surely the fright!
And you are right, the whack on the bum was not only funny, it was validation of her presence in the home. It seems that the protective hand can be a stern one as well. 😉
I always enjoy reading about your family. Thank you for sharing.
😊

Jav ❤
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
The theory about the thief being beaten up and left is too unreal. The jewellery would not have been there. So you may be correct in believing your granny's sister was responsible in some way.

Well written account Geetha! Sometimes we just have to go with the faith and leave logic behind... Its more mentally satisfying.

I had a smile while reading the part where the kid got smacked on his butt!

Cheers!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Very protective indeed geetha, very strange when you think about it, I think there could be high chance that your Grandmothers sisters did put certain things in place to get this robber. Thanks for sharing again mate.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
geetha, very thought provoking, thanks for adding this one 😊
One more point to think about, if the robber had been beaten and left for dead then why did he still have the ring and chains? Would they not rob him too?
And loved the last bit with the grandson getting a smacked bottom for trying to get the honey, guess your grans sister was watching.
Taz
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Thank you, Rook! I believe that also. I guess some people who love their families as much as my grandmother's sister did, they would always come back to protect them in some form or another.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Congats on another well told experience even if it wasn't your own. Sounds as if that part of your Family has a Guardian. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: