You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: His Bite

Real Ghost Stories

His Bite

 

So this basically happened when I was in South Korea as an exchange student for a year. It's the only paranormal experience I had whilst I was there but boy will I remember it for life.

I decided to live alone whilst I was there instead of living with other people in a share house or the uni dorm. So I rented a one room near the uni and lived there on my own.

I fell asleep whilst watching an episode of Running Man. (Not relevant but just felt like mentioning that) Suddenly I woke up in the middle of the night, not sure what time, feeling tingles all over my body. It wasn't particularly cold as it was transitioning to autumn but I just felt shivers all over my body and hair raised, goosebumps everywhere. And that's when I heard loud breathing. And it wasn't my own.

For a second I was wondering to myself if I was dreaming and if I was aware I was dreaming if this was a lucid dream. (I've had lucid dreams before and made myself fly or breathe underwater) But after a few seconds of trying to change the dream made me realise I was definitely not dreaming.

The breathing was coming from above me where the ceiling was, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. And I pretended to be asleep so I breathed slowly, with a bit of volume. But I don't think I fooled whatever it was. The breathing became louder and closer and I felt it's hot breath, whatever it was. I can never forget this feeling and it made me forget that I was supposed to be pretending that I'm asleep but I inhaled sharply and just froze, too scared to move or make a sound.

It giggled and it was a man's voice. And then I felt its breath shift to the back of my neck and then after a bit shifted again to my right arm. I started praying all my prayers coz I was scared s**tless. Then I felt it's breath on my right hand and then the breath was concentrated onto my pinky finger. Then it bit me! My pinky finger. I jerked my hand way and clambered into the covers because of course that's going to protect me. Stupid. After realising I was being a fool I got out of bed and ran to the light. Hit my hip on the way and bruised it. But after I turned the light on there was nothing there. I don't know what I was expecting. I wasn't about to open the store room opposite my bed or check under the bed.

I looked at my pinky finger and it didn't look particularly different. Just a bit more pink compared to the rest of my fingers. No bite marks. But then again I just jerked my hand away very quickly when it was starting to get painful. I brushed my teeth, grabbed my phone saw it was 3:47am then put on a coat, grabbed my wallet, left the house and went to a 24 hour karaoke. I was hoping singing my favourite songs was going to distract me. I just didn't want to be in that room that night.

I've told other people but they just laugh it off and say I must have been dreaming. But I was not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessenia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jessenia (1 stories) (3 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-23)
Hey silverthane61,

Luckily it was a one time thing. So I guess I can say I'm lucky. Not sure what would have happened if I had not moved my hand away on time, or had decided to brave the night. I think the fact that I left as soon as it happened must have caused it to leave me alone as I'm "no fun" but that's just a presumption.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-17)
This was not an ordinary occurrence for sure. Anything that attempts to do harm or frighten for an energy surge cannot be good. This would really worry me if this was not a one-time only event - I hope it was.
Jessenia (1 stories) (3 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-05)
Hey Alina5,

I'm no longer in the house as I had finished my study abroad and returned back to London but I was living in that house for more or less a year.

It was my first time experiencing first hand something like that. And haven't experienced anything since then.

I had asked the people around the area (mostly store owners or restaurant ajhummas) and they said that ghost sightings are common in Seoul especially near universities. As unfortunately due to the competitive nature of their culture and high expectations an unprecedented amount of students commit suicide. And I was basically living opposite Korea University.

As for the building itself I am not sure about it's history. It is a fairly new building. Mostly rented to students of Korea University based on how close it is to campus.

And from what I've been told by landlord, the people who used the room before me were a Chinese male, Japanese female and two Korean males (chronologically). That's all I knew.

Regards,
Jessenia ❤
Jessenia (1 stories) (3 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-05)
Hey Melda,

Deffo not a good entity. 😭 That laugh itself was enough to give me chills but breathing on me as well was a big no no. It only happened once. If it had happened more than once then for sure I would have told the Landlord. But as it never happened again I eventually forgot about it (or for the sake of my own sanity refused to dwell on it) and focused on other things. This happened 2 years ago.

Regards Jessenia ❤
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-04)
Hello Jessenia,

My prayers for your well-being!
I agree with Melda it certainly tried to harm you, which I believe is not a good sign. But I don't want to scare you as we maybe unaware of the true state of affairs. I've a few questions if you don't mind clarifying it:

How long you've been in the house?

Is it the first time you've experienced this?

Is the house known for paranormal activities?

Has anything happened in recent near your locality which you can relate to this incident? (Death or something)

May God bless you!

Peace
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-03-31)
Jessenia - Not the kind of thing a good entity would do. Whatever it was, it went out of its way to frighten you and of course it succeeded. I'd have been pretty nervous myself and that's putting it mildly!

I've read about and heard of people being physically harmed by supernatural entities but fortunately have never experienced it personally.

It seems that this was a one-off experience. Did you mention this incident to the landlord and if so, what was the response?

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: